Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Justin Houston break the Sack Record?

Default Can Justin Houston break the Sack Record?

He's got 7.5 sacks in 3 games so far. At that pace he would end the season with a huge 40 sacks.

Now, obviously he is destined to have some not so sack-heavy games, but I still think the record of 22.5 sacks is well within reach.

It's certainly possible but I think he will start seeing more double teams and that will mean more sacks for Poe, Hali and everyone else. He also needs to stay healthy but he seems to have been pretty durable so far.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

TopekaRoy is exactly right. The more pressure a single individual puts on the QB the more he is going to get double coverage. But with that said, with all the threats we have I think it is distinctly possible that we could set a single season sack record. And I do agree that Houston could threaten that 22.5 record.

Anybody know the most sacks recorded by a team in a 16 game season?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Anybody know the most sacks recorded by a team in a 16 game season?
    72 sacks in 1984 by DA Bears!

That's 4.5 sacks per game. Right now the Chiefs are averaging 5.0 sacks per game!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Thanks Topeka! I remember that season. I was living in Prince Frederick, Md (Scumskin country) and my next door neighbor was a Bears fan. We watched football together all day every Sunday and Monday night for good luck. We'll be hard pressed to break that Bears record but it is not outside the realm of possibility. Can you say "refrigerator?"!

People do not know this & even though it may be unofficial, it is still a known fact that Deacon Jones in 1967 and Coy Bacon in 1976 sacked opposing QB's 26 times in a 14 game season.

HOF DE Doug Atkins said he believes that he has even more than that during a season in his heyday.

If Justin Houston does hit 26 by game 14, then that will be an impressive feat.

With this defensive scheme, at this point, if these guys stay healthy anything is possible.

The nfl changed it 4.5 sacks on vick. The never cou.ted the last kne with the fumble cuz of human errror.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    The nfl changed it 4.5 sacks on vick. The never cou.ted the last kne with the fumble cuz of human errror.
    Color me stupid, but are you saying Houston officially got 4.5 sacks for the game?

Justin Houston is bye far the best Pioli ERa pick. One of the best picks this team has made in a long long time
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast