Thursday, September 19, 7:25 CDT
    at
    Lincoln Financial Field

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Television coverage:

NFL Network

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm pretty confident that after the half we'll make adjustments and put a headlock on them and squeeze until their brains pop out their ears ...
    I LOVE the image that puts in my head!

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I LOVE the image that puts in my head!
    Thanks TopekaRoy!!!! It came to me in a flash of inspiration.....and I think we are going to do it after the half.....just need to hold them to 17 or less in the first half and then I think we will have them in the bag.

Why do you think that is? What is it about the Giants being the Giants that gives them an edge? Both teams are completely different than they were 12 or 8 years ago. I don't see how what happened then has any bearing on what will happen this year.
    Because, history is a huge precedent with the Chiefs, regardless if one wants to acknowledge it or not. Don't believe me? Look what's happened when the Chiefs went unbeaten at home during the regular season in 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 -- first round loss in playoffs at home ( the year they won the SB, they lost a home game to the Raiders 27-24 back in '69 ). Or how about being Zero for 17 drafting QB's since the NFL and AFL realigned in 1970? Has nothing to do with any type of superstition -- that's simply the way things have gone down -- same as the Giants always giving the Chiefs a rough time in their matchups.

Secondly, the Giants are a team that has underachieved thus far, this season. I don't expect that trend to continue & would not be surprised if they get it turned around shortly. Their D-Line in particular has underachieved, but they still have a lot of talented players there, and the Giants interior D-Line does have the potential to overwhelm and devastate the Chiefs interior O-Line.

Thirdly, Alex Smith hasn't fared too well against the Giants recently and had his worst outing last year against the Giants.

But, if you wish to ignore history as well as any potential red flags, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Because, history is a huge precedent with the Chiefs, regardless if one wants to acknowledge it or not. Don't believe me? Look what's happened when the Chiefs went unbeaten at home during the regular season in 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 -- first round loss in playoffs at home ( the year they won the SB, they lost a home game to the Raiders 27-24 back in '69 ). Or how about being Zero for 17 drafting QB's since the NFL and AFL realigned in 1970? Has nothing to do with any type of superstition -- that's simply the way things have gone down -- same as the Giants always giving the Chiefs a rough time in their matchups.

Secondly, the Giants are a team that has underachieved thus far, this season. I don't expect that trend to continue & would not be surprised if they get it turned around shortly. Their D-Line in particular has underachieved, but they still have a lot of talented players there, and the Giants interior D-Line does have the potential to overwhelm and devastate the Chiefs interior O-Line.

Thirdly, Alex Smith hasn't fared too well against the Giants recently and had his worst outing last year against the Giants.

But, if you wish to ignore history as well as any potential red flags, be my guest.
    The parts in bold are excellent arguments. (Paraphrasing) "We can't beat the Giants because we never drafted a franchise QB..."--- eh, not so much.

The parts in bold are excellent arguments. (Paraphrasing) "We can't beat the Giants because we never drafted a franchise QB..."--- eh, not so much.
    I don't mean to sound like a Negative Nancy, but what I'm trying to point out is that come week 4, Chiefs fans would do well to show the Giants nothing but the utmost respect.

Hey, I'd love it if the Chiefs played one of the best games in their history and waxed the Giants all over the field. But, knowing what I know, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Coaching Against Old Team on Road
    Season After Leaving Since 1996

Result
    2013 Andy Reid Chiefs at Eagles ?
    2006 Dick Jauron Bills at Lions Lost
    2003 Steve Mariucci Lions at 49ers Lost
    1999 Mike Holmgren Seahawks at Packers Won
    1997 Bill Parcells Jets at Patriots Lost
    1996 Ted Marchibroda Ravens at Colts Lost

History not on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    My concern is BFlo being hurt, hope if he does play he don't get put on display like last week...
    he's gonna get a workout on the field today. may be a game time decision. we'll see. all these injured TE's bother's me
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

philly by 14. i dont think we can score more then 17 and we will need about 32 to win. awefull secondary and we rarely pressure qb.

we esentially drafted a QBOTF in Smith..we gave picks for him..OMG!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Coaching Against Old Team on Road
    Season After Leaving Since 1996

Result
    2013 Andy Reid Chiefs at Eagles ?
    2006 Dick Jauron Bills at Lions Lost
    2003 Steve Mariucci Lions at 49ers Lost
    1999 Mike Holmgren Seahawks at Packers Won
    1997 Bill Parcells Jets at Patriots Lost
    1996 Ted Marchibroda Ravens at Colts Lost

History not on our side
    See? Again with irrelevant history. Those are all different teams with different coaches and have nothing to do with tonight's game. If I flipped a coin 9 times and it came up heads on 7 of those flips, would you say, "oh, it doesn't look good for tails?" No, the chances of tails coming up would still be one in two regardless of what happened in the past. People are confusing "trends" with "cause and effect." Generally speaking trends like these go against the odds rather than along with the odds.

The 2006 Bills finished 7-9 (3-5 on the road), 2003 Lions; 5-11 (0-8 OTR), 1997 Jets; 9-7 (4-4 OTR), 1996 Ravens; 4-12 (0-8 OTR). That's a combined road record of 12-25 for those teams that lost in your chart. They weren't just losing to their coaches' former teams. They were losing to lots of teams because they weren't very good. We don't know if this Chiefs team is any good or not, yet, because they have only played two games so far. But what other teams did with other coaches has nothing to do with tonight's game. All that matters is how good the Chiefs and the Eagles are.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast