Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,541
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 74

    Default Game 3 thoughts


    0 Not allowed!
    The Good

    On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

    Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

    The bad

    Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

    Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up


    Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants

  2. #91
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 3

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'd agree he's far from horrible. McCluster is great as long as he's used in the right way. From what I've seen so far that best way is kick returns. The guy just strikes me as being too small to be an effective RB.
    To me, McCluster is obsolete. Demps has beaten him out of the kick return role and the one kick off McCluster got last week, he dropped, picked up and got tackled by the first guy as always. Every other tackle of McCluster usually comes with a OOOOH from teh opposing teams fans as it looks like a big hit, but reality is there is no subtance to McCluster to give any resistence to the tackler so it always looks like he is getting lit up.

    As far as running back, he is a gimmick running back. He gets junk yards at the end of quarter when teams give up the short yards to prevent a big play or gets 6 yards when we need 20. As far as running backs, I would rather use the actual running backs Davis and Gray.

    McCluster is better used as as 5th receiver behind Bowe, Avery and Hemmingway and the TE of the week, to run out in the flat and catch a dump off for 6 yards when we need 4 and everyone else took the defense deep.

  3. #92
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Bottom line is Pioli had no business drafting McCluster at #36 overall with as many good football players that were still on the board in the 2010 draft. McCluster's college teammate, Kendrick Lewis, on the other hand was a great value pick in the 5th round of that same draft & I wasn't surprised at all that he became an instant starter and stayed there.

    After this season, McCluster, Asamoah, Lewis, and TJ all have their rookie contracts expire. Lewis, Asamoah, and TJ must stay. McCluster must go.

  4. #93
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,188
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 683

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Bottom line is Pioli had no business drafting McCluster at #36 overall with as many good football players that were still on the board in the 2010 draft. McCluster's college teammate, Kendrick Lewis, on the other hand was a great value pick in the 5th round of that same draft & I wasn't surprised at all that he became an instant starter and stayed there.

    After this season, McCluster, Asamoah, Lewis, and TJ all have their rookie contracts expire. Lewis, Asamoah, and TJ must stay. McCluster must go.
    Still scratching my head over that draft. It did bring some talent in, but to me it was the wrong kind of talent. We really, really needed O-line or blocking help, and instead Pioli went after a bunch of small-ish running backs & defensive backs (my guess is Pioli was thinking "...If I can just find the next Dante Hall...Ticket sales will go up, and I'll look like a genius.") It didn't even dawn on Pioli to seriously consider the O-line until his last draft. By that point, everyone was banged up physically and mentally.

  5. #94
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Still scratching my head over that draft. It did bring some talent in, but to me it was the wrong kind of talent. We really, really needed O-line or blocking help, and instead Pioli went after a bunch of small-ish running backs & defensive backs (my guess is Pioli was thinking "...If I can just find the next Dante Hall...Ticket sales will go up, and I'll look like a genius.") It didn't even dawn on Pioli to seriously consider the O-line until his last draft. By that point, everyone was banged up physically and mentally.
    That is precisely what got him fired. He insisted on Cassel as his QB, but did very little to address the O-Line in front of him ( Weigmann and Lilja were stop-gap measures ) & acted as if you could just pick guys off the street ( like O'Callaghan ) and throw them in as starters & there wasn't anything to worry about. Of course, opposing Defensive front 7's weren't fooled by it and Cassel got beaten into a zombie.

    Thank goodness, that the new regime understands the importance of the big guys up front and Dorsey went on record as saying he would build from front-to-back and from the inside-out through the draft. He'll snag the Grade-A quality BEEF at the top of the draft if it's there.

  6. #95
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,188
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 683

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    To me, McCluster is obsolete. Demps has beaten him out of the kick return role and the one kick off McCluster got last week, he dropped, picked up and got tackled by the first guy as always. Every other tackle of McCluster usually comes with a OOOOH from teh opposing teams fans as it looks like a big hit, but reality is there is no subtance to McCluster to give any resistence to the tackler so it always looks like he is getting lit up.

    As far as running back, he is a gimmick running back. He gets junk yards at the end of quarter when teams give up the short yards to prevent a big play or gets 6 yards when we need 20. As far as running backs, I would rather use the actual running backs Davis and Gray.

    McCluster is better used as as 5th receiver behind Bowe, Avery and Hemmingway and the TE of the week, to run out in the flat and catch a dump off for 6 yards when we need 4 and everyone else took the defense deep.
    That very well may be true, other teams that were initially caught off guard about McCluster's strengths as a player might now have caught on, which would explain a lot. I'm still not sold on the guy being a running back, but Reid's probably going to throw him out there in a bunch of different situations just to experiment.

  7. #96
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You see, just as I said. As soon as you as you write McCluster off he goes off and has a great game. Now, he didn't carry the ball out of the back field and was used as a 4th WR in the flat most of the time which where I think he should be used, but he always makes me eat my words one game out of 10. So I will continue to talk bad on him and see if he can consitently make me eat my words.

    Next week The Chiefs will game plan for him, as will the Titans and he will be silenced.

  8. #97
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,480
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You see, just as I said. As soon as you as you write McCluster off he goes off and has a great game. Now, he didn't carry the ball out of the back field and was used as a 4th WR in the flat most of the time which where I think he should be used, but he always makes me eat my words one game out of 10. So I will continue to talk bad on him and see if he can consitently make me eat my words.

    Next week The Chiefs will game plan for him, as will the Titans and he will be silenced.
    If McCluster is silenced but that leaves someone else open then McCluster will have had a great game. Alex Smith seems to find a different receiver every week to be his favorite target. He also spreads the ball around a lot. Opposing defenses can't key on just one or two possible targets.

  9. #98
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If McCluster is silenced but that leaves someone else open then McCluster will have had a great game. Alex Smith seems to find a different receiver every week to be his favorite target. He also spreads the ball around a lot. Opposing defenses can't key on just one or two possible targets.
    I just don't want the Chiefs thinking they have to give McCluster more touches. Use him just as they did this week, nothing more.

  10. #99
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,480
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm not much worried about that. Reid seems to be good at spreading the ball around and finding out who is hot on any given day. I doubt this weeks performance will cause Reid to go to McCluster any more than he has been.

  11. #100
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm not much worried about that. Reid seems to be good at spreading the ball around and finding out who is hot on any given day. I doubt this weeks performance will cause Reid to go to McCluster any more than he has been.
    They started out aginst the Eagles giving the ball to much to McCluster specially out of the back field.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game 2 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 11:18 PM
  2. Thoughts on the game
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 12:05 AM
  3. Thoughts about the game
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 02:19 AM
  4. Just got home from the game -- my thoughts
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. Thoughts on the game
    By huck1974 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •