Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

Default Game 3 thoughts

The Good

On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

The bad

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up

Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Hopefully it doesn't ever happen but we will see Alex Smith's arm strength when we fall behind in a game, until then I'd say we are doing exactly as Andy Reid has planned. Smartest play calling I've ever seen, why strike deep if we don't have to? If the defense has an off day then we will see our offense get busy

I'm willing to bet we beat the Donks once this season

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I'm starting to think maybe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm starting to think maybe so.
    As I've said before, I'm hoping the Chiefs get a 3rd crack at Denver in the post-season at Denver and the CHIEFS BEAT THEM !!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    As I've said before, I'm hoping the Chiefs get a 3rd crack at Denver in the post-season at Denver and the CHIEFS BEAT THEM !!
    I don't want to hijack the thread but this isn't worthy of a new one. Does anyone know how Smith is in cold weather games?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I don't want to hijack the thread but this isn't worthy of a new one. Does anyone know how Smith is in cold weather games?
    A good question. Not sure of Alex Smith's track record in cold weather games. Just have to hope that Alex can adapt and overcome.

You mean the Alex Smith who played the majority of his games in northern California?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You mean the Alex Smith who played the majority of his games in northern California?
    We understand that northern Calif. isn't like south Fla., but it's not the Arctic Circle, either. I believe #58chiefsfan may have been referring to games with cold temperatures like you'd get in GB in late December.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, basically playoff weather games. I never followed the Niners close enough to know how Alex has been in weather like Arrowhead and Invesco are known for in the winter.

I have no clue as to Alex Smith's capabilities in really cold weather. I'll say this though......Alex Smith is not our be all end all. He's not one of those QBs that if he is out the whole team folds. He is....dare I say it....."a game manager". We are not 3-0 because of Alex Smith. He's just been a good part of the team.

We are not there yet, but we are building a team that can win games anywhere anytime under any conditions.

I'm glad we're not Donks fans. Can you imagine what happens to them if the forehead goes down? Can you say total collapse?

We need Alex Smith, but this is not a team that folds if the QB is having a bad day due to weather or anything else.

Our Chiefs are becoming a do it all anywhere anytime type of team.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast