Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

Default Game 3 thoughts

The Good

On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

The bad

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up

Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I have no clue as to Alex Smith's capabilities in really cold weather. I'll say this though......Alex Smith is not our be all end all. He's not one of those QBs that if he is out the whole team folds. He is....dare I say it....."a game manager". We are not 3-0 because of Alex Smith. He's just been a good part of the team.

We are not there yet, but we are building a team that can win games anywhere anytime under any conditions.

I'm glad we're not Donks fans. Can you imagine what happens to them if the forehead goes down? Can you say total collapse?

We need Alex Smith, but this is not a team that folds if the QB is having a bad day due to weather or anything else.

Our Chiefs are becoming a do it all anywhere anytime type of team.
    I think people throw out the term Game manager as a negative way to much.

A game manager and Elite Qb both need 1 thing. The right team around them to win. I've said this fact time and time again. Trent Differ has the same amount of rings as Peyton Manning. And more rings then Dan Marino. Even an elite QB has trouble winning championships if he doesn't have the right team around him. A Elite QB doesn't need as good of a team but he still needs help. No one ever does it alone. Not even Peyton Manning as much as the media would love to tell you he does
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

THERE IT IS!!!!!! A "Superstar" QB can make up for a lot of failing on the rest of the team, but a "good" QB with a great team around him is going to collect a lot more "bling".........just look at Brady this year.........

I would put smith in the top 15 qb range and maybe top ten. I know hes not an elite qb but alot of times these elite qbs also have good wr who beats one on ones and makes the grest catch which in turns makes the qb look better as well. Aaron rodgers benifets mostly frkm this. There loaded at wr. The only qb I cam think of who won with just anybody at wr was brett farve who is my fav of all time. He had some good wr at the end but before that he didnt.
    Point is we cant always judge a qb on stats alone.
    Brady had moss, grownkowski, walker
    Payton manning had harrison, wayne, and clark
    Arron roders had genning, driver, shipley, jones, loaded
    Brees has some but cant think off top of my head
    Kurt warner had, isace bruce,holt, Fitzgerald
    Eli manning has cruz and someone else I think
    Aikmen had irvin
    Steve young had rice and owens
    Montana had rice and somereason I want to say jj stokes but I know he had another wr
    Plus I know all of them also benefited for the sytem there in. Esp Rodgers and brady

Who has smith worked with at wr? And smith didnt have the sytem foundation and continuity of systems. Dif coaches and cordinaters and dif offenses unlike all the good qb in this league have had.

Agreed. I think that some of the reason Smith has been having difficulties is the "gelling" process that has been discussed before. Part of that "gelling" will be Smith getting comfortable with his receivers. Eventually he will have 2 or 3 receivers that he views as his "go to" targets. Once he gets there and the O-line improves I suspect he will be far more effective in the passing game than he has been to date.

Yeah I think alex can be great if he was in aaron rogers shoes. Matt flynn even set td record amd looked good and you seen what hes done since hes left. So im excited with the potential of smith. Its up to reid to get him the weapons and a decent oline.
    And I think smith is better then flacco who got lucky with the catch from bolden. He has balls though cuz that was ballsy but it was a stupid throw or call je just got lucky. But wow did he cash it in amd take the ravens to the bank. Ravens will be downhill from now with cash withstraints on now thanks to flacco who think he deserves #1 money. Not saying hes bad or not good but he had one good post season run ame hes not a top ten qb in my eyes.
    Anyways I have all the faith in smith. We just need to give him skme weapons. Heck last year in sf he was in talk for the mvp before he got injured amd he had one decent wr and davis at te.

Reids only negative is pass happy though I love to pass myself id love to see more I formation've power run and sweeps. But then again your predictable so you have to pass as well in I formation.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Agreed. I think that some of the reason Smith has been having difficulties is the "gelling" process that has been discussed before. Part of that "gelling" will be Smith getting comfortable with his receivers. Eventually he will have 2 or 3 receivers that he views as his "go to" targets. Once he gets there and the O-line improves I suspect he will be far more effective in the passing game than he has been to date.
    The part a lot of people overlook, even Len Dawson was complaining about this on 101FX...It takes the recievers, too. When the plays break down, our recievers need to be scrambling back towards the QB, and CATCH the football once it's there. Too many times I've watched the ball hit the hands or numbers only not to get hauled in!

Yeah, our O-line needs a lot of work, and things will improve as the season goes on and everyone understands the offense better (Going from Brian Daboll to Andy Reid is a HUGE shift) In the meantime, though, the recievers can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The part a lot of people overlook, even Len Dawson was complaining about this on 101FX...It takes the recievers, too. When the plays break down, our recievers need to be scrambling back towards the QB, and CATCH the football once it's there. Too many times I've watched the ball hit the hands or numbers only not to get hauled in!

Yeah, our O-line needs a lot of work, and things will improve as the season goes on and everyone understands the offense better (Going from Brian Daboll to Andy Reid is a HUGE shift) In the meantime, though, the recievers can do better.
    I also heard Lenny mention it more than once this season. What he said is something to the effect of "when the receivers see the QB in trouble to forget the pattern they are running and get to an open spot" and the Chiefs receivers need to work on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I would put smith in the top 15 qb range and maybe top ten. I know hes not an elite qb but alot of times these elite qbs also have good wr who beats one on ones and makes the grest catch which in turns makes the qb look better as well. Aaron rodgers benifets mostly frkm this. There loaded at wr. The only qb I cam think of who won with just anybody at wr was brett farve who is my fav of all time. He had some good wr at the end but before that he didnt.
    Point is we cant always judge a qb on stats alone.
    Brady had moss, grownkowski, walker
    Payton manning had harrison, wayne, and clark
    Arron roders had genning, driver, shipley, jones, loaded
    Brees has some but cant think off top of my head
    Kurt warner had, isace bruce,holt, Fitzgerald
    Eli manning has cruz and someone else I think
    Aikmen had irvin
    Steve young had rice and owens
    Montana had rice and somereason I want to say jj stokes but I know he had another wr
    Plus I know all of them also benefited for the sytem there in. Esp Rodgers and brady

Who has smith worked with at wr? And smith didnt have the sytem foundation and continuity of systems. Dif coaches and cordinaters and dif offenses unlike all the good qb in this league have had.
    Maybe the QB made some of those WR better instead of the other way around not arguing just saying is all.

Well if the qb is veru acurate they can make.it easy for wr to catch the balls.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast