Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,051
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default Game 3 thoughts


    0 Not allowed!
    The Good

    On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

    Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

    The bad

    Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

    Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up


    Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    ​BAN ROY


  2. #81
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Bottom line is, by the time this season over, we'll all have most certainly enjoyed watching this 2013 edition of the Chiefs than the 2012 edition. That's already a given. And the future looks good.

  3. #82
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Mccluster needs the ball in space. With his size you're right he's not going to be breaking many tackles. His best use has been out of the backfield if they could give him 4 to 5 carries out of the backfield a game and spare Charles from getting 20 carries along with the times he gets the ball out of the passing game which has gone up with Reid I think that would be his best use. If they would use him at Wr they need to use him to get some quick screen passes. If he gets the ball in space he can be elusive.
    McClusters best use is as a decoy or a catch in the flat for 4 yards and every once in a while a 10 yard gain. Seeing him the back field getting tackled by the wind for a 1 yard loss needs to be stricken from the game plan forever specially from the start of the game. He gets tackled way to easy to run the ball from scrimmage.

  4. #83
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Going into that 2010 draft, there was no way that you could convince me that McCluster was a better prospect than Golden Tate, who had played under Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame. The Chiefs passed on Tate twice in the 2nd round & I was livid. Tate ran a 4.36 at the Combine compared to Dex's 4.52 and was a much more polished receiver & has become a very good player up in Seattle.

    I'll never understand what Pioli/Haley were thinking with the way they wasted those two 2 round picks the way they did in that 2010 draft.

  5. #84
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 1

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I just hope reid smart enough to realize that mccluster is no good. Hes all hype.

  6. #85
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I just hope reid smart enough to realize that mccluster is no good. Hes all hype.
    I don't believe they Knew that. The game plan against Philly apppeared to be a MCluster focused game plan. They went to McCluster a bunch the first two drives in which failed so they may have realized it in game. But just when everone counts him out, he ends up having a good game with some big gains. But those are on calm days when the wind doesn't blow him over.

  7. #86
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I wanted Tate as well.. I was yelling at tv

  8. #87
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,488
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 842

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Going into that 2010 draft, there was no way that you could convince me that McCluster was a better prospect than Golden Tate, who had played under Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame. The Chiefs passed on Tate twice in the 2nd round & I was livid. Tate ran a 4.36 at the Combine compared to Dex's 4.52 and was a much more polished receiver & has become a very good player up in Seattle.

    I'll never understand what Pioli/Haley were thinking with the way they wasted those two 2 round picks the way they did in that 2010 draft.
    Remember being shocked when the drafted McCluster. We needed so many other things, and after we initially used him as a kickoff/punt returner, thought "..Okay, he's got some potential there." Afterwards they tried to make him a running back (?!?) and a reciever. Neither has panned out, so I say until he starts proving his worth, keep him on kick returns. Another over-hyped player that Pioli gambled on in the draft (Pioli couldn't draft unless there was some sort of risk factor, much like he couldn't sign a free agent if it didn't come from NE.)

  9. #88
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,051
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Remember being shocked when the drafted McCluster. We needed so many other things, and after we initially used him as a kickoff/punt returner, thought "..Okay, he's got some potential there." Afterwards they tried to make him a running back (?!?) and a reciever. Neither has panned out, so I say until he starts proving his worth, keep him on kick returns. Another over-hyped player that Pioli gambled on in the draft (Pioli couldn't draft unless there was some sort of risk factor, much like he couldn't sign a free agent if it didn't come from NE.)
    Mccluster hasn't been bad as a runner. He's averaging 4.5 YPC for his career and he did a realy nice job in 2011 helping to fill in for Charles. Last season he was averaging almost 6 ypc but they only gave him the ball 12times he's more fit for a rb then wr
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #89
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Remember being shocked when the drafted McCluster. We needed so many other things, and after we initially used him as a kickoff/punt returner, thought "..Okay, he's got some potential there." Afterwards they tried to make him a running back (?!?) and a reciever. Neither has panned out, so I say until he starts proving his worth, keep him on kick returns. Another over-hyped player that Pioli gambled on in the draft (Pioli couldn't draft unless there was some sort of risk factor, much like he couldn't sign a free agent if it didn't come from NE.)
    Not only that, but you knew that McCluster & Arenas were never going to be full-time starters and nothing more than situational players that should not have been drafted above the 4th round. So for Pioli to not just spend one 2nd round pick on a situational player, but to do it TWICE in the same draft had me thinking "it's official, the Chiefs have a retard for a GM".

    Dorsey/Reid's first draft in 2013 wasn't spectacular on paper, but the choices made sense & they came away with a handful of promising players. Even the selection of Knile Davis at the end of round 3, even though it was a gamble somewhat, the upside was there and they don't have to rush him, as long as Charles stays healthy. Plus, you don't coach 4.37 speed and the Chiefs did need another speed back. Plus, jumping all over Tyler Bray as soon as they saw he was undrafted & they may have hit the jackpot there and got their QBOTF.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Mccluster hasn't been bad as a runner. He's averaging 4.5 YPC for his career and he did a realy nice job in 2011 helping to fill in for Charles. Last season he was averaging almost 6 ypc but they only gave him the ball 12times he's more fit for a rb then wr

    Agreed. They'd be better served to use McCluster as a part time RB, instead of a full-time slot WR.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-24-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  11. #90
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,488
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 842

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Mccluster hasn't been bad as a runner. He's averaging 4.5 YPC for his career and he did a realy nice job in 2011 helping to fill in for Charles. Last season he was averaging almost 6 ypc but they only gave him the ball 12times he's more fit for a rb then wr
    I'd agree he's far from horrible. McCluster is great as long as he's used in the right way. From what I've seen so far that best way is kick returns. The guy just strikes me as being too small to be an effective RB.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game 2 thoughts
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 12:18 AM
  2. Thoughts on the game
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 01:05 AM
  3. Thoughts about the game
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:19 AM
  4. Just got home from the game -- my thoughts
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
  5. Thoughts on the game
    By huck1974 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •