Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

Default Game 3 thoughts

The Good

On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

The bad

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up

Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Offense struggled, But defense set the game early,

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have said for a while that Smith just is not the guy to lead this team. He is playing like Cassel did two years ago. He has not made the mistakes that Cassel made this year, but unless the defense stays on the plus side of the turnovers, this team is going to have trouble. We need this offense to pick it up, when you get to a team that does not turn over the ball, we are going to be sent reeling.
    Sorry Vern, but no way Cassel converts those third and longs.

The last drive by the Chiefs was a thing of beauty. That is the kind of drive that will win playoff games. When we needed milk the clock, the Chiefs started a 15 play, 75 yard drive from their own 5 yard line that last over 8 minutes. It was a complete back breaker. Even though it didn't end with a TD, I think it was the best drive this year by the Chiefs. The only drive that compares IMO is the final drive from the Dallas game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coach; 09-20-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The last drive by the Chiefs was a thing of beauty. That is the kind of drive that will win playoff games. When we needed milk the clock, the Chiefs started a 15 play, 75 yard drive from their own 5 yard line that last over 8 minutes. It was a complete back breaker. Even though it didn't end with a TD, I think it was the best drive this year by the Chiefs. The only drive that compares IMO is the final drive from the Dallas game.
    THIS!

Would have given ya some rep there Coach but I was told that I have given too much of it and needed to wait 24 hours.

Couldn't agree more with the last drive. We would have scored a TD but didn't need to. This qcomplaining ecause the QB isn't putting up 40 fantasy points a week is straight dumb. Along with the drive how about another game with ZERO turnovers!!! Yes McCoy ran over us but he is arguably one of THE best backs in the league. The defense has 4 pro bowlers and has a real DC. The offense will get there new system, new coach, new qb. 3 and mother effin 0. Not many thought we would be.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The Good

On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

The bad

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up

Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    While Avery deserves a lot of credit, I only want to give him offense player of the game. I believe Justin Houston deserves player of the game. 3.5 sacks a forced fumble, and two fumble recoveries. Two of those sacks game at a critical point just when Philly looked like they were starting to get things together.

Special teams play got to Demps for his 52 yard opening kick off return. You could hear the air in the Eagles fans deflate like a whoopie cushion.

Then just as the defense held the Chiefs DJ and Berry popped that whoopie cushion with a pick 6.

Credit also goes to Chip Kelly for being an idiot and going for 2 like he was playing a highschool team. That killed any momentum the got from that TD.

It won't be long before Philly is hating Chip for being a college coach.

To all of the downers and we may have a few new MMH since he is not around every team has things to work on come on really...the other team gets paid to play too what do you want perfection every game no one can do that...the line needs work yes but I guarantee if that was not a short week the "O" would have been better plus this offense needs the tight end and with their top two out that hurt them...the "D" well they look almost unstoppable to perform like that against the offense on a short week wow!

Now I guarantee no one had 3-0 to this point I bet more like 1-2 so for them to be 3-0 to this point and the fact that they will get better every week that is truly the thing to look forward to with this team...

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post

Now I guarantee no one had 3-0 to this point I bet more like 1-2 so for them to be 3-0 to this point and the fact that they will get better every week that is truly the thing to look forward to with this team...
    You would lose that bet! From the Regular Season Predictions thread:

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    @Jaguars -WinJags look bad
    Cowboys - Win Fans will be in a frenzy for the home opener coming off a win and so much offseason hype
    @Eagles - Win (should be a good game though)

--snip--

I've got 10-6 as high as 11-5 but as low as 6-10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I've posted this before, will post it again...

Chiefs @ Jaguars - There's too many problems in Jacksonville for one offseason to fix. W.
    Cowboys @ Chiefs - Tony Romo is overrated. And KC has a coach that's used to it. W.
    Chiefs @ Eagles - Chip Kelly is no Andy Reid. W.

--Snip--

It's very feasible for us to 11-5 and get a playoff appearance with the schedule, talent & coaching we've got. My gut feeling is that we'll struggle in the first half of the season, but given all the changes going on with teams that normally win against us (for ex. Buffalo) and with the difference Andy Reid will bring to the table, we'll break some trends.
    And I picked us to beat the Jags and Eagles and either the Cowboys or Redskins so I get partial credit!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    --Snip--

I've broken down our opponents into groups.

--Snip--

Against the AFC South:

... If our blocking holds up early the Jags and Titans should be no problem. ...

Against the NFC [East]:
    This is a good division, but not as good as it use to be. The Eagles are a hot mess and can't figure out who to start at QB. Reid will be highly motivated to give them a whipping and should be able to put together a good game plan against a team he is highly familiar with. ... You can never tell what you are going to get with the Cowboys, but you can count on Romo to throw away a few games each year. I think the "Thunderhead" crowd will rattle him and we steal a win at home. I think we beat the Eagles, lose to the Giants and beat either the 'Skins or 'Boys.

--Snip--

Add it up and you get 11-5. Now, every year we lose a couple we should win and/or win one or two we should lose, so I think 9-7 or 10-6 is a bit more realistic. It's really to early to say but I am optimistic about this season.
    Now, none of us were picking the Chiefs to go 16-0 this year but all 3 of us thought that the Chiefs would win their first 3 games. By the way, all 3 of us picked the Chiefs to lose game 4 against the Giants and after seeing them in their first 2 games, I, for one, am rethinking that prediction!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-20-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Road teams after a Sunday playing a Thursday are 24 - 39...so that is a huge win...3rd and 10 from the 5 after McCluster gaff that is clutch...people saying or at least one is Smith playing like Cassel get your head checked.

I don't share the concerns with the offensive line. Alex Smith is holding onto the ball incredibly too long. When receivers aren't getting open, he's not forcing the ball anywhere (hence 0 INTs). The offensive line is holding up pretty well for the most part to give him time to throw, aside from a couple of times last night.

Fisher continues to struggle against the bull rush and looked silly on a couple of swim moves last night. With time (specifically more time on the right side) hopefully he improves. There's some concern there, but it's still very early in his career.

Alex refuses to throw the ball down the field, and that's a tough pill to swallow. That is going to have to change at some point. I saw something that said that he has only attempted 2 passes over 20 yards through 3 games. Bowe isn't getting involved because he is basically a decoy on the outside. Alex rarely even looks in his direction though. Alex has done a good job of taking what the D gives to him and not turning the ball over. Passing is not his strong skill...playing mistake free football is.

The D-line is awesome. Tyson Jackson continues to not be a bust, despite what some might tell you. Justin Houston is a freaking beast (his over/under sack total in Vegas was set to 7.5 before the season...free money). This secondary was outstanding. They play'd press coverage on the outside all game with only one safety at the top. Sean Smith gave Riley Cooper (yeah I know he's not that good) fits and Flowers was outstanding against DeSean Jackson. That was awesome to see Flowers rebound after a tough game against the 2nd best WR in the league, Dez Bryant.

A lot of encouraging things to take from this. The offense HAS to get better at capitalizing on turnovers though.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast