Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Justin Houston break the Sack Record?

Default Can Justin Houston break the Sack Record?

He's got 7.5 sacks in 3 games so far. At that pace he would end the season with a huge 40 sacks.

Now, obviously he is destined to have some not so sack-heavy games, but I still think the record of 22.5 sacks is well within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Color me stupid, but are you saying Houston officially got 4.5 sacks for the game?
    The Box Score on ESPN.com gives Houston 4.5 sacks. The scorekeeper originally failed to count the last sack that caused Vick to fumble and forced him out of the game. It would have been Chiefs ball on downs anyway and I think that created some confusion.

With the correction, he officially has 7.5 sacks for the season.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    The Box Score on ESPN.com gives Houston 4.5 sacks. The scorekeeper originally failed to count the last sack that caused Vick to fumble and forced him out of the game. It would have been Chiefs ball on downs anyway and I think that created some confusion.

With the correction, he officially has 7.5 sacks for the season.
    Thanks!!!!! Hard night at work tonight and I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Justin Houston is bye far the best Pioli ERa pick. One of the best picks this team has made in a long long time
    You will get no arguments from me. I will say though that I think much of Houston's improvement is thanks to our new coaching staff. He always had the talent, but he needed better coaching to live up to his potential. They seem to be doing a great job of getting the very best out of most players. Scary thought is how good some of these players may become if we can keep the same coaching staff for several years.

the recored is held by DT but what year???

Jared Allen came close with 15 i think in 2007

Houstons' on line for 40. but i don't think he'll make it. as stated the opposing O lines will be forced to DT him. the beauty is that free's up Poe, Hali and derrick Johnson. barring injury the D beast is loose.

so for me the season is the O. can they jell, can the O line step up and get it done??? not so far but here's hoping they can put up enough pts for the D to polish it off.

what's the status on our TE injuries?? we need one bad !!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Did anybody notice that tamba left about 3 sacks on the field that game? Houston is a beast but man tamba came close a lot too. I love watching this defense work.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Did anybody notice that tamba left about 3 sacks on the field that game? Houston is a beast but man tamba came close a lot too. I love watching this defense work.
    Yes, I noticed that Tamba nearly had a couple or three more, but Vicks mobility bailed him out. Peyton Manning won't have that luxury & Tamba had given the Donkeys starting LT Clady problems in the past & now the Donks won't even have Clady in these upcoming contests.

Would be nice if he broke it!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Tamba didnt get the sack cuz he went for tge ball to tey and force a turnover. Vick holds the ball in one hand if you watch him play. Tamba went to swipe at the ball but Vick moved just in time and tamba missed.

Any yes its 4.5sacks for houston on vick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12