Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Chiefs in 1st place...but don't try to tell ESPN that!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,504
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

    Default Chiefs in 1st place...but don't try to tell ESPN that!


    0 Not allowed!
    Last time I checked 3-0 was a half game ahead of 2-0. Here is how ESPN lists the teams on their mobile site:



    No respect!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,188
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    What would one expect from ESPN? Even the Donks fans I know admit that at least for now we are in First Place.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Screw ESPN. You have to remember that a former Bronco compadre, Tom Jackson works for them and on NFL Network, Terrell Davis was quoted as saying that the Chiefs would not win another game after their victory over Dallas in week 2.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,134
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Screw ESPN. You have to remember that a former Bronco compadre, Tom Jackson works for them and on NFL Network, Terrell Davis was quoted as saying that the Chiefs would not win another game after their victory over Dallas in week 2.
    And they have Peyton Manning who the media has overhyped for YEARS
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And they have Peyton Manning who the media has overhyped for YEARS
    and will again tomorrow night
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    4,188
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Screw ESPN. You have to remember that a former Bronco compadre, Tom Jackson works for them and on NFL Network, Terrell Davis was quoted as saying that the Chiefs would not win another game after their victory over Dallas in week 2.
    Did Terrell Davis find a strong enough block and tackle to extract his foot from his mouth yet? Wonder how he likes the taste of shoe leather?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Did Terrell Davis find a strong enough block and tackle to extract his foot from his mouth yet? Wonder how he likes the taste of shoe leather?
    Yeah, this was a guy that benefited from his O-Line getting away with massive holding and illegal chop blocks in '97 and '98 and ran for big yardage, but then in '99 when the Donks were no longer allowed to get away with that, Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and his career was over that year. Davis does NOT rank anywhere among the list of all-time great RB's.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,545
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Yeah, this was a guy that benefited from his O-Line getting away with massive holding and illegal chop blocks in '97 and '98 and ran for big yardage, but then in '99 when the Donks were no longer allowed to get away with that, Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and his career was over that year. Davis does NOT rank anywhere among the list of all-time great RB's.
    You forgot to mention leg-whipping, and smearing Jerseys with Vaseline during cold weather games...all courtesy of a line coach by the name of Alex Gibbs.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    You forgot to mention leg-whipping, and smearing Jerseys with Vaseline during cold weather games...all courtesy of a line coach by the name of Alex Gibbs.
    You are right. That was another facet of why Davis ran for big yardage in '97 and '98.

    Alex Gibbs was the Chiefs O-Line coach in '93 and '94 and the Chiefs O-Line never resorted to those type of tactics. Like I said before, the deck was stacked in '97 and '98, to give Elway those two SB's as his going away present because he was never good enough to win one outright on a level playing field.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Last time I checked 3-0 was a half game ahead of 2-0. Here is how ESPN lists the teams on their mobile site:



    No respect!
    the NFL shows it right
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can the chiefs place franchise tag on croyle?
    By whatwasthat? in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM
  2. Ugly Win Keeps the Chiefs in first place.
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  3. Chiefs can avoid last place again
    By IlovetheChiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 01:03 AM
  4. Chiefs are in 1st place
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •