Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 4 Preview - Chiefs vs Giants

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 4 Preview - Chiefs vs Giants

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Pete Prisco also picked the Giants to win and he's almost always wrong. So I feel pretty good about THAT!
    BTW, I just double checked an Petey actually DID pick the Chiefs to win 21-17, but he is the only one of the 8 "experts" on CBSSports.com picking the Giants to cover the (4.5 point) spread!

Now, I'm nervous!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

wow I think this thing was a biased waste of time. So the whole prediction of this game is based on Eric Fisher defending the Giant only real pass rush threat who has .5 sacks this year. While the entire decimated offensive line for the Giants will have no problems containing our league leading SACKING/QB pressuring defense. So far this year 44% of the time when Eli goes back for a pass he is pressured into throwing the ball. Most of the Sacks the Giants have given up this year has been attributed to the RT failing to do his job, which ironically is the position lining up to block the league sack leader Justin Houston with 7.5 sacks.

The whole misdirection game plan was considering the tackles could contain the outside, which has been the Giants biggest problem and that is the Cheifs biggest strength with Tamba and Houston. Given this is in Arrowhead, so the Defense will be more engergized from the fans and the Giants offense will be basically going off the movement of the ball.

While the Giants may win, the gameplan was very biased in my opinion with little research actually done on the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    wow I think this thing was a biased waste of time. So the whole prediction of this game is based on Eric Fisher defending the Giant only real pass rush threat who has .5 sacks this year. While the entire decimated offensive line for the Giants will have no problems containing our league leading SACKING/QB pressuring defense. So far this year 44% of the time when Eli goes back for a pass he is pressured into throwing the ball. Most of the Sacks the Giants have given up this year has been attributed to the RT failing to do his job, which ironically is the position lining up to block the league sack leader Justin Houston with 7.5 sacks.

The whole misdirection game plan was considering the tackles could contain the outside, which has been the Giants biggest problem and that is the Cheifs biggest strength with Tamba and Houston. Given this is in Arrowhead, so the Defense will be more engergized from the fans and the Giants offense will be basically going off the movement of the ball.

While the Giants may win, the gameplan was very biased in my opinion with little research actually done on the Chiefs.
    As for Fisher, I believe he will be lined up more against Justin Tuck, while JPP will be coming at Albert most often. So you make a good point there, plus their entire O-Line has to play well, not just Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    As for Fisher, I believe he will be lined up more against Justin Tuck, while JPP will be coming at Albert most often. So you make a good point there, plus their entire O-Line has to play well, not just Fisher.
    Won't matter if the Chiefs run the ball and I don't mean the foo foo running with Shotgun draws with McCluster to the off tackle. Straight up Power I north and south runs, that we have used the last two weeks to kill the clock and move down the field. Which will then set up the play action or roll outs.

I also fully expect Fisher to get a lot of help either with a TE or FB/HB chipping the End as they dump off in the flat.

49'er fans want Smith back

By Ed Baylor: With the San Francisco 49ers’ second straight lopsided loss last Sunday, 49ers fans are overwhelming saying they want quarterback Alex Smith back and Colin Kaepernick gone. The Niners traded Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs during the off season for a 2nd round in the 2013 NFL draft, and a conditional pick in the 2014 pick.
    Read more at http://www.profootballnews24.com/201...fpPgZp5DB83.99
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    BTW, I just double checked an Petey actually DID pick the Chiefs to win 21-17, but he is the only one of the 8 "experts" on CBSSports.com picking the Giants to cover the (4.5 point) spread!

Now, I'm nervous!
    You know Roy, I just noticed that your sig reads like one of those foreign scam e-mails.

I think you should reveal the author of that quoted reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You know Roy, I just noticed that your sig reads like one of those foreign scam e-mails.

I think you should reveal the author of that quoted reply.
    Nope!

I laughed hysterically when I read that post. I don't know if the writer's auto-correct had gone haywire, or if he was using speech-to-text software, but the end result struck me as really funny. The poster is a long-time respected member of Chiefs Crowd, and I don't want to embarrass him, or make fun of him. I just like the quote.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

With the extra time they had this week compared to the short week last week I think Reid will have the "O" line playing much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    With the extra time they had this week compared to the short week last week I think Reid will have the "O" line playing much better.
    if we do god help those in front of them
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm extremely interested to see how the Giants (and every team the rest of season) plan to block the Chiefs up front. The Giants have done horribly against much lesser defensive fronts. This could be a very fun Sunday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast