Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 4 Preview - Chiefs vs Giants

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 4 Preview - Chiefs vs Giants

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Good analysis, Em.

To me, the real key is the Chiefs O-Line and Defensive front 7 play being the key to victory.

Last week, the Panthers O-Line did a great job against the Giants Defensive front 7, while the Panthers Defensive front obliterated the Giants O-Line. The Chiefs must repeat this.

Good job Em.

One place where I will disagree is that you said the Chiefs have trouble scoring TDs when they get in the red zone. That was true in the last game, but in the first two games, they scored 5 TDs in 5 trips into the red zone. Right now, for the season they are ranked 15th in the NFL at 54.55%. (source) That's not great, but it isn't too bad either.

Keeping in mind that the Giants are giving up 38.3 points per game which is 5 1/2 points more than the second worst defense in the NFL. I don't think the Chiefs will have too much trouble scoring on them.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good analysis, Em.

To me, the real key is the Chiefs O-Line and Defensive front 7 play being the key to victory.
    I couldn't agree with you more. The home crowd needs to get loud (hey, that rhymes!) and the Chiefs front 7 needs to put pressure on Eli and force him into bad throws. It shouldn't be too hard to generate turnovers against them and that will put us in a good position to win.

They are going to put a lot of pressure on Alex as well, so he will have to pick up the blitzes and get the ball out quickly to the open man. Hopefully the open man doesn't drop it! I think it will also help a lot if we get the running game going early. Charles did pretty well last week but didn't get many yards in the first half.

Pete Prisco also picked the Giants to win and he's almost always wrong. So I feel pretty good about THAT!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    ...... it will also help a lot if we get the running game going early. Charles did pretty well last week but didn't get many yards in the first half.....
    BINGO !! It'll really be helpful if they can spring Charles on a long-distance gallop that has become his trademark and they are overdue for that thus far this season.

Keep picking against us you'll learn man, seriously though, solid video Em thanks for the insight.

Great job Em! I'm at odds about the Giants. At the beginning of the season, picked them to win this one, just talent wise think the Chiefs have a ways to go before we're at their level. But the Giants aren't looking like the Giants. Arrowhead could very well be the difference maker.

we need to get on top of these guys early and often. I say we go 4-0
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Nice job Em, as always presentation was spot on and you're analysis was good. I hope you're dead wrong in your prediction.

I agree with Roy regarding our red zone offense, it does appear, to me, to be better than last year.

charles should have 140yds rushing give or take 10 yds. should be close win.

we can't afford to let let some 0 fer anyone come in here and beat us
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast