Thread: Visiting Players, Parking.. etc.

Default Visiting Players, Parking.. etc.

Hey all. New here, don't mean to intrude.

Taking my girlfriend to her first game at Arrowhead (she's a Giants fan, sorry).

Just curious about a couple things:

Any idea when/where is the most likely spot to meet/get an autograph from the visiting team before or after the game? Any idea what time they generally get to the stadium and all that?

With parking, how early do you need to get there? I'm assuming I'll have to pay a pretty penny to park, like any stadium, but I know the Chiefs have great pregame tailgaiting so just wondering if we need to be extra early.

I've been down to games before, but always took a shuttle and such - hotel we're at this time doesn't have one and so we're driving in.

Parking is $27 dollars.

Cannot help you about the visiting team, never cared about them

Get there as early has you can. I think for a noon game the gates open at 8am, Traffic has been horrible for the home games so if you want to be in your seat at kickoff and drink a non $10 beer before the game you need to be there ASAP.

Hope this helps!

Definitely helpful, thank you. And I totally get it about the visiting team :)

But certainly helpful to have something to reference when telling her we should get there early - though, first time seeing her team, probably be like a kid on Christmas anyway.

Believe it or not, even as an opposing fan, I'm excited to be there when the Chiefs are actually good and the crowd presumably is into it. We went down to the Steeler game a couple years back and there was so much black and gold. I'm pretty confident it won't be that way for the Giants game, and that seriously makes it more fun.

Good, I hope you guys have a blast!

Just remember where you are. Be respectful to the Fans and they will in turn be friendly and respectful back and for the most part do their best to convert you to being a Chiefs fan by hoping you enjoy being in the best Stadium in the world and by Stadium I mena the entire experience. Not just the building.

Opposing teams fans, specifically females, don't usually don't get heckled to much unless they are asking for it and that usually ends up being more than a Heckle specially depending on how the game goes. I have seen a female Chiefs fan shut up an opposing teams fan who thought being female gave her more freedom to run her mouth. Pretty sure it was a Raiders fan bragging about Arrowhead being the Raiders Home field.

If you lose expect to be heckled all the way to the car, and the best thing to do is accept it and say good game, you guys are looking great and they won't care to push your buttons anymore any retaliation just shows that they can annoy you. If you win, just walk out happy with your win. Rubbing it in, will find some drunk fan who is not impressed and will start problems.

While Arrowhead is a Midwestern Fan base who is generally pleasant to everyone who is friendly, I have seen more than my share of fights that ended up getting more than the culprits in trouble because there is no tolerance for fights in the stadium and people breaking up fights are seen as the aggressor to some passer by. So if you see a fight and it is NOT your friend, I would suggest moving along before some other fan feels like you are part of the issue.

Oh Yeah, unless you really like 10 dollar beers. I suggest taking Two shots of Teguilla or something on your way in following what ever you may drink during a tailgate. It should wear off around the 3rd qtr, saving you money in the stadium and you should be sober enough to drive. Make sure you have a water or two when you get back to the car because you will be thirsty just form talking and walking back to your car.

The visiting team busses usually show up around 9:30 on the southwest side of the stadium, the side with the giant press box addition, just off gate D there's a spot where you can see the tunnel into the stadium where the busses pull in it will be ropes off but you can usually get a peek at your guys as they exit the bus. No clue what hotel the visitors stay in though.

Good info, thanks guys.

Yeah, pretty much like that everywhere. And I have been to 3 Steeler v Chiefs games down there - so been there for wins and losses. You always hear stories of how bad "_______" fans are at their stadium if you're the visitor, but it's almost always some idiot who wants to run his mouth or go beyond cheering into the taunting territory.

In Denver a few years back, I had to yell about a 12 rows down to tell another Steeler fan to cool off because I didn't want to get my ___ kicked. Some Broncos fan was like, "You're cool man, we'll only kick his as long as you look the other way!" That actually diffused things and everybody got a good laugh and calmed down.

But yeah, we're rabid fans who know how to behave. It's the same everywhere when it comes to that. We're coming down from Omaha - so we always get to hear about Nebraska having such great fans. Which kind of like you described - it's true, except when an opposing fan doesn't know how to be a visiting fan.