Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a trap game???

Default Is this a trap game???

could this be a trap game??, maybe the giants are not as bad as they looked last week. maybe the panthers are better than everyone thought. maybe eli bounces back and has a great day, maybe the CHIEFS get behind early and can't dink and dunk their way back. maybe the CHIEFS defense expect to have a monster day chasing down eli and stuffing the run but because of that don't give 100% and it never happens. maybe the CHIEFS offense expects to run the ball all day against the porous giants D but the giants stiffen and that never happens.

do I think this will happen...NO!! but am I afraid of the possibility, ya sure you betcha!!! although I am also sure that Big Red has been pounding this exact scenario into their heads all week so that it doesn't happen.

who could have predicted before the season started that the CHIEFS would be a 5 point favorite against the NYG??
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

giants arent as bad as they seem , if we dont mind our p's and q's we could get trompt.

Isn't a trap game defined as looking forward to a game the following assuming that the team you play that week is a given. I am pretty certain the Chiefs are looking at this game and not the Titans next week.

The Giants are just like the Chargers. They have the talent on the team to be a play off team but for some reason, starts our slow just as you are starting to say this is a must win game or their coach will be fired, suddenly they are in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Isn't a trap game defined as looking forward to a game the following assuming that the team you play that week is a given. I am pretty certain the Chiefs are looking at this game and not the Titans next week.

The Giants are just like the Chargers. They have the talent on the team to be a play off team but for some reason, starts our slow just as you are starting to say this is a must win game or their coach will be fired, suddenly they are in the playoffs.
    A trap game would be any game where one team is favored to have an easy win via the media and by all accounts of their previous games. in this case you have an undefeated team [CHIEFS] vs a winless team [giants], the leading pass rushing team [CHIEFS] vs one of the worst pass protecting O lines [giants], an accurate QB with a top 10 WR [CHIEFS] vs a terrible secondary [giants], a top 5 running back ]CHIEFS] vs a porous run D [giants]

Bottom line is that nobody -- be it the Chiefs team or their fans or the media -- should be writing the Giants off. They could pull together very quickly and stuff it in everyone's ear.

I do not consider this a trap game, any more, based on what the players and Andy Reid have said. I do expect the Giants to show only their best on Sunday & of course, that could spell nothing but trouble for the Chiefs.

I think Andy Reid is familiar enough with this giants team to know that they arent a team to be overlooked. Im counting on him taking this game very seriously and preparing for it appropriately. There are still quite a few issues the chiefs need to iron out before they can even begin thinking about 'looking ahead' (like peyton has already bypassed looking at the regular season games and is only concerned about the playoffs at this point).

Having said that, i HATE being in a position to play winless teams, the later on in the season the more anxiety that brings.

No!

This is not a trap game.

It could be a trap game under different circumstances. If the Chiefs were a consistent winner over the last few years and thought they could win the game just by showing up, it could be a trap game. But they are not.

If the Giants were a traditionally weak team that usually finishes the season at or near the bottom of their division, it could be a trap game. But they are not.

If Andy Reid had not coached in the NFC East for over a dozen years, facing the Giants twice a year and was not very familiar with them, it could be a trap game. But he has.

If the game was being played in New Jersey and the Chiefs had to deal with a hostile environment, instead of playing in front of a rabidly enthusiastic crowd at Arrowhead, it could be a trap game. But it isn't.

There is no doubt in my mind that Reid will have the Chiefs very prepared for this game. Because of years of mediocrity and on the heels of a 2-14 season, the Chiefs are on a mission to prove they are a good team and gain the respect of the nation. They have the superior talent, home field advantage, a great coach and the winningest QB in the NFL over the last 3 seaons. They will be ready for the Giants.

I'm not guaranteeing a Chiefs victory. Anything can happen and there will probably be some nail-biting moments, but I have a lot of faith in our Chiefs.

They should win.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I agree with most above that the CHIEFS should win, mainly because unlike a typical trap game where a team may ease up subconsciously on an opponent , this CHIEFS team should be revving themselves up to play the giants while they are down. a chance for the D to pin their ears back and chase manning all over the field racking up sacks should have them drooling. on the offense side here is a great opportunity to get the run game untracked since everyone else has run over around and thru this D. not to mention Alex should be ready to toss a big game against a secondary that has given up lots of big plays. let us hope what has been prophesized comes to pass.

Sure, it would be great if the Chiefs were to do to the Giants like what happened in this game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0410240kan.htm

But, nobody should bank on that. I expect a tough ball game.

We just need to keep the losing teams losing amd win all our home games and wwe will make the playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast