Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

Default Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

this way? I hope so.

Forgot to post a poll, shi*.

Mymanhali where the hell you all now? Smith playing great and going deep amd yet again your no where to be seen again. You can just go away as far as anyone cares. Your ao full of geno smith that you cant root ane cheer the chiefs on.

Omg the chiefs are what??????
    With a qb who is a first round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Omg the chiefs are what??????
    With a qb who is a first round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What?? UNDEFEATED 4-0 !! THATS WHAT!!! BOOYA

MMH was not alone in his disdain for Alex Smith. There was that one slimy bag of worms over at kansascity.com who called himself "kcfollower" and said that Alex was only a backup & guaranteed the Chiefs would be picking top 5 in 2014.

Alex Smith is a legit starting QB in the NFL....PERIOD!!

4-0 baby. Defense and alex smith takes all the credit. Where are you mmh. Hope your eating some crow and sticking a sock in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I implore you, please, read your posts before posting, use "Word", don't post from your not-so-smart phone, take an English course...something!
    Oh god relax its a forum not an English essay...and it is OR something...I see you edited your post so you must not have read your post before posting...

So far today Geno Smith three interceptions one fumbal yeah we should have drafted him

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    So far today Geno Smith three interceptions one fumbal yeah we should have drafted him
    Bottom line is that Geno was not seasoned or experienced like Alex & therefore was not the guy to be the Chiefs QB heading into 2013. Plus, they needed to draft a Tackle prospect like Fisher, contrary to popular belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    More picks today then Alex has thrown all year. He's been nothing that Cassel wasn't last year sure he's thrown for yards but he has also turned the ball over A LOT. That would have been the real latral move
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We're 4-0 and people on here are already defensive when someone mentions the possibility that there is still room for improvement?

Come on Chiefs fans, we were 2-14 last season, I'm enjoying/celebrating each win just as much as the rest of you but there is still work to be done. I'm sure the Bronco's forums are still critiquing their team each week and they appear to be the NFL regular season juggernaut so far. Let's keep an open mind even though I'm sure we are all optimistic.

I think MMH brings up a valid concern for us all to think about. Our pass rush looks like it will probably be the best in the NFL which covers up some blips in our secondary. Our defense is producing at a top 5 level so I have no concerns there. If I had to nitpick...I would like to see the secondary improve, but I do believe it will as the newer players (Robinson/Smith) and the veterans implement the (newer) system.

The offense I have concerns for. I will say that I can't judge it because we haven't been in a shootout yet. Smith has been making the correct reads and right decisions. He does have deep ball capabilities but I'm concerned on how he utilizes his #1 WR. I don't have a lot of time as I write this so if I'm wrong I apologize, but I don't believe he has ever produced a 1000 yard WR. He LOVES to throw to his TE. That concerns me because while we are solid (when healthy) with Kelce and Fasano...they aren't on the same level as a Vernon Davis, who has the speed of a WR.

Again, because we haven't been truly tested it could be irrelevant, but my job as a CARING fan (why else would I sign up for these message boards) is that of the playcalling. Charles is being productive but for some reason he appears to be more productive used as a power running back (between the tackles).

SO Matthewschiefs in particular...you have called out Bowe several times. IMO, it doesn't look like he's taking plays off or not trying. Yes, our TE #3 is outproducing him. I'm kind of surprised you are touting that statistic in so many threads. Our #1 and #2 TE are hurt. Smith historically likes to use his TE in all aspects of the passing game. It seems that it's more the playcalling/targets thats taken him out of the games. Some of Bowe's biggest attributes are his size and jumping ability. Smith doesn't like to just "throw it up" because there is coverage. That limits a BIG aspect of Bowe's game. We see Avery excelling because the screen routes are PERFECT for a guy with his speed and YAC. Bowe's game isn't the same. Once we are in a shootout and Bowe starts making mistakes on 15-20 yard pass attempts, then I'll get my pitch fork out for Bowe as well. You might want to go back and look at some of the WR #1 Statistics that were produced under Alex Smith because your expectations get too high.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast