Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

Hybrid View

Default Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

this way? I hope so.

Forgot to post a poll, shi*.

We are 3-0 YES we can contend and currently are.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

In September probably, going forward at this rate doubtful. Our third down efficiency is absolute garbage right now. Statistically our offense is pretty offensive but if you consider this is week four and we have a 3-0 record I wouldn't tell this team they can't. If we can get all of our TE back on the field, remain healthy and catch a few breaks who knows how far we can go.

All three phases must be on point for this team to win, the coaching staff has done an incredible job making that happen so far. I still believe the offense can be easily twice as good as they are if we get Fasano and Kelce back and Avery or anyone steps up to help Bowe out. Philosophically establish the run before the fourth quarter without Smith being the leading rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    In September probably, going forward at this rate doubtful. Our third down efficiency is absolute garbage right now. Statistically our offense is pretty offensive but if you consider this is week four and we have a 3-0 record I wouldn't tell this team they can't. If we can get all of our TE back on the field, remain healthy and catch a few breaks who knows how far we can go.

All three phases must be on point for this team to win, the coaching staff has done an incredible job making that happen so far. I still believe the offense can be easily twice as good as they are if we get Fasano and Kelce back and Avery or anyone steps up to help Bowe out. Philosophically establish the run before the fourth quarter without Smith being the leading rusher.

For the time being our offense is one of the worst in the NFL:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/25/4767278/how-good-is-the-chiefs-offense

I am not complaining about the way Alex has handled the offense. He's extremely conservative and doesn't make mistakes. If our d struggles during a game then that will be the time to worry, but we have not come to those crossroads yet.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 09-28-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    For the time being our offense is one of the worst in the NFL:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/25/4767278/how-good-is-the-chiefs-offense

I am not complaining about the way Alex has handled the offense. He's extremely conservative and doesn't make mistakes. If our d struggles during a game then that will be the time to worry, but we have not come to those crossroads yet.
    If by extremely conservative you mean smart with the ball then yes yes he is.

Smith can and will go downfield you showed video of guys going deep in Reids system a while back so here's one of Smith going deep some. You will note a number of deep throws

Alex Smith puts the ball in smart places. He doesn't even want to give the defender a chance to pick it off. SMART. We saw last years QBS trying to force balls when they get in a panic. Smith won't do that. And all the talk about the lack of deep passes in the video you will note one thing on the deep throws THE WRS WERE OPEN. That's something our WRS have not been doing alot of. A QB can't just say Hey I'm going deep this throw the WRS have to do there job to. That's the scary thing for me right now Our Number 1 WR got outplayed by the 3rd string TE. The WRs outside of Avery in the last game haven't been putting Smith and the offense in a position to be great. Neither has the O line. They just had 10 days to work on things. Lets see how well they spent that time,.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If by extremely conservative you mean smart with the ball then yes yes he is.

Smith can and will go downfield you showed video of guys going deep in Reids system a while back so here's one of Smith going deep some. You will note a number of deep throws

Alex Smith puts the ball in smart places. He doesn't even want to give the defender a chance to pick it off. SMART. We saw last years QBS trying to force balls when they get in a panic. Smith won't do that. And all the talk about the lack of deep passes in the video you will note one thing on the deep throws THE WRS WERE OPEN. That's something our WRS have not been doing alot of. A QB can't just say Hey I'm going deep this throw the WRS have to do there job to. That's the scary thing for me right now Our Number 1 WR got outplayed by the 3rd string TE. The WRs outside of Avery in the last game haven't been putting Smith and the offense in a position to be great. Neither has the O line. They just had 10 days to work on things. Lets see how well they spent that time,.
    Thanks for establishing once and for all that the notion that Alex Smith can't throw the long ball is pure and utter garbage!!!!

He simply doesn't throw the long ball unless he feels confident that he will complete it. He's a QB who takes what is available rather than trying to force things.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.

15/47 on third down simply is not going to get it done long term, Alex is somewhere around 62?% on completion rate and that has to improve as well. The fact Alex protects the living shut out of the ball has been the difference between 1-2 and 3-0. It's just tough to remember the offense is still finding its way while the defense plays at a playoff level. We are greatly exceeding expectations and after last year everybody just hopes the wheels stay on.

Dang just read the report that is scary about our offense but I think the kew factor is the oline. Smith has barely anytime to go deep if he wanted to plus the wr dont get seperation anyways. We need a wr thats scares teams going deep. I think thats more on the wr then the qb.

Mymanhali I wiondered where ylu went. Havent noticed you whining about smith. Not complaining. Just joking with you. But smith has done a great job. I think most of our offense woos have been the lack there of the oline. The times smith jave tried to go deep he had defenders on him immediately amd also no seperation with the wr. I love how he doeant take chances and throw a ball up for grabs deep down the field. He doeant need to unless were behind amd needa big play but also I think whats hurting Iis is the playing calling or lack of power run plays and getting charles involved more but then again when he has called thoae run plays there no holes for charles to run so then again it leads to our shaky oline.

Repeat our season rides on the play of our oline.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Mymanhali I wiondered where ylu went. Havent noticed you whining about smith. Not complaining. Just joking with you. But smith has done a great job. I think most of our offense woos have been the lack there of the oline. The times smith jave tried to go deep he had defenders on him immediately amd also no seperation with the wr. I love how he doeant take chances and throw a ball up for grabs deep down the field. He doeant need to unless were behind amd needa big play but also I think whats hurting Iis is the playing calling or lack of power run plays and getting charles involved more but then again when he has called thoae run plays there no holes for charles to run so then again it leads to our shaky oline.

Repeat our season rides on the play of our oline.
    I implore you, please, read your posts before posting, use "Word", don't post from your not-so-smart phone, take an English course...something!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 09-29-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast