Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

Default Our Defense Looks Elite but Offense Looks Bad, Can We Contend...

this way? I hope so.

Forgot to post a poll, shi*.

Somehow I have a feeling that this thread is going to end up in another Geno slugfest...

Nobody is saying that the Chiefs don't have room for improvement, especially on Offense. But they are going in the right direction. All they have to do is remember where they came from in 2012 and keep working to get better all the way around as the season progresses.

We have still won depending on your view one or two games we "shouldn't" have while the offense without all the starters in place learns to play together. Brighter days are coming, we have the coaching staff to improve finally.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    We have still won depending on your view one or two games we "shouldn't" have while the offense without all the starters in place learns to play together. Brighter days are coming, we have the coaching staff to improve finally.
    Agreed. Don't know what last years theme for the Chiefs was in 2012, but I know what it should be in 2013 -- PAYBACK TIME !!

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    SO Matthewschiefs in particular...you have called out Bowe several times. IMO, it doesn't look like he's taking plays off or not trying. Yes, our TE #3 is outproducing him. I'm kind of surprised you are touting that statistic in so many threads. Our #1 and #2 TE are hurt. Smith historically likes to use his TE in all aspects of the passing game. It seems that it's more the playcalling/targets thats taken him out of the games. Some of Bowe's biggest attributes are his size and jumping ability. Smith doesn't like to just "throw it up" because there is coverage. That limits a BIG aspect of Bowe's game. We see Avery excelling because the screen routes are PERFECT for a guy with his speed and YAC. Bowe's game isn't the same. Once we are in a shootout and Bowe starts making mistakes on 15-20 yard pass attempts, then I'll get my pitch fork out for Bowe as well. You might want to go back and look at some of the WR #1 Statistics that were produced under Alex Smith because your expectations get too high.
    Let me start by saying I;m not forking Bowe out. I don't think he sucks. I think he has the talent to be one of the best WRs in the game.

And that is why I'm so hard on him. I know Alex Likes his Tes and I did expect his numbers to drop some. But then Today I am watching and while the defender is still running after the ball Bowe QUIT he just stopped. I was not the only one to notice. That's not acceptable. There's no excuse for it. He does this coming off a outstanding (sarcasm) 1 catch for 4 yards against a pretty bad Philly defense. And this is something that has been in the past as well. The tampa game last year while the Bucs WRS were running all over our D you didn't know Bowe was in the game. It frustrates me alot knowing what he has done in the past. We have all seen games in which Bowe just TOOK OVER. He imposed his will even against double coverage. Bowe is the most Frustrating player I have ever seen all the talent in the world but then quits on a route and goes games with 1 catch for 4 yards. And that's why I'm so hard on him. I'm hard on him because I have seen how good he can be.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah no one is getting a big head. Were just tired of mymanhali and all he can post is negetive post and dissapears whem its all good. We are rubbing it in his face cuz he love geno smith and cant get over that we didnt draft him.

Bowe did quit on that play amd caused smith an int. Bowe has to fight to the inside. Thats the design of the play. Alex throws it right on targer and bowes job ia to win the inside postion and you can see how he quit and went outside. If he cant beat to the inside he knows the balls coming anyways and needs to atleast be close enough to knock the pass down.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Bowe did quit on that play amd caused smith an int. Bowe has to fight to the inside. Thats the design of the play. Alex throws it right on targer and bowes job ia to win the inside postion and you can see how he quit and went outside. If he cant beat to the inside he knows the balls coming anyways and needs to atleast be close enough to knock the pass down.
    Bowe needs to start making catches that matter. And he definitely needs to get some separation early in games. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad he got his TD catch. But at that point, the game was already won.
    SHUT IT

I wonder if the Chiefs could make a swing at acquiring one of the Browns' WRs that they have on the block. This could allow the Chiefs to move Bowe to that pass catching TE position in this offense until we get some of those guys back. I think Bowe would be a lot more effective inside rather than as an outside receiver. His big body would cause plenty of matchup problems much like TG and Gates do at the TE positions. Using Bowe in the slot more could help get him off, especially if they could find another outside threat.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Now you've done it! Prepare to get Geno Gif'd up.

Remember, I have more.

I am sorry but I had to do it
    t
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast