Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Eric Fisher being evaluated for concussion

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Eric Fisher being evaluated for concussion

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    Chiefs rookie right tackle Eric Fisher is being evaluated for a concussion, Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star and the Fox telecast of Sunday’s Giants-Chiefs game reported. Fisher, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 draft, is questionable to come back into the game, Reid Ferrin of KCChiefs.com reported. Donald Stephenson has replaced… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 442

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It was reported that Fisher did not practice today. Probably won't see him this Sunday. Hope he's back on the field for the home game against the Raiders.
    Me too, in the meantime I hope his backup does a bang up job!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 793

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Me too, in the meantime I hope his backup does a bang up job!
    Kind of does make you glad that they drafted a Tackle in top 3 rounds the past 2 drafts ( Fisher in 2013 and Stephenson in 2012 ). Fisher must have taken a heck of a knock to to his head, although it didn't appear that way when you saw the play.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Kind of does make you glad that they drafted a Tackle in top 3 rounds the past 2 drafts ( Fisher in 2013 and Stephenson in 2012 ). Fisher must have taken a heck of a knock to to his head, although it didn't appear that way when you saw the play.
    Yeah, many Chiefs fans, including myself, have harped on the importance of developing the O-line for several years.

Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, many Chiefs fans, including myself, have harped on the importance of developing the O-line for several years.
    I'm with you there. From 2000 through 2009, the Chiefs only drafted one (1) O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds of the draft ( Albert in 2008 ) & it bit them in the a$$ real hard. That sort of thing won't be happening under Dorsey/Reid, as Dorsey has said that the team will be built from front to back through the draft & I wouldn't be surprised if another O-Lineman is taken with one of the top two pick in next years draft.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with you there. From 2000 through 2009, the Chiefs only drafted one (1) O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds of the draft ( Albert in 2008 ) & it bit them in the a$$ real hard. That sort of thing won't be happening under Dorsey/Reid, as Dorsey has said that the team will be built from front to back through the draft & I wouldn't be surprised if another O-Lineman is taken with one of the top two pick in next years draft.
    That would be music to my ears. It all starts up front.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

1 Not allowed!
    The big men on the lines, offense and defense, are the core players, the rest of the players do not work very well, if the big men fail.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-04-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 802

1 Not allowed!
    I always thought that the last of the great chiefs O-line from that period was John Tait. After that...(cue cricket noises)...Tait left for Chicago, Roaf and Shields retired, Wiegmann went to the Broncos, and only Waters stuck around...And QB after QB, RB after RB got injured and nobody put two and two together...

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I always thought that the last of the great chiefs O-line from that period was John Tait. After that...(cue cricket noises)...Tait left for Chicago, Roaf and Shields retired, Wiegmann went to the Broncos, and only Waters stuck around...And QB after QB, RB after RB got injured and nobody put two and two together...
    Right on. They let the O-Line degenerate into nothing & by 2007, it caught up to them. People could not realize that it was way overdue to start drafting O-Lineman in the early rounds. And Peterson was an idiot for letting Tait get away with no viable replacement for him.

I'm glad that recently they did draft Asamoah, Hudson, Allen, Stephenson, Fisher, and Kush. I hope that trend will continue as well as getting quality Defensive front 7 players ( really like Stephon Tuitt, the D-Lineman from Notre Dame, who looks like a very good fit in Bob Sutton's defense ). Got to stay strong in the trenches.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 355

0 Not allowed!
    No doubt offensive linemen are something Reid and Dorsey will be looking at in the draft, free agency and possible in the trade market. I think our O-line is better than they have played this year, but it remains a spot where I think we are not as strong as we should be.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    It's official. Fisher is out for Sunday's game. Hope he makes it back on the field for the game against the Raiders. Could be because of the league rule regarding concussions that kept Alex Smith out last year. I don't know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast