Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 picks. (I almost forgot.)

Default Week 7 picks. (I almost forgot.)

Ten @ Hou
    Tb @ Det
    Atl @ No
    Bal @ Buf
    Sf @ Nyg
    Ari @ Was
    Ne @ Mia
    Kc @ Oak
    Nyj @ Cin
    Min @ Dal
    Chi @ Phi
    Stl @ Sea
    Pit @ Den
    Ind @ Jac
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I didn't do too well last week but here goes:

TEN @ HOU - TEN - Jacksonville owned Houston at home last week and the Titans are a similarly physical football team. Even though they lost to the Bucs last week, the Titans should have no problem locking down the Texans.

TB @ DET - TB - Detroit is coming off a bye last week after getting thrashed by Washington the week before. Tampa Bay is a more physically dominant, defensive football team that seems to have more of the fundamentals in place. The Lions do not impress me.

ATL @ NO - ATL - Who sucks worse? During the preseason, I would have picked the 'aints in a heartbeat. Now, though, it seems they have more problems than the inept Falcons.

BAL @ BUF - BAL - I don't know how you can have 6 turnovers and not win the game. The Bills suck. Baltimore isn't great either, but as long as they don't try to give the game away, they should beat crappy Buffalo.

SF @ NYG - NYG - The Giants destroyed Atlanta last week (I know, big friggin' deal) but they have gotten their act together on defense and their offense has played well pretty much all season. The 'niners are getting better but they are still under the premise that it takes half a decade or more to build a winning franchise in a league where good teams are crappy and vise versa year to year, with of course the rare exceptions like the Pats. The power-fluctuation created in the NFL by the salary cap kind of forces teams to work with what they have as opposed to taking a number of years to try and stack a roster with pro-bowlers.

ARI @ WAS - WAS - I think the Redskins are fairly impressive this year. They seem to have many of the fundamentals in place while the Cards are in about the same boat as the 'niners except the Cards have been in the boat a lot longer. Plus, Warner and Leinart are both out now so who are they going to use for their 2 QB system this week? Rattay and Hasselbeck? LOL

NE @ MIA - NE - Oh GOD...

KC @ OAK - KC - The newest chapter in one of the NFL's richest rivalries should prove to be an exciting one. These are the best two teams in the AFC west this year, IMO. I think the loser in this one may simply be who gets the most penalties. The Chiefs need to make sure and keep their emotions in check and play smart and tough. Once KC's defense starts beating the faders up, jokeland will probably self-destruct themselves with flags.

NYJ @ CIN - CIN - The Jets just blow all around while Cincy is at least good on offense and should be able to outscore gangrene (I used the real word because the Jets are rotten).

MIN @ DAL - DAL - The Vikings are not a bad team and AP is a hoss but they don't have the passing game to match points with the Cowboys.

CHI @ PHI - PHI - Westbrook is coming back to play against a defense that was gouged by a rookie RB last week and Donovan says he is getting his mobility back. The Bears are in trouble.

STL @ SEA - SEA - Who cares? Neither one of these teams aren't going to do anything this year. Last week, the lambs got smashed by the Ravens and the sea-chickens lost to the 'aints (but not as bad).

PIT @ DEN - PIT - The Steelers are proving themselves to be a force this year while the donkeys are proving themselves to be a farce. Denver had a bye but they may wind up being one of the worst teams in the league this year if they can't get anything going.

IND @ JAC - JAC - Upset time! The Jags a very well-rounded, fundamental football team that likes to beat you up and play physical on both sides of the ball. Manning and company had better be on their toes or that Jag defense will make it a long day for them. A game at home against their division leader is the perfect opportunity for the Jags to step up and make a statement that this division will not be won easily this year. If anybody is going to stand between the Colts and a division title this season, it will be Jacksonville. They could tie the ponies for the division lead if they beat them this week.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll be back next week.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 10-19-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Ah yes...the F0rcE returns...

I'll take

Ten @ Hou...Tenn, I like their defense and running game better, and Houston is still missing key players to injury
    Tb @ Det...TB is playin well right now, Det isn't
    Atl @ No...NO is back on track and the ATL is BAD
    Bal @ Buf...the key to winning on the road, a good defense, the key to winning at home a good team. I'll take Baltimore
    Sf @ Nyg...My heart is in SF, but my team is in NY this week. I'll take my boys on the road!!!
    Ari @ Was...Washington, Tim Rattay...that is all.
    Ne @ Mia...Upset of the year, I don't think so...New England
    Kc @ Oak...KC, see explanation for Baltimore
    Nyj @ Cin...Cincy, both teams D sucks, but Cincy is much better on offense
    Min @ Dal...here's my upset...I'll take AP and the boys from up north...MINN
    Chi @ Phi...Chicago pounds the ball, Philly well their fans pound beer and Santa Claus. I'll take Chicago
    Stl @ Sea...Seattle, no explanation necessary...Rams SUCK (I am enjoying that a little too much this year)
    Pit @ Den...Pittsburgh, no Javon Walker, and soon no Travis Henry...Denver is going to lose a lot this year
    Ind @ Jac...Indy...Jax plays them tough, but I like Manning and co to win 24-12
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I didn't do too well last week but here goes:

TEN @ HOU - TEN - Jacksonville owned Houston at home last week and the Titans are a similarly physical football team. Even though they lost to the Bucs last week, the Titans should have no problem locking down the Texans.

TB @ DET - TB - Detroit is coming off a bye last week after getting thrashed by Washington the week before. Tampa Bay is a more physically dominant, defensive football team that seems to have more of the fundamentals in place. The Lions do not impress me.

ATL @ NO - ATL - Who sucks worse? During the preseason, I would have picked the 'aints in a heartbeat. Now, though, it seems they have more problems than the inept Falcons.

BAL @ BUF - BAL - I don't know how you can have 6 turnovers and not win the game. The Bills suck. Baltimore isn't great either, but as long as they don't try to give the game away, they should beat crappy Buffalo.

SF @ NYG - NYG - The Giants destroyed Atlanta last week (I know, big friggin' deal) but they have gotten their act together on defense and their offense has played well pretty much all season. The 'niners are getting better but they are still under the premise that it takes half a decade or more to build a winning franchise in a league where good teams are crappy and vise versa year to year, with of course the rare exceptions like the Pats. The power-fluctuation created in the NFL by the salary cap kind of forces teams to work with what they have as opposed to taking a number of years to try and stack a roster with pro-bowlers.

ARI @ WAS - WAS - I think the Redskins are fairly impressive this year. They seem to have many of the fundamentals in place while the Cards are in about the same boat as the 'niners except the Cards have been in the boat a lot longer. Plus, Warner and Leinart are both out now so who are they going to use for their 2 QB system this week? Rattay and Hasselbeck? LOL

NE @ MIA - NE - Oh GOD...

KC @ OAK - KC - The newest chapter in one of the NFL's richest rivalries should prove to be an exciting one. These are the best two teams in the AFC west this year, IMO. I think the loser in this one may simply be who gets the most penalties. The Chiefs need to make sure and keep their emotions in check and play smart and tough. Once KC's defense starts beating the faders up, jokeland will probably self-destruct themselves with flags.

NYJ @ CIN - CIN - The Jets just blow all around while Cincy is at least good on offense and should be able to outscore gangrene (I used the real word because the Jets are rotten).

MIN @ DAL - DAL - The Vikings are not a bad team and AP is a hoss but they don't have the passing game to match points with the Cowboys.

CHI @ PHI - PHI - Westbrook is coming back to play against a defense that was gouged by a rookie RB last week and Donovan says he is getting his mobility back. The Bears are in trouble.

STL @ SEA - SEA - Who cares? Neither one of these teams aren't going to do anything this year. Last week, the lambs got smashed by the Ravens and the sea-chickens lost to the 'aints (but not as bad).

PIT @ DEN - PIT - The Steelers are proving themselves to be a force this year while the donkeys are proving themselves to be a farce. Denver had a bye but they may wind up being one of the worst teams in the league this year if they can't get anything going.

IND @ JAC - JAC - Upset time! The Jags a very well-rounded, fundamental football team that likes to beat you up and play physical on both sides of the ball. Manning and company had better be on their toes or that Jag defense will make it a long day for them. A game at home against their division leader is the perfect opportunity for the Jags to step up and make a statement that this division will not be won easily this year. If anybody is going to stand between the Colts and a division title this season, it will be Jacksonville. They could tie the ponies for the division lead if they beat them this week.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll be back next week.
    Will this be the week we get paid out on the unbeaten bets! We will see.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

See? You can't leave us. We need you.

Ten @ Hou Takin' the home team.

Tb @ Det Detorit. Almost half way to ten wins.

Atl @ No I think the Saints may be able to get rollin' now.

Bal @ Buf I'm taking Buffalo here. I like a home-dog, and the Ravens don't look so good.

Sf @ Nyg Giants. The Niners have been looking pretty ill themselves.

Ari @ Was Redskins. Go Saunders!

Ne @ Mia Patriots. Until they show a weakness, I am riding them.

Kc @ Oak Chiefs!!! I believe that Culpepper is garbage and the Chiefs run defense will keep the Raiders quiet.

Nyj @ Cin Cincinnati. I would rather see the Jets win, but They are malfunctioning.

Min @ Dal Cowboys. Need I give a reason?

Chi @ Phi Bears. Unless the real Mcnabb decides to show-up.

Stl @ Sea I can't bring myself to pick the Rams, eventhough I think the Seahawks are vastly underachieving.

Pit @ Den Denver. I know, everyone seems to think that the Steelers are in contention with the Pats and Colts, but not me. Neither of those teams would lode to Arizona.

Ind @ Jac I am taking the upset. Jacksonville looks to able to contend, and they know how to beat the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Bal @ Buf I'm taking Buffalo here. I like a home-dog, and the Ravens don't look so good.

Kc @ Oak Chiefs!!! I believe that Culpepper is garbage and the Chiefs run defense will keep the Raiders quiet.

Nyj @ Cin Cincinnati. I would rather see the Jets win, but They are malfunctioning.

Stl @ Sea I can't bring myself to pick the Rams, eventhough I think the Seahawks are vastly underachieving.

Pit @ Den Denver. I know, everyone seems to think that the Steelers are in contention with the Pats and Colts, but not me. Neither of those teams would lode to Arizona.

Ind @ Jac I am taking the upset. Jacksonville looks to able to contend, and they know how to beat the Colts.
    Everyone is against the Colts this week. Ummm........
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Everyone is against the Colts this week. Ummm........
    Nahh...I took Indy...my upset of the week was MN over Dallas.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Nahh...I took Indy...my upset of the week was MN over Dallas.
    I think Dallas will put a hurting on the Vikes. Dallas has a good run D and A. Peterson will be held to about 100.

Dallas by 7

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I think Dallas will put a hurting on the Vikes. Dallas has a good run D and A. Peterson will be held to about 100.

Dallas by 7
    I don't doubt that AP will get around 100, but I expect CTaylor to put up around 80 also. Figure with MN running that much, it will be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

And they had won, but Rob stinkin' Bironas had to rain on my parade!!! 0-1

Kitna just keeps rollin'. 1-1

Well, it wasn't a great game for the Saint, but... 2-1

The Ravens look even worse now. 3-1

Yeah, I'm not going to say anything that might embarrass anyone here. 4-1

Rootin' for the ex OC. 5-1

Duh!!! 6-1

He did throw us the game winner. 7-1

Sure didn't look like the Bungles wanted any part of this, for awhile. 8-1

Almost lost this one too. 9-1

I didn't see him, did you? 10-1

Those poor Rams. 11-1

Pit @ Den Denver. I know, everyone seems to think that the Steelers are in contention with the Pats and Colts, but not me. Neither of those teams would lose to Arizona.

See? And the Broncos stink. 12-1

We'll have to see what happens tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast