Thread: Favor guys

Default Favor guys

First off, I'm a long time Eagles fan. Been following the Eagles when Bill Bergy was playing.

Second off, other than my Eagles, the Chiefs have become my second favorite team due to Andy R.

Actually, truth be told, when the Cheifs played the Eagles recently, I was actually rooting for Andy to win.

Eagles fans can be rough. I was even at the Vet when the snowballs were thrown.

I've actually been reading this forum for some time since AR came over to the Chiefs.

I'm going to say something, and please don't flame me. Don't forget where your team was at.

Funny, Andy had one bad year, and really had some player issues of no control of his own, and Philly let him go for a bad year and NEVER winning the superbowl. I remember when the Eagles were ALWAYS at the bottom of the conference, and when Andy came it, he finally turned the program around to consistant winner. Fact is, the Eagles were so much use to winning and going to playoff games, that one bad year now turned into something that was unacceptable.

You guys are now 4-0.

Where were you at last year? Yes, the Chiefs maay not be perfect, but they're learning how to win again. Don't forget where you came from.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but from some of what I've seen on the forum, seems the some of the Chiefs crowd are quickly turning into Eagles fans when they started to win and quickly forgetting about when they use to lose.

More importantly, Andy and his wife made many contributions to the Philly area outside of football, and I can't help but think that they will be doing the same in the KC area, if they haven't already.

You guys have a good head coach, but more important, a better man. Don't lose sight of that.

And for the record, the first score I look for now a days is to see what KC did, not because of your winning season, but because of Andy.

Remember, more important things in life than just football.

I would love to see Andy win the super bowl for the Cheifs though. I still have my Phillies '80 pennant, so even if the Eagles never win it, I still remember Tim McGraw jumping up and down :)
    Last edited by Joe; 09-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.

I was thrilled when Philly let Reid go and had a prayer come true when we got him. He is a first class coach. I like our chances of going to the playoffs this year, but whatever happens, I can't help but think we'll be even better next year. We've been a long-suffering bunch here, so this is like Christmas in September.

Welcome and thanks for the kind words and I agree with you 100%. Sometimes the Chiefs fans can be tough on the team and seem like we are never satisfied, I can find no bad words to say about today's game, sure they were not perfect but they were 200% better than last year and that is a testament to Andy and his staff, he has put a great staff together. They have the same core of players that went 2-14 last year who played without any heart and they have already won twice as many games.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    We've been a long-suffering bunch here, so this is like Christmas in September.
    Just seems that some people want to nit pick about their presents

Perhaps as I've gotten older, although it's fun to sit and watch a game, have come to the conclusion that there are more important things to lose my sanity over.

Hello Joe,

You 100% correct about Chiefs fans should be remembering where the Chiefs came from in 2012 and I've warned many of them not to get fat-headed about success, as on any given Sunday those fat heads can get deflated very quickly.

The best perspective is to enjoy the success when it happens, but don't get fat-headed about it and don't make predictions. This team needs to just take them down one game at a time.

Joe.....

Andy Reid is the best thing that has happened to our Chiefs in a LONG time! He has done amazing things with this team....not just with the rookies and Free Agents, but also with the players we already had. Reid is getting 100000000% more out of the 2012 players than Pioli, RC, Haley etc.

Yes, we are going to lose some games this year. And I and others will cuss Reid out a time or two before the season is out. But Reid is going to get us some playoff wins and probably a trip to the Superbowl eventually. I thank your Iggles for letting us have him!

Joe - Welcome to the forum. It's cool about being a Eagles fan here, you're not the first one since Andy Reid came to KC. As Chiefs fans we'll take support any way we can get it.

We can definitely understand how you feel about losing a great head coach only to watch them play for another team. In the nineties we had Schottenheimer, didn't appreciate him until he was gone. Then we watched him go to the Chargers, lead them to a 14-2 record only to get fired for stupid front office politics.