Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 4.....How is OUR Smith doing?

Default Game 4.....How is OUR Smith doing?

Been a lot of talk about Alex Smith here on Chiefscrowd since we traded for him.

Some say we paid WAAAY too much for him.

Some say he is Matt Cassel 1.2

Some say he is a "good game manager".

But I think it is only right that until we finally reach a consensus about him that we disect his play in every game until we reach an overwhelming conclusion.

So here are my thoughts after game 4.......

24-41. 58.54%

Net passing yards........288

Yards per attempt..........7.02

Yards per completion.........12

Interceptions....................2....(One was a fluke bounce off DB's foot).

Sacked........................1......0 yards lost.

Touchdowns...................3

Cumulative for the season.......

88-146. 60.3%

Net passing yards........957

Yards per attempt..........6.55

Yards per completion.........10.87

Interceptions....................2....(One was a fluke bounce off DB's foot).

Sacked........................11......51 yards lost.

Touchdowns...................7

Them's the numbers. Here's what I think.......

Alex Smith is a good QB. Give him a great team and you will go a long way. And he had an exceptional day today. I mean really....41 passes and he only got sacked once? That's GREAT! Yes, he had 2 INTs, but one of them was in no way his fault. Just a fluke series of bounces.

And yet again he was a true CLUTCH quarterback. When the game was on the line, yet again he put together a long, time consuming drive plus another 5 minute drive to lock the game up.

He may not be a star. Maybe he is or can be. Time will tell. But IMO today was his best performance ever as a Chief. He threw mostly short but also got some important completions downfield. Maybe he won't win you a whole lot of games on his own but he won't lose you any games. And I am no longer convinced he can't win games on his own. All he seems to need is 1 receiver with a hot hand and he just gets us ahead and puts the game away when it needs doing. That is starting to smell a lot like a GREAT quarterback

So what does everybody else think????

If the teams we've played keep losing we are going to have another 2010 arguement on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    looked good to me yesterday. maybe he's clickin' ???
    I certainly think he is getting his balance, but I don't think we have seen the best of Alex Smith yet. Better days to come I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If the teams we've played keep losing we are going to have another 2010 arguement on our hands.
    Perhaps so, but this years squad is not a Cinderella team like the 2010 squad was. Plus, the schedule is going to get tougher from here on out. In 2010, the Chiefs did not beat a single team that came into those games with a .500 record or better. This year, the Cowboys were 1-0, and the Eagles 1-1, coming into those games. Titans are 3-1 heading into this Sundays game & the Chiefs will get severely tested in this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The teams we are playing certainly are losing. The Cowgirls lead the NFC East at 2-2. But we must take into account that a lot of the losses the NFC East are taking are because they are playing the AFC West. As a division, the NFC East has lost 12 games (Giants 4; Dallas 2; Washington 3; Philly 3). Of those 11 losses, 7 (58.3%) have been at the hands of the AFC West.

The AFC West is turning out to be a stronger division that anyone expected.

Besides....should the Chiefs make it to the playoffs this year the only people saying it is because we played an easy schedule against crappy teams will be MMO/MMH.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.

or just stronger than the NFC East, chargers only win is against nfc east, and oaklands only win came from Jacksonville.

True. But y'know......we're winning and I'm enjoying it! I don't care if we win "pretty" or "ugly", I don't care if we win big or small, I don't care if we win by offense, defense or special teams, I don't care if we win by dink and dunk or by the long ball, I don't care if we win with 10 field goals every game, I don't care if we win because of 5 pic-6s....all I care about is winning!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Smith likes to use his TE's, lets give him an early Christmas present and get him some healthy TE's

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Smith likes to use his TE's, lets give him an early Christmas present and get him some healthy TE's
    If only there was a REALLY good TE who played on a team that was like, oh, I don't know... 1-3 AND had ties to the Kansas City Chiefs...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If only there was a REALLY good TE who played on a team that was like, oh, I don't know... 1-3 AND had ties to the Kansas City Chiefs...
    What a thought! I wonder if he would come back? He's not going to get that ring he wanted with Atlanta and I doubt he'd get it here this year, but maybe....just maybe......Sure would be nice to see him retire as a Chief....where he belongs.

Alex Smith is everything the Chiefs needed. He's careful with the ball he makes good throws and when things are not going well and he is getting rushed on every drop back he doesn't panic and try to throw the ball somewhere he shouldn't. He is just what the doctor ordered. That's why I was so against drafting a QB in a weak QB class. Rookie QB for the most part do one thing Turn the ball over. This wasn't a team that needed a full rebuild. It needed a actual coaching staff and a good solid QB. That's what they went out and got. And they are winning because of it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast