Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Titans/Jets and the Chiefs

Default Titans/Jets and the Chiefs

I have the ticket. I usually record the game of the Chiefs' next week's opponent. This week's game was obviously the Titans/Jets game. I couldn't wait to watch this game tonight (for obvious reasons).

Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge that I was wrong about Geno Smith. Geno is not a younger version of Alex Smith as I had argued earlier this spring based off career numbers... Geno is much worse than that. The Titans do NOT have much of a pass rush but Geno just could not make any good decisions and their O-line made the Titans look MUCH better than they actually are. 4 turnovers (almost 4 more) and sacked 5x (one sack SHOULD'VE been a safety after retreating 15 yards and another was turned into a strip 6). Again, the Titans are NOT a good pass rushing team.

No, Geno is not a younger version of Alex... he's some kind of hybrid of Vince Young, Matt Cassel, and Mark Sanchez. Geno finished the day with a 7.8 QBR and owns a 65 QBR (before today) on the season. The only 2 QBs worse than him this year no longer have a job (Freeman/Weeden). He holds the 2nd worst comp % (before today), wedged right between Freeman and Weeden. BUT his yards per attempt rank 9th in the league at 7.85 which, I guess means he's better than Tom Brady who sits worst in the league at 5.5... well, never mind because he also leads the league in INTs (8)... and that's also not including multiple fumbles.

It really is too bad that Tim Tebow isn't still around... at least Geno would have some competetion for worst player in the league.

"... and that's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Now, about the Titans. There is NOTHING about the Tennessee Titans that strikes fear in their opponent's heart. Locker wasn't all that great to begin with, but now they've lost their starting QB. Shut down Chris Johnson and force Ryan Fitzpatrick to beat you. The Titans, much like the Chiefs have feasted on their turnover ratio. They have yet to turn the ball over this season. Pretty impressive 4 games in. Stats aren't updated yet, but I think the Chiefs are sitting at +10 in TO dif. while the Titans are at +9. They've beaten 0-4 Pittsburgh (-11), lost in overtime to Houston (-4), Beat SD (-3), and beat the Jets (-10). The Chiefs have beaten Jax (-4), Dallas (+3), Philly (-2), and NYG (-9). Both teams are practically winning the same way.

However, there are a few differences to these two teams. Tennessee has the 29th ranked offense that will have to square off against a Chiefs defense that is a top 5 unit that is only giving up 10pts/gm and leading the league in sacks... and they'll have to do it with their backup QB.

That's not to say the Titans' defense is horrible. But it's not like they were playing elite offenses like those in the NFC East, either. Todd Haley in Pittsburgh... we know exactly what kind of offense THAT is (28th in yards, 30th in pts). They lost to the only "good" offense they played (Houston 10th yards/16th pts). San Diego is mid pack and NYJ is bottom 3rd. Counter that with Chiefs opponents like Philly who is 2nd in yards and 5th in points or Dallas who is top 10 in both categories as well, and you see a Chiefs defense that has been tested. The Giants are bottom quarter and the Jags are dead last, so take that as you will.

The Chiefs offense is right at league average after the Giants game. They're not going to blow out the the Titan's defense. You can expect a similar performance to what we saw against Dallas. The key to this game is going to be turnovers. I know that's a pretty big key to every game, but for the Chiefs and Titans, it's even more important because that is how both teams have been winning. Can the Titans' offense with back QB Fitzpatrick score enough on a top ranked Chiefs defense if the Chiefs aren't turning the ball over? We've seen the Chiefs score against a good Dallas defense a couple times. The Giants don't have a horrible defensive unit either. The Jets have a really good defense but Geno Smith kept putting them in bad situations and made the game look much worse than it actually was for the Jets defense. Reminded me a lot of what we saw from the Chiefs last season. QB just couldn't stop turning the ball over and just killed the defense. Houston has a great defense as well and the Titans took them to overtime. The Titans have the 29th ranked offense, but they can move and score when they get an opportunity. A big question for them is who's going to be their QB?

Next Sunday, you're going to see a league average Chiefs offense against a top 10 Tennessee defense. You're also going to see a league bottom third Tennessee offense with a new QB against a top 3 Chiefs defense. Again, nothing on that Titans team strikes fear in your heart. Stop Chris Johnson on offense and know where the best safety in the league is on their defense and you can pretty much dictate what you want to do. Going into next Sunday, I EXPECT the Chiefs to win. I was more worried about the last 3 games than I am about the Titans. I don't see Alex Smith and this offense giving the Titans turnovers to prey on. But I also don't see the Titans giving the Chiefs any gifts either. So when you match up offenses v. defenses, I think the Chiefs have a very large advantage.

Take a look at that schedule, Chiefs fans. Things don't get any easier the rest of the season. Oakland is playing well, Houston is always good. Cleveland is suddenly worth noticing. Playing in Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. Then Denver, SD, Denver isn't something to look forward to. As good as things may look right now, don't expect the Chiefs to just roll through their schedule and not have any issues. The offense is looking better each week and if the defense can stay healthy, things could get very exciting, but the Chiefs play good teams the rest of the season. Make no mistake.
    Last edited by texaschief; 09-30-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    All right....I AM DONE WITH THIS SHI*!!!!!!!!!!!!! I come here to have fun, not to be aggravated by a damned troll. I tried to give the guy a chance after his "apology thread" but I AM SO FUC*ING DONE WITH THIS TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! If admin bans this hideous troll then someone please send me an email at krislittledale@comcast.net and I'll be back. But as long as MMO/MMH is allowed on this board then I am all done.

Love y'all, but I can't take this asshat's shi* any more.

ctchiefsfan signing off.
    ctc - Don't let a dipsmack like HisManGeno scare you off this, or any forum. You're just as entitled to stating your opinion as he is to his.

It shouldn't be that way, this is a forum for chief fans, MMH isn't one of us. I banned him, let's all do the same so that his words don't even get noticed and he leaves

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I am in my first year of law school and I read outside of class about 6-8 hours every day so time is short. I might not even be able to watch the game on Sunday.
    Law school, huh? Looks like all you're learning to do is fabricate lies to support your arguments. You've done a pretty pathetic job of supporting your case, here. I hope you aren't planning on being a lawyer, because I pity any poor chap that has the misfortune of having you represent him.

I would suggest you take up another trade such as Computer science or some type of mechanical or electronic engineering.

And if you can't watch the Chiefs games, then don't come here commenting and fabricating lies in a fool-hearted effort to try to convince people that you know what you are talking about ( especially regarding Alex Smith and Eric Fisher ), when it's blatantly obvious you don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Law school, huh? Looks like all you're learning to do is fabricate lies to support your arguments. You've done a pretty pathetic job of supporting your case, here. I hope you aren't planning on being a lawyer, because I pity any poor chap that has the misfortune of having you represent him.

I would suggest you take up another trade such as Computer science or some type of mechanical or electronic engineering.

And if you can't watch the Chiefs games, then don't come here commenting and fabricating lies in a fool-hearted effort to try to convince people that you know what you are talking about ( especially regarding Alex Smith and Eric Fisher ), when it's blatantly obvious you don't have a clue.
    100% agree.

You seem to take all your advice from pff about rankings. If your.mom didnt twll you not to believe everything your read then law school should atleast. You said your self stephonson looked good and this is his second year. Just think how much fisher will be improved by year two. Od say at the minimum you have to give an olinemam atleast 8 starts to make a judgement before they start to turn the corner and yes I heard john dorsey say that.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    100% agree.

You seem to take all your advice from pff about rankings. If your.mom didnt twll you not to believe everything your read then law school should atleast. You said your self stephonson looked good and this is his second year. Just think how much fisher will be improved by year two. Od say at the minimum you have to give an olinemam atleast 8 starts to make a judgement before they start to turn the corner and yes I heard john dorsey say that.
    Precisely, as I can't help but wonder what will happen with Fisher when he gets a full off-season program with the Chiefs and perhaps puts 10 more lbs. to his 6-7 frame and probably takes over his natural LT position.

And those PFF stats are totally worthless regarding O-Lineman. I can't verify this, but I've heard that PFF doesn't include 'hits on the QB' and even if they do, their ratings do NOT supercede the overhead camera provided by NFL Game Rewind.

Having watched Fisher, I would like to see him improve on shutting off the inside charge and bull rushes on opposing Defenders & forcing Defenders to play to his strengths, which is locking onto Defenders and riding them on by the QB in the passing pocket. If Fisher can always force Defenders to the outside and try to go around him, then it's going to be very difficult for opponents to get by him & get to Alex Smith.

Assuming Fisher returns for the Oakland game, he's going to get severely tested against the Raiders, Texans, Browns, and Bills prior to the bye week. I'm looking forward to seeing him meet that challenge.

It's been 21 hrs... what's the deal? Not as confident as you thought you were in your preseason prognostications?

Ok. This has obviously went from a guy starting. Debates to a cancer in this crowd. Can you please just ban him forever?

On a happy note my sons varsity Jr high team went undefeated and won championship game 50-8.. booya!
    Also he was invited to try out for the AZ FBU national tournament team. It's tomorrow.. wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Ok. This has obviously went from a guy starting. Debates to a cancer in this crowd. Can you please just ban him forever?

On a happy note my sons varsity Jr high team went undefeated and won championship game 50-8.. booya!
    Also he was invited to try out for the AZ FBU national tournament team. It's tomorrow.. wish him luck.
    Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post

Good luck with your son.

Regarding MMH/MMO I don't particularly agree with his point of view either, but it is just that - his point of view. He has not, in so much as the letter of board rules, been in violation thereof that I have seen, if you have evidence to the contrary then please PM me. He has been a topic of discussion with the sites leadership and is on our radar, that is all I'll say about that. My advice would be to simply ignore him, for the time being, and do not engage him further.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Good luck with your son.

Regarding MMH/MMO I don't particularly agree with his point of view either, but it is just that - his point of view. He has not, in so much as the letter of board rules, been in violation thereof that I have seen, if you have evidence to the contrary then please PM me. He has been a topic of discussion with the sites leadership and is on our radar, that is all I'll say about that. My advice would be to simply ignore him, for the time being, and do not engage him further.

Is there such a thing as a digital rubber stamp? Because this has been the "company line" for almost a year now. You would think that after so many complaints and loss of participation by some of the longer-tenured members of this site, y'all would make a move to preserve the forums for what they were meant to be: a place where Chiefs FANS can CHEER ON their team. I don't think it's too much to expect "fans" to be excited about their team's performance, ESPECIALLY when that team is sitting at 4-0. This persistent negativity while the team is undefeated is ridiculous. His positions hold ZERO merit and have recently been propped up by straight out lies. Simply putting this character on the "ignore" list would allow visiting members to think he is representative of our forum when in actuallity, he is a cancer. Watching him to spew his hate for this team is not something I or some of the other members on this forum are going to allow to go unchecked.

It's pretty sad when the members have more respect and pride for this website and forum than the actual owners and administration.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast