Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Titans/Jets and the Chiefs

Default Titans/Jets and the Chiefs

I have the ticket. I usually record the game of the Chiefs' next week's opponent. This week's game was obviously the Titans/Jets game. I couldn't wait to watch this game tonight (for obvious reasons).

Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge that I was wrong about Geno Smith. Geno is not a younger version of Alex Smith as I had argued earlier this spring based off career numbers... Geno is much worse than that. The Titans do NOT have much of a pass rush but Geno just could not make any good decisions and their O-line made the Titans look MUCH better than they actually are. 4 turnovers (almost 4 more) and sacked 5x (one sack SHOULD'VE been a safety after retreating 15 yards and another was turned into a strip 6). Again, the Titans are NOT a good pass rushing team.

No, Geno is not a younger version of Alex... he's some kind of hybrid of Vince Young, Matt Cassel, and Mark Sanchez. Geno finished the day with a 7.8 QBR and owns a 65 QBR (before today) on the season. The only 2 QBs worse than him this year no longer have a job (Freeman/Weeden). He holds the 2nd worst comp % (before today), wedged right between Freeman and Weeden. BUT his yards per attempt rank 9th in the league at 7.85 which, I guess means he's better than Tom Brady who sits worst in the league at 5.5... well, never mind because he also leads the league in INTs (8)... and that's also not including multiple fumbles.

It really is too bad that Tim Tebow isn't still around... at least Geno would have some competetion for worst player in the league.

"... and that's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Now, about the Titans. There is NOTHING about the Tennessee Titans that strikes fear in their opponent's heart. Locker wasn't all that great to begin with, but now they've lost their starting QB. Shut down Chris Johnson and force Ryan Fitzpatrick to beat you. The Titans, much like the Chiefs have feasted on their turnover ratio. They have yet to turn the ball over this season. Pretty impressive 4 games in. Stats aren't updated yet, but I think the Chiefs are sitting at +10 in TO dif. while the Titans are at +9. They've beaten 0-4 Pittsburgh (-11), lost in overtime to Houston (-4), Beat SD (-3), and beat the Jets (-10). The Chiefs have beaten Jax (-4), Dallas (+3), Philly (-2), and NYG (-9). Both teams are practically winning the same way.

However, there are a few differences to these two teams. Tennessee has the 29th ranked offense that will have to square off against a Chiefs defense that is a top 5 unit that is only giving up 10pts/gm and leading the league in sacks... and they'll have to do it with their backup QB.

That's not to say the Titans' defense is horrible. But it's not like they were playing elite offenses like those in the NFC East, either. Todd Haley in Pittsburgh... we know exactly what kind of offense THAT is (28th in yards, 30th in pts). They lost to the only "good" offense they played (Houston 10th yards/16th pts). San Diego is mid pack and NYJ is bottom 3rd. Counter that with Chiefs opponents like Philly who is 2nd in yards and 5th in points or Dallas who is top 10 in both categories as well, and you see a Chiefs defense that has been tested. The Giants are bottom quarter and the Jags are dead last, so take that as you will.

The Chiefs offense is right at league average after the Giants game. They're not going to blow out the the Titan's defense. You can expect a similar performance to what we saw against Dallas. The key to this game is going to be turnovers. I know that's a pretty big key to every game, but for the Chiefs and Titans, it's even more important because that is how both teams have been winning. Can the Titans' offense with back QB Fitzpatrick score enough on a top ranked Chiefs defense if the Chiefs aren't turning the ball over? We've seen the Chiefs score against a good Dallas defense a couple times. The Giants don't have a horrible defensive unit either. The Jets have a really good defense but Geno Smith kept putting them in bad situations and made the game look much worse than it actually was for the Jets defense. Reminded me a lot of what we saw from the Chiefs last season. QB just couldn't stop turning the ball over and just killed the defense. Houston has a great defense as well and the Titans took them to overtime. The Titans have the 29th ranked offense, but they can move and score when they get an opportunity. A big question for them is who's going to be their QB?

Next Sunday, you're going to see a league average Chiefs offense against a top 10 Tennessee defense. You're also going to see a league bottom third Tennessee offense with a new QB against a top 3 Chiefs defense. Again, nothing on that Titans team strikes fear in your heart. Stop Chris Johnson on offense and know where the best safety in the league is on their defense and you can pretty much dictate what you want to do. Going into next Sunday, I EXPECT the Chiefs to win. I was more worried about the last 3 games than I am about the Titans. I don't see Alex Smith and this offense giving the Titans turnovers to prey on. But I also don't see the Titans giving the Chiefs any gifts either. So when you match up offenses v. defenses, I think the Chiefs have a very large advantage.

Take a look at that schedule, Chiefs fans. Things don't get any easier the rest of the season. Oakland is playing well, Houston is always good. Cleveland is suddenly worth noticing. Playing in Buffalo always sucks for the Chiefs. Then Denver, SD, Denver isn't something to look forward to. As good as things may look right now, don't expect the Chiefs to just roll through their schedule and not have any issues. The offense is looking better each week and if the defense can stay healthy, things could get very exciting, but the Chiefs play good teams the rest of the season. Make no mistake.
    Last edited by texaschief; 09-30-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And this is sooooooooooo much better

There both ROOKIES of course there going to struggle Fisher is not only a rookie he is adjusting to a slight change in position from lT to RT

But the thing is Fisher has not had one good game this year. NOT ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And Geno hasn't gone one game without turning the ball over NOT ONE

You bash one for playing like a rookie and praise the other there BOTH rookies TONS of rookies struggle in there first year
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

And Geno hasn't gone one game without turning the ball over NOT ONE

You bash one for playing like a rookie and praise the other there BOTH rookies TONS of rookies struggle in there first year

But he's had at the very least 2 solid games. Fisher has played poorly in every game this season, he's even out with another "injury" this weekend.

Incorrect. Fisher was having a good game against the Giants prior to leaving the field and had a good game against the Jags. There were struggles in the 1st half of the Philly game followed by a good 2nd half. Dallas game wasn't a bad game by any means either.

Fisher is never going to have a good game in your eyes because he wasn't YOUR choice to be the #1 pick.

So, if the Chiefs had drafted Geno, they'd have a struggling rookie QB. Big Deal.

They instead traded for Alex Smith giving them a seasoned quality QB, drafted a O-Lineman with huge upside, and landed their QBOTF when he went undrafted. That's a LOT better. <<<--- You seem to have trouble figuring that out & now you know.

But he's had at the very least 2 solid games. Fisher has played poorly in every game this season, he's even out with another "injury" this weekend.
    Total BS. Geno had 1 solid game against Buffalo & that's it. Fisher did not play poorly against the Giants or Jags. Fisher had a bad 1st half against Philly, followed by a good 2nd half. There were some struggles in the Dallas game, but I could not rate his overall performance as poor.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-04-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Against crappy teams

You threw out Alex Smith's debut when he took this team right down the field and scored a TD in his only drive because it was against the Saints now you want to Praise a guy for doing something against worse defense? Double standard much?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Against crappy teams

You threw out Alex Smith's debut when he took this team right down the field and scored a TD in his only drive because it was against the Saints now you want to Praise a guy for doing something against worse defense? Double standard much?

No because he is a rookie. If Geno Smith was a 5 year veteran doing that it would be a problem.

Matt I want the new Xbox for the voice commands it delivers, I dont even care about the games. I'm just curious, is your store doing pre orders or is it first come first serve?

So let me get this straight:

Geno Smith isn't as good as Alex Smith in his rookie year who threw for 1 td and 11 int, 2-6 in games that he played in and in 3 of his 7 starts he didn't even throw for 100 yards.

Geno has looked good in 2 games, and he has looked bad in 2 games. And like it or not, still looks like a better product than our number 1 pick who has been absolutely DESTROYED this year.

Geno>Fisher
    Yeah, you got it straight. Right now Alex Smith is 4-0 with the KC Chiefs, has thrown only two interceptions, runs multiple formations with ease, and his yardage totals have gone up with each game. He's also connecting better with his recievers which tells me it won't be long before he starts taking more shots downfield.

Geno looks exactly like what he is. A rookie QB that got drafted by an NFL team whose coaching staff has a history of not developing QB's. Near as I can tell Rex Ryan has been a career killer for QB's. Don't take my word for it either, look what happened to Mark Sanchez. They probably would've been better off this season had they signed a veteran qb (for ex. Fitzpatrick) but they didn't. They also had a shot to draft a QB (Nassib) that was familiar with an opponents (The Bills) new coach, but didn't. Instead they went with the flashiest QB this (sucky) qb draft class had to offer, your man Geno.

Geno could be all you say he is, but until he gets a coaching staff around him that can develop his strengths, or build an O-line that cares, get ready for more Geno follies show highlights.

No because he is a rookie. If Geno Smith was a 5 year veteran doing that it would be a problem.

Matt I want the new Xbox for the voice commands it delivers, I dont even care about the games. I'm just curious, is your store doing pre orders or is it first come first serve?
    Strange you hold Fisher to a 5 year vereran standard even though he's a rookie I know I know qb has a bigger learning curve but Tackles also have one and Fisher is changing postitions Geno didn't Why jump on one rookie while letting the other be a rookie?

And LOL we're a VERY SMALL TOWN store. We are in a town of about 5,000 people though we do enough business to stay in business we're not gamestop we have a notebook of some regulars to preorder some reservers that's about all we can do. And we won't even get any in until a few weeks after launch day. Microsoft won't sell directly to us so we have to go through 3rd party folks and they have us very low on there list of priorities

Strange you hold Fisher to a 5 year vereran standard even though he's a rookie I know I know qb has a bigger learning curve but Tackles also have one and Fisher is changing postitions Geno didn't Why jump on one rookie while letting the other be a rookie?

And LOL we're a VERY SMALL TOWN store. We are in a town of about 5,000 people though we do enough business to stay in business we're not gamestop we have a notebook of some regulars to preorder some reservers that's about all we can do. And we won't even get any in until a few weeks after launch day. Microsoft won't sell directly to us so we have to go through 3rd party folks and they have us very low on there list of priorities

Fisher has shown absolutely no promise. He hasn't had one good game. If Geno Smith sucked in all four games this year I would agree that he shouldn't even be out there.

Hmmm. Perhaps if you do have some we can work out a deal. I will even admit that Alex Smith is the greatest quarterback of all time.

Fisher has shown absolutely no promise. He hasn't had one good game. If Geno Smith sucked in all four games this year I would agree that he shouldn't even be out there.

Hmmm. Perhaps if you do have some we can work out a deal. I will even admit that Alex Smith is the greatest quarterback of all time.
    Outside of a falsestart Fisher and really the whole line was having there best game last week. Until he got a concussion in the old days he would have been right back out there but with the new standards he had to come out. The whole line has been a struggle this season really. Even the "top 5" Lt that we have hasn't been good. Why single out Fisher who's again not only a rookie but going through a position change. All be a it a slight change but any change to go along with being a rookie is big

And for the gaming stuff that might be something for sending me a message about we can exchange emails
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast