Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game 5 thoughts

Default Game 5 thoughts

The Good
    The defense in the first half and 4th They were lights out enough said and came up with the picks late to wrap it up

Alex Smith in the 4th Came up clutch when they fell behind Alex took them right down the field and got in the endzone. That's not something we have seen before. Most the time in the past few years that was when the team caved. They didn't today

Ryan Succop came up clutch in a long field goal. Big plus

The bad

Alex Smith he seemed a bit off today. Thew a Cassel like pick. Every Qb has a downer game through the season lets hope that was his.

The defense in the 3rd they looked like last years d and a hot knife through butter. They can't let a team come out of the break and do that most of the time that will cost you. But they didn't let it cost us.

The penalties Can't have them. They Play the Faiders next week and they like to draw you into that type of game. We can't get in that game.Penalties like that will KILL you. They were lucky to escape

Overall this was a 2010 like win. They got some bounces and got the W and that's what matters.

GO Cowboys today and GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I haven't watched the Chiefs-Titans game in it's entirety as of yet, but from what I saw in a couple of highlights that is really encouraging, is that the Chiefs had Smith throw deep to Avery out the power-running type sets TWICE and it worked. Especially on that one play when they were backed up to their 1-yard line. Avery just blew by that CB like he was standing still. Got to keep taking shots down the field like that to Avery, as there aren't many CB's in the league that can run full speed with him.
    Uh yes, that play was a back breaker. Th Chiefs defense just held the Titans out of the end zone with a 1st and Goal situation starting on the 1. I really think the Chiefs pushed them back. That stand was outstanding and really shows how good this defense is. Last year, that was a TD. This defense is playing so tough and aggressive it is shocking at how good they have become just one year removed and it is no fluke either.

Not much from Kelce,....YET. But he is a rookie and needs to start getting going with his development. Predraft, though, I thought of him as a potentially good starting TE. I think most of his faults right now are due to rookie butterflies and injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Not much from Kelce,....YET. But he is a rookie and needs to start getting going with his development. Predraft, though, I thought of him as a potentially good starting TE. I think most of his faults right now are due to rookie butterflies and injury.
    I would agree, He is a very nice kid. He game right over to my kids to give us his autograph and one fan came over that I was uncomfortable with and he was very polite with him when I even I was trying to get away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Uh yes, that play was a back breaker. Th Chiefs defense just held the Titans out of the end zone with a 1st and Goal situation starting on the 1. I really think the Chiefs pushed them back. That stand was outstanding and really shows how good this defense is. Last year, that was a TD. This defense is playing so tough and aggressive it is shocking at how good they have become just one year removed and it is no fluke either.
    One thing that I noticed was the Titans did not score with conventional plays. It took unconventional plays for them to get on the board. Personally, I didn't like the Poe selection back in 2012 -- for all of about a couple minutes -- and then the thought occurred to me that the Chiefs were not going to get many opportunities to draft a NT candidate with Poe's physical ability. Kudos to the Chiefs D-Line coach Tommy Brasher for the job he's done getting the Chiefs D-Line to play much better this year.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing that I noticed was the Titans did not score with conventional plays. It took unconventional plays for them to get on the board.
    True. I made the same point to my son while texting back and forth with him during the game.

3rd down efficiency was horrible, yesterday. 1 for 12 and that is totally unsatisfactory. It was one of the things that kept the game as close as it was. This must improve as the season progresses.

One thing I don't like is game planning the opening drive. Supposedly the first 15 plays are scripted. Why is Chad Freaking Hall the center piece and Dexter McCluster the center piece three weeks ago? I am not even sure why Chad Hall is on the team yet alone a game plan. How about making J. Charles the game plan next week like he was against Dallas and lets see if we can score on the opening drive?

Maybe because the other team expects Charles to get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    One thing I don't like is game planning the opening drive. Supposedly the first 15 plays are scripted. Why is Chad Freaking Hall the center piece and Dexter McCluster the center piece three weeks ago? I am not even sure why Chad Hall is on the team yet alone a game plan. How about making J. Charles the game plan next week like he was against Dallas and lets see if we can score on the opening drive?
    Good point. I'm not sure either why Chad Hall is on the roster, let alone getting playing time ahead of Junior Hemingway. There is nothing about Hall that comes even remotely close to justifying him holding a roster spot, except he was with Reid in Philly. But still, I just don't see the talent or potential with this guy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast