Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game 5 thoughts

Default Game 5 thoughts

The Good
    The defense in the first half and 4th They were lights out enough said and came up with the picks late to wrap it up

Alex Smith in the 4th Came up clutch when they fell behind Alex took them right down the field and got in the endzone. That's not something we have seen before. Most the time in the past few years that was when the team caved. They didn't today

Ryan Succop came up clutch in a long field goal. Big plus

The bad

Alex Smith he seemed a bit off today. Thew a Cassel like pick. Every Qb has a downer game through the season lets hope that was his.

The defense in the 3rd they looked like last years d and a hot knife through butter. They can't let a team come out of the break and do that most of the time that will cost you. But they didn't let it cost us.

The penalties Can't have them. They Play the Faiders next week and they like to draw you into that type of game. We can't get in that game.Penalties like that will KILL you. They were lucky to escape

Overall this was a 2010 like win. They got some bounces and got the W and that's what matters.

GO Cowboys today and GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Okay I know I always say this...not that anyone is paying attention but the other team gets paid to play...Yes not Smith's best game but performed when he needed to and that is a very good "D" with very good secondary so to be expected some of it anyway...was his interception not off Charles hands? I do want to see when Fasano, Kelce and McGrath are in the line-up.

Anyway to not play your best and still win on the road against a solid team I say outstanding!

Nail biter in Dallas 48-48 Denver in red zone. Romo threw a pick and is probably going to lose now

Denver wins 51-48 where the hell are these defenses at?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Nail biter in Dallas 48-48 Denver in red zone. Romo threw a pick and is probably going to lose now
    Romo choke once again, as he's so renowned for in the clutch & Donkeys win a game that they had no business winning. No way would I have handed Romo a 100 million dollar contract. Romo has got to tuck it down & try scrambling for some yards on at least one of those two plays where he first got sacked and then got picked.

Would anybody really prefer to have Romo over Alex Smith playing QB for the Chiefs based on what we have seen thus far, this season? I know I wouldn't, no way.

I'm not convinced Denver is the best team like so many are crowning them to be. Dallas's Defense did not have all their starters healthy like they did against KC & overall they just blew the ball game.

My thoughts about this game are simple. The defense is legit. And what a find we have in Marcus Cooper. I don't know about you all but my oh my I think he's gonna be special. Man who says coaching doesn't matter. Andy Reid is completely legit too. 5 and mother effin 0. Woohoo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Denver wins 51-48 where the hell are these defenses at?
    Teams are not allowed to play d against peyton I mean this game had

Denver o line ripping Dallas defenders helments off
    Uncall Pi on Denver in the endzone
    an Uncalled Intentional grounding on Manning
    an uncalled Horse collar

All pointed out by Jim Nantz

This was one the NFL handed the donkeys plain and simple Like a Miami Heat game in the NBA when you play Denver you play the refs to
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm not usually one to complain about the refs... but damn. They gave the Titans life over and over again. The final score shouldn't have been that close. The secondary refs were horrible. Chiefs got bailed out at the end, but the calls definitely favored the Titans all day.

The offense was sluggish in the rain. Tennessee had a couple fluke plays that kept them in the game, but overall, the Chiefs dominated each quarter but the ref-assisted 3rd.

The Chiefs for the 4th week in a row had what was essentially a game killing drive in the 4th. Alex is there when it counts.
    ...So was the offense, I think that pick Smith threw was facilitated by moister on the ball. I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to point to a possible cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...So was the offense, I think that pick Smith threw was facilitated by moister on the ball. I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to point to a possible cause.
    Critical reading was never a strength of mine either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Teams are not allowed to play d against peyton I mean this game had

Denver o line ripping Dallas defenders helments off
    Uncall Pi on Denver in the endzone
    an Uncalled Intentional grounding on Manning
    an uncalled Horse collar

All pointed out by Jim Nantz

This was one the NFL handed the donkeys plain and simple Like a Miami Heat game in the NBA when you play Denver you play the refs to
    I'm afraid what we could be seeing this year is a replication of '97 and '98 all over again. Only this time it is for Peyton Manning's sake, as well as Turd Elway's sake ( since he is the GM ).

I haven't watched that game, yet, but I can't help but wonder if the Donkey's have swung something with the league office like they did in '97 and '98 to get the officials to turn a blind eye towards a majority of calls that should be going against them.

BTW Matt, did you notice that the Donkeys did not get scheduled to play one single team at their park in these first 6 games, that had made the post-season the year before, same as '97 and '98 ?? I can tell you why, it's because historically when the Donks have started 6-0, they've made it to the SB with one exception -- 2009. So there is hope that the tide can turn against them, just like it did in 2009 as they got road games in IND, NE, KC, and HOU.

It does seem like the deck is being stacked in their favor, thus far. Time will tell about that, of course, but at least we learned today that the Donks defense is not as good as KC's -- not by a longshot -- and Champ Bailey and Von Miller aren't going to bolster it all that much when they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm afraid what we could be seeing this year is a replication of '97 and '98 all over again. Only this time it is for Peyton Manning's sake, as well as Turd Elway's sake ( since he is the GM ).

I haven't watched that game, yet, but I can't help but wonder if the Donkey's have swung something with the league office like they did in '97 and '98 to get the officials to turn a blind eye towards a majority of calls that should be going against them.

BTW Matt, did you notice that the Donkeys did not get scheduled to play one single team at their park in these first 6 games, that had made the post-season the year before, same as '97 and '98 ?? I can tell you why, it's because historically when the Donks have started 6-0, they've made it to the SB with one exception -- 2009. So there is hope that the tide can turn against them, just like it did in 2009 as they got road games in IND, NE, KC, and HOU.

It does seem like the deck is being stacked in their favor, thus far. Time will tell about that, of course, but at least we learned today that the Donks defense is not as good as KC's -- not by a longshot -- and Champ Bailey and Von Miller aren't going to bolster it all that much when they come back.
    The NFL is going to do whatever they can to get Denver the ring WHATEVER they can

As for Denver's schedule it's also pretty telling they gave them the Ravens early in the year the real reason they opened the season in Denver is that they wanted to get the Ravens out of there way before there new defense had any time to gel. It was pretty telling that while they couldn't use the ravens field for the game there was a TON of people there to watch the game and have a celebration for there superbowl. They could watch the game on the scoreboard tvs and stuff but couldn't play the game there? It's pretty clear what was going on. The NFL is trying to make Manning the best ever they always have made him look better then what he is. Todays game Dallas should have won if not for the BS calls all in Denvers favor they would have. It's sad that the NFL is willing to throw the rulebook out the window and Give Manning games then making him EARN them
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast