Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 5 thoughts

Hybrid View

Default Game 5 thoughts

The Good
    The defense in the first half and 4th They were lights out enough said and came up with the picks late to wrap it up

Alex Smith in the 4th Came up clutch when they fell behind Alex took them right down the field and got in the endzone. That's not something we have seen before. Most the time in the past few years that was when the team caved. They didn't today

Ryan Succop came up clutch in a long field goal. Big plus

The bad

Alex Smith he seemed a bit off today. Thew a Cassel like pick. Every Qb has a downer game through the season lets hope that was his.

The defense in the 3rd they looked like last years d and a hot knife through butter. They can't let a team come out of the break and do that most of the time that will cost you. But they didn't let it cost us.

The penalties Can't have them. They Play the Faiders next week and they like to draw you into that type of game. We can't get in that game.Penalties like that will KILL you. They were lucky to escape

Overall this was a 2010 like win. They got some bounces and got the W and that's what matters.

GO Cowboys today and GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

- I'm concerned a bit about Bowe's play. He seems to run lethargic routs.

- Cooper might be for real.

- McGrath is holding his own, but when will Fasano and Kelce come back? It's a bit frustrating.

- Jamaal got his 100, but he seems to get stopped for no gain more frequently these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    - McGrath is holding his own, but when will Fasano and Kelce come back? It's a bit frustrating.

- Jamaal got his 100, but he seems to get stopped for no gain more frequently these days.
    Just out of curiosity. What have you seen from Kelce that his absence is frustrating you. All I saw from him in Pre-season was a project that had a lot of work to do. Based on McGraths production, once Kelce returns he most likley will replace Brock as the 3rd string TE and may never see the field once Fasano returns.

Chiefs were very fortunate to win this game. If they don't get called for that personal foul penalty on Alex's 3rd down scramble that was stopped short of a 1st down, then what?

Although, Len Dawson said it was the correct call as Smith had one foot out of bounds & the defender launched himself at Smith. Correct me, if I'm wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Chiefs were very fortunate to win this game. If they don't get called for that personal foul penalty on Alex's 3rd down scramble that was stopped short of a 1st down, then what?

Although, Len Dawson said it was the correct call as Smith had one foot out of bounds & the defender launched himself at Smith. Correct me, if I'm wrong on this.
    That call could be considered a make up for the HORRIBLE PI on Berry if they don't get that call then we never trail so I guess it evened out

And I had no problem with the call you can't launch yourself at a guy when he's that close to the sideline it's just not smart
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That call could be considered a make up for the HORRIBLE PI on Berry if they don't get that call then we never trail so I guess it evened out

And I had no problem with the call you can't launch yourself at a guy when he's that close to the sideline it's just not smart
    I just saw a replay of the personal foul call & it was the right call. Alex was clearly out of bounds with no need for the defender to launch himself at Alex. Len Dawson called it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Don't think you're wrong...but what irritated me was that the officials didn't call things the same way throughout the game (when Dexter McCluster got into the same situation, flag was thrown, then told the crowd there was no penalty on the play.)

I'm still concerned about our inability to stop the passing game sometimes. But, we are playing good teams and finding ways to win. I think we'll get better in that regard, however, as the guys get more familiar with the new defensive coordinator.

I'm not usually one to complain about the refs... but damn. They gave the Titans life over and over again. The final score shouldn't have been that close. The secondary refs were horrible. Chiefs got bailed out at the end, but the calls definitely favored the Titans all day.

The offense was sluggish in the rain. Tennessee had a couple fluke plays that kept them in the game, but overall, the Chiefs dominated each quarter but the ref-assisted 3rd.

The Chiefs for the 4th week in a row had what was essentially a game killing drive in the 4th. Alex is there when it counts.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast