Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game 5 thoughts

Default Game 5 thoughts

The Good
    The defense in the first half and 4th They were lights out enough said and came up with the picks late to wrap it up

Alex Smith in the 4th Came up clutch when they fell behind Alex took them right down the field and got in the endzone. That's not something we have seen before. Most the time in the past few years that was when the team caved. They didn't today

Ryan Succop came up clutch in a long field goal. Big plus

The bad

Alex Smith he seemed a bit off today. Thew a Cassel like pick. Every Qb has a downer game through the season lets hope that was his.

The defense in the 3rd they looked like last years d and a hot knife through butter. They can't let a team come out of the break and do that most of the time that will cost you. But they didn't let it cost us.

The penalties Can't have them. They Play the Faiders next week and they like to draw you into that type of game. We can't get in that game.Penalties like that will KILL you. They were lucky to escape

Overall this was a 2010 like win. They got some bounces and got the W and that's what matters.

GO Cowboys today and GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    _ Dallas is up 10 on Denver Mannings. Could it be...? Could it be...?
    Probably not. Dallas is starting to screw up on Offense & their Defense is allowing Manning to play pitch and catch with his receivers.

This was the best game all year and why I say that is cuz we showed poise and didnt quite whem they came back amd took the lead. This says more about our team then the last few weeks. Plus we went downfield alot. Also charles ran 108 yards. Our only problem is finisbing drives. I think our def kinda soften up a little bit when their qb gashed us a couple times We seemed to be more conservative on def.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That call could be considered a make up for the HORRIBLE PI on Berry if they don't get that call then we never trail so I guess it evened out

And I had no problem with the call you can't launch yourself at a guy when he's that close to the sideline it's just not smart
    I just saw a replay of the personal foul call & it was the right call. Alex was clearly out of bounds with no need for the defender to launch himself at Alex. Len Dawson called it correctly.

Those "most interesting man in the world" ads are based on Len Dawson.

special teams helps the chiefs gain crucial game points early in the game yet again. It gave us the momentum all first half.

Defense played amazing first half. what changed the second half? Fitz is one of the fastest QB's in the league on his feet! he smoked our pass rush and we really didnt have any guys left to tackle until he hit the secondary. The other big mistake was allowing johnson too much room when he was on blocking assignment. The titans o-line was catching heat from the fan base all game long but they showed up big in the second half giving great pocket protection. chiefs D didnt necessarily do anything bad or wrong, it was solid defense, it was just the QB scramble that was really unaccounted for which gashed us.

Defensive picks were HUGE. again without cooper coming out with that amazing strip/int (looked like dual possession till he judo'ed the ball out of receivers hands) - it was a 3 point game at that point and titans had found some momentum.

Offensively... man, i was really disappointed this game. I still feel like without jamaal charles, this offense would be completely impotent. Smith just doesnt have enough weapons. however he does have SOME. Donnie Avery proving again that while he may not be a top WR, the man is FAST and makes a serious effort to make a catch. Dwayne Bowe once again proving he can catch just about ANYTHING that isnt a direct pass on the numbers (when he feels like running the full route to begin with).

Alex made some really awful throws today and was not on his game, and I had a bit of worry before game how the rain would affect his game. It appeared it definitely had a big impact. he was sailin some passes matt cassel style. I also am anxious to get some of our TE"s healthy. they can be very effective in this offense and mcgrath is stepping up big consistently on 3rd and longs.

Generally speaking, the execution was just very poor and i feel that it was very fortunate for the chiefs that they were able to win this game. If this were a broncos or saints game we would likely have been humiliated with this type of performance, but we'll get a chance to see that in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    Generally speaking, the execution was just very poor and i feel that it was very fortunate for the chiefs that they were able to win this game. If this were a broncos or saints game we would likely have been humiliated with this type of performance, but we'll get a chance to see that in due time.
    Our O is a work in progress albeit not progressing as fast as I would like. Hopefully when the lights come on in the O-line's heads and we get the 2 TEs back we can be more productive by the time we play Denver Mannings. I think Andy's play book has some two TE sets that we can't utilize now.

Woot, Woot. Dallas is fighting back & lead the Donkeys 41-38.

Wow! Dallas leading Denver again!!!!

Yes I think reid was working alot with two te sets during offseason and preseason then the I.j bug hit our te's.

Like wow, man!! I can't wait to watch the replay of the Chiefs game and the Donks game in Dallas via NFL Game Rewind. Kudos to Dallas for hanging in there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast