Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Cooper

Default Marcus Cooper

Anyone have the skinny on him. Was this a Dempsey or Reid move? And what do you all think. Am I foolish in jumping on his bandwagon. Dude can flat out play.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    @PFF_NateJahnke: Chiefs 7th round rookie CB Marcus Cooper has had just 3 of 14 passes thrown his way get caught. Also 1 INT and 3 PD. Just 1 YAC allowed.
    Wow! Why isn't he starting then?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Wow! Why isn't he starting then?
    I believe he's been elevated to the #3 corner ahead of Dunta Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I believe he's been elevated to the #3 corner ahead of Dunta Robinson.
    They said he was in on 56 of 69 defensive snaps of the plays, he was playing outside and Flowers moved to the slot.

A tweak to the Chiefs game plan: Brandon Flowers played a lot of slot. He's usually on the outside but that's not what we saw on Sunday.

"He's a smart kid and he's got good coaching," Reid said. "He wants to be good. He goes out there every day and doesn't let anything get in the way of him getting better each and every day. He's willing to challenge. You also notice he's a big kid, good size. He's not afraid of matchups."

Yeah I didnt even see daunta robinson on the field. I think cooper moved above him on depth chart. Robinson hasnt played since he got burned for td last week. Atleast I havemt seen him. Sean smith has been impressive to. In miami I heard he had glempses of brillance then would get beat. Well sean has ben goood amd consistent. Flowers,smith,cooper is our top 3 cb. I think robinson would be a better safety than a cb. Hes to slow. I wonder what our rookie sanders will do once he gets back off of.inj reserve.

To beat Denver we will have to play man coverage. With our line backers and berry we can handle 2 wideouts and welker. We just need to be more consistent on qb pressure. We have the d to match up better against Denver then any team I've seen them face yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    To beat Denver we will have to play man coverage. With our line backers and berry we can handle 2 wideouts and welker. We just need to be more consistent on qb pressure. We have the d to match up better against Denver then any team I've seen them face yet.
    I agree. We match up well. You are coming around since you think we match up well and think we can ne the ones to beat the donkies. I hope were both undeafeated when we face off.

Listening to his interviews, the kid sounds humble and intelligent. Awesome acquisition! A lot of folks were already losing faith when they waived 7 folks to pickup other teams discards. They look like geniuses now, with the way Cooper and McGrath have played. Also have seen a couple of the others pop up here and there on plays. I know one of them had a sack/forced fumble in one of the games. Having 2 of them become full time contributors is amazing in and of itself!

He was originally a WR, if Avery is still banged up next week lets see how he would do back on the offense seems to be able to catch anything remotely near him

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    He was originally a WR, if Avery is still banged up next week lets see how he would do back on the offense seems to be able to catch anything remotely near him
    Uhh. He was not doing so well at WR, which is why he was moved to CB. However, that pick he had was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    Listening to his interviews, the kid sounds humble and intelligent. Awesome acquisition! A lot of folks were already losing faith when they waived 7 folks to pickup other teams discards. They look like geniuses now, with the way Cooper and McGrath have played. Also have seen a couple of the others pop up here and there on plays. I know one of them had a sack/forced fumble in one of the games. Having 2 of them become full time contributors is amazing in and of itself!
    All I remember thinking after the 7 players were cut, was how bad of shape the team was in that even after spending the entire off season with these 7 players. The Chiefs were willing to cut any loyalty to them for any chance of an upgrade. I was thinking off D. Vermeil saying that he would rather keep his guys who went to camp with him than pick up players off the scrap heap and how opposite this regime was looking to constantly upgrade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast