Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Cooper

Default Marcus Cooper

Anyone have the skinny on him. Was this a Dempsey or Reid move? And what do you all think. Am I foolish in jumping on his bandwagon. Dude can flat out play.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Anyone have the skinny on him. Was this a Dempsey or Reid move? And what do you all think. Am I foolish in jumping on his bandwagon. Dude can flat out play.
    Actually, I'm Dempsey and I think you meant Dorsey, but it was a Dorsey move & Reid may have had some say in it. But, you are right, Cooper has been great pickup and his emergence and ability to play Outside CB will be very helpful against the Donks as they can assign Flowers to cover Wes Welker in the slot and I'm liking the way the Chiefs DB's match up against the Donks WR's.

SF released Cooper as one of their final cuts and the Chiefs jumped all over him. SF drafted him in the 7th round out of Rutgers and he's listed as 6-2, 195 lbs. with 4.45 speed.

I'm a fan. I didn't like the Arenas trade because I thought it hurt our secondary depth, especially against Denver. But if they can get Robinson back in time for the Denver games and the defense is entirely healthy, I think the Chiefs have a great shot at beating the Broncos. I like that Cooper is getting some real game experience before we get real deep into our schedule. When we play teams like the Chargers, Broncos, and Texans, that secondary is going to get tested.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Actually, I'm Dempsey and I think you meant Dorsey, but it was a Dorsey move & Reid may have had some say in it. But, you are right, Cooper has been great pickup and his emergence and ability to play Outside CB will be very helpful against the Donks as they can assign Flowers to cover Wes Welker in the slot and I'm liking the way the Chiefs DB's match up against the Donks WR's.

SF released Cooper as one of their final cuts and the Chiefs jumped all over him. SF drafted him in the 7th round out of Rutgers and he's listed as 6-2, 195 lbs. with 4.45 speed.
    Yeah I have done that before sir. Lol! Thanks for the info I saw he was a late round selection and then saw San Fran cut him which makes no sense because he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Yeah I have done that before sir. Lol! Thanks for the info I saw he was a late round selection and then saw San Fran cut him which makes no sense because he can play.
    I believe they let him go because he was on the bubble for the 5th Corner spot. He lost out to a guy who is their back up returners. They were hoping to sneak him on the practice squad when the Cheifs grabbed him.

Cooper is one of the 7 players we signed the Sunday after we cut the roster down to 53 the Saturday before. Both he and Sean McGrath were picked up after cuts were made and both have been huge for us the last two weeks.

Cooper future Carr and I'm ok with that

People need to remember that Richard Sherman wasn't taken in the 1st round by Seattle. Sam Spence up in GB wasn't even drafted. Brandon Carr was a 5th rounder. Deron Cherry wasn't even drafted. I could go on and on.

Point is, that a lot of DB's like Cooper go under the radar & then when given the chance, show that they can play at a high level in the NFL. I still have hopes for this years 5th round draftee, Sanders Commings.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    People need to remember that Richard Sherman wasn't taken in the 1st round by Seattle. Sam Spence up in GB wasn't even drafted. Brandon Carr was a 5th rounder. Deron Cherry wasn't even drafted. I could go on and on.

Point is, that a lot of DB's like Cooper go under the radar & then when given the chance, show that they can play at a high level in the NFL. I still have hopes for this years 5th round draftee, Sanders Commings.
    Some rookies don't really get a fair shot because of favortism or the dollar amount spent into other. He was basically competiting with Nmandi Asomugha for a spot, so he wouldn't get a fair shake there, unless he was clearly better. Again if he was returner that would be something that helps him stay in the bubble.

The fact he has only played corner for one year probably didn't help him. He was a Receiver at Rutgers when they asked him to switch to Corner his Senior year so he has a huge upside to him.

What a find Cooper was - and what a great job our brass did in recognizing this talent and getting him on our roster.
    SHUT IT

@PFF_NateJahnke: Chiefs 7th round rookie CB Marcus Cooper has had just 3 of 14 passes thrown his way get caught. Also 1 INT and 3 PD. Just 1 YAC allowed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast