Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Perfect into the bye week?

Default Perfect into the bye week?

Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Y'all... seriously? No red flags at all on these 2 posts? 2 days after forum drama and the hammer, some "new guy" shows up and goes to the other extreme on Alex Smith and posts the EXACT OPPOSITE VIEW on all the talking points.

C'mon, man.
    No way to prove it, so the only thing to do is go with the flow.

Just thought I'd bring some attention to it so he doesn't make everyone look like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I heard that no other team in NFL history has started the season 5-0 after going 2-14 the previous year.

The Colts were 2-14 in 2011 and finished 2012 at 11-5. That's very impressive, but they were 2-3 after their first 5 games. We are already 3 games ahead of were they were last year at his point. I'm sure that is due in large part to the fact that Luck was a rookie QB and he needed time to adjust to playing at the NFL level, while Smith is an experienced QB who has won consistently over the last two seasons.
    Yes, but as I stated earlier. We had 6 pro-bowlers on a 2-14 team. We weren't that bad. The Colts though, were really bad. I thought they would do the same thing they did with Peyton when they drafted him and struggle for years until they build a team around Peyton. Instead, they turned it around real quick.

I guess it is a matter of expectations instead of just looking at the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, but as I stated earlier. We had 6 pro-bowlers on a 2-14 team. We weren't that bad. The Colts though, were really bad. I thought they would do the same thing they did with Peyton when they drafted him and struggle for years until they build a team around Peyton. Instead, they turned it around real quick.

I guess it is a matter of expectations instead of just looking at the record.
    The Colts were REALLY good the year before Peyton's injury. The year they were so bad, they had the worst QB situation in the league and then landed Andrew Luck. I wasn't all that surprised with Indy's performance the past 2 seasons. Similarly, I'm not all that shocked with the Chiefs' performance now that they have a good QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Outside of Sean Smith and Poe's 2nd year development, this is the same defense we had last season. Pretty much the same offense as well. The single more glaring upgrade has been at the QB position. It just goes to show you how important the QB is in this league.

Look around the league and you'll see the bad teams are getting poor production from the QB position.

I know the Colts QB situation in 2011 was the pits with Manning hurt, but it almost looked like the Colts tanked purposely for the purpose of getting Luck because they figured Peyton was probably done. The Chiefs in 2012 didn't tank purposely, it was a case where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Y'all... seriously? No red flags at all on these 2 posts? 2 days after forum drama and the hammer, some "new guy" shows up and goes to the other extreme on Alex Smith and posts the EXACT OPPOSITE VIEW on all the talking points.

C'mon, man.

I have completed an IP Address search and have found nothing to suggest that they are one in the same. It is not our intent to go on a witch hunt with regard to every new member, but we are on the lookout for the possibility of a duplicate account.

Please direct any concerns you may have to me or Coach in a PM.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-09-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I have completed an IP Address search and have found nothing to suggest that they are one in the same. It is not our intent to go on a witch hunt with regard to every new member, but we are on the lookout for the possibility of a duplicate account.

Please direct any concerns you may have to me or Coach in a PM.

MMH doesn't concern me in the least. I'm not going to act like I have any proof or lead some kind of "which hunt. " I just think it would be prudent for our members to think critically about the situation. Just seems pretty blatant to me. I won't mention it again.

MMH doesn't concern me in the least. I'm not going to act like I have any proof or lead some kind of "which hunt. " I just think it would be prudent for our members to think critically about the situation. Just seems pretty blatant to me. I won't mention it again.
    Just letting you know that the mods are paying attention bud.

I dont think its the same guy. If it is then as long as hes postive like those two post then its all good. I liked thoae two post and thought they were perty accurate and spot on. I think the 49ers may end up regretting leting him go. I think kapernick has regreessed some cuz teams learned to def the reap option better. He didnt say hes an elite qb but an elite game manager which is not a knock. And the team amd the defis playing lights out cu they know they have a qbthwy can got to war with and win. That in itself makes a world of difference.

C'mon, man.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast