Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect into the bye week?

Default Perfect into the bye week?

Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?
    AAAAHHHH!!! Delete, delete, delete!

Seriously, though, I don't see why we can't be 9-0 going into the bye week. We face The Raiders, Texans and Browns at home the next 3 weeks. All of those look very winnable at this point although Cleveland probably scares me the most. (I never would have said THAT at the beginning of the season!) After that we have a road game against the Bills. This is our year to finally stick it to them.

Unfortunately, I could see us losing 4 or 5 out of 6 after the bye week. The Broncos twice, @San Diego and @home against the Colts will all be tough games. I could even see us losing in Oakland. The Raiders are better with Pryor at QB, they intercepted Rivers 3 times last night to beat the Chargers and are starting to gain some confidence.

That would still put us at 12-4 or 11-5 and in the playoffs, but you don't want back into the playoffs with a bunch of losses. The bye is still a month away though and hopefully by then our offense will be in sync and our defense will be a little stouter.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 10-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Yup, that was a whole decade ago. Let's NOT get ahead of ourselves, although it would be nice.

I see us losing 2 of next 3 games. Houston and browns. Raiders is a toss up.

One game at a time. Up next, da raiters. Gotta dominate at the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I see us losing 2 of next 3 games. Houston and browns. Raiders is a toss up.
    Yeah, but you "see" us losing every game (except for the Jaguars)!

Titans game:

There goes the game. We need to keep 3 score[s ah]ead to even have a chance our o can't close
    Giants game:

Say 2 TD 1Int or fumble. 270 yds passing. 1-3 point loss
    Eagles Game:

philly by 14. i dont think we can score more then 17 and we will need about 32 to win. awefull secondary and we rarely pressure qb.
    Cowboys game:

game over.. 20 pt loss
    Your eyesight hasn't been too good lately.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yeah, but you "see" us losing every game (except for the Jaguars)!

Titans game:

Giants game:

Eagles Game:

Cowboys game:

Your eyesight hasn't been too good lately.
    100% correct. Please lordy just dissappear with mmh your just as negative as he is. Atlease he doesnt show up during the game amd try to bring everyone elae down. **** im nervous to when a bad play happens and.it doesnt help to come.on here and see you say **** game'm over we lost and **** like that. Just stop saying were going to lose everytime something bad happens. Please.
    Last edited by jason1981; 10-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Notice the fans that don't have chief's names are better "Supporters" of the chiefs than the opposite? LOL sorry chiefster there's always exceptions to the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Notice the fans that don't have chief's names are better "Supporters" of the chiefs than the opposite? LOL sorry chiefster there's always exceptions to the rule
    Definitely not true. But I think Lord-Chiefy is one who sets expectations so low so that he can only be pleasantly surprised and not overwhelmingly disappointed with a loss. It's like owning a (red) Ferrari but never taking it out of the garage because you just know it's going to get dinged a couple of times ... I do think we can win the next four games, but agree it will be a different story for the rest of the season. But at the beginning of the season, I think many of us would have been happy with a .500 season. Well if we go .500 or so the rest of the way, we'll be 11-5 or 10-6 and make the playoffs. My adjusted expectation is to see us win a playoff game. Though I don't see us getting any home games if we make the playoffs, this team looks like a legitimate road warrior, unlike any team in memorable past.

I'm comin along guys..don't get panties in bunch. This team showed me a great deal in the 4th Qtr Sunday.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast