Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Perfect into the bye week?

Default Perfect into the bye week?

Who remembers this? Unfortunately it was the SI jinx edition and we lost the next game. Will we be 9-0 going into the bye week?

I will once again reiterate. Looking ahead is a mistake. One game at time, because that is how they are played on the football field.

There is no way that anybody in their right mind should look past the Oakland Raiders this coming Sunday, as they have won (6) SIX in a row at Arrowhead & their Defensive front 7 has found a way to obliterate the Chiefs O-Line every single time and the Chiefs couldn't score the points that they needed to win.

That must change this Sunday. The Chiefs O-Line did a creditable job against the Titans, but it is my belief, they will have to be even better this Sunday against Oakland. Forget what has happened through the first 5 games and any statistical rankings, because the bottom line is that the Chiefs must win the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I will once again reiterate. Looking ahead is a mistake. One game at time, because that is how they are played on the football field.

There is no way that anybody in their right mind should look past the Oakland Raiders this coming Sunday, as they have won (6) SIX in a row at Arrowhead & their Defensive front 7 has found a way to obliterate the Chiefs O-Line every single time and the Chiefs couldn't score the points that they needed to win.

That must change this Sunday. The Chiefs O-Line did a creditable job against the Titans, but it is my belief, they will have to be even better this Sunday against Oakland. Forget what has happened through the first 5 games and any statistical rankings, because the bottom line is that the Chiefs must win the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
    Like a crafty old carpenter...hitting the nail on the head. We've gotten 5-0, I'm very proud of this team, but we cannot afford to overlook anybody. I look at this game as a way to judge where we stand, on the O-line. If we handle the Raiders D-line, that's signaling a major improvement. The Raiders are in a state of change too, unless the ghost of Al Davis is still running things, so we can't rely on just waiting for the moment when the Raiders shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or their QB just chucking the ball up for grabs the second pressure appears.

I'm a tad nervous about this one. Maybe it's just that they have won so many games in a row at Arrowhead. But I have just had a bad feeling about it all week. It also could be that I know that sooner or later we are going to drop one. Hope I'm wrong but I am for sure not looking past the faiders
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm a tad nervous about this one. Maybe it's just that they have won so many games in a row at Arrowhead. But I have just had a bad feeling about it all week. It also could be that I know that sooner or later we are going to drop one. Hope I'm wrong but I am for sure not looking past the faiders
    6 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    6 in a row
    Right. So a streak has to continue this weekend, either a great 6-0 run or 7 in row at Arrowhead. I'm betting on our #6 rather than their #7... I still remember the greatest rivalry in sports, when bench clearing brawls were an anticipated part of every game. I would like to see this rivalry resumed. So best of luck Raiders with your apparent resurgence. But Arrowhead was once a tomb for you, and will be on Sunday.

Hopefully those of you who will be at the game will be so damn loud that the Raiders won't be able to think. I've always wondered why home crowds (not just Arrowhead) don't try to get the loudest while the team is in the huddle. That's when they're trying to communicate... not so much when they're already at the line and doing hand signals or moving with the ball. Our crowd needs to be amped up while they're trying to call the play. If the Arrowhead crowd could figure that out, they'll be more effective with their noise and become a TRUE 12th man in the Raider huddle causing mass confusion and delay of game penalties.

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Notice the fans that don't have chief's names are better "Supporters" of the chiefs than the opposite? LOL sorry chiefster there's always exceptions to the rule

Thats because they need to associate themselves as fans to fit in with us kingdom faithful!

We need a bandwagon fan as a smiley!
    Last edited by Lazeye; 10-11-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I thought this would post on his comment.

I expect this to be one of our toughest games all year. Even when they really REALLY REALLY suck, the Raiders almost always give us a very hard time. On top of that we have a lot of players dinged up. If we want to win everybody on the team (including the crowd) is going to have to give it their very best game.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Quoted for truth because nothing more need be said here.

What do y'all think about the Texans? I think Shaub is going to struggle in Arrowhead.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast