Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Tony Gonzalez doesn’t want to be traded

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Tony Gonzalez doesn’t want to be traded

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The news that wide receiver Julio Jones might miss the rest of the season has led a lot of people to surmise that the Falcons aren’t going anywhere after starting the year with four losses in their first five games. That has led some people to wonder if there might be an opening to trade… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

0 Not allowed!
    Would love to see it as I still like Tony but it's not happening folks

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
    Naw, but its still fun to dream about the "Hollywood" ending. The problem is, our chances of making the Superbowl with or without Tony G are not great this year. I am amazed at the progress I am seeing, but still think we are realistically a year away from that. Saying that, it means we are a year ahead of where I thought this group would be. Its amazing what a real coaching staff and personnel department can do. I had forgotten what that looked like, its been so long around here. Loving life in KC again. I know they had a blip in 2010, but it felt fake then. This feels like the real deal.

LOVING IT!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 274

1 Not allowed!
    Ah shi*......OF COURSE I want TG back. But NO! TG is the "old Chiefs" we remember. But today's Chiefs are WINNERS!!! No.....as much as my heart wants it.....NO! Not until the 1 day retirement contract. Todays Chiefs are not about one player. There is a different hero every week..Today,s Chiefs don't rely on any one player to win. They rely on the TEAM to win. And they are getting better every week....AS A TEAM!!!!

I ADORE TG.....but his day in KC is past. Just like all those REALLY HOT girlfriends I remember from back in the day.

Love you TG....come home and retire where you should....but no....you are not going to the Superbowl with the Chiefs. We're going to do that without you.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

0 Not allowed!
    Seriously doubt he would want to learn our offense for only half a season left. But dreams of a Tony G/Anthony Fasano 2Te set wholly crap we would tear the donks a new one

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Seriously doubt he would want to learn our offense for only half a season left. But dreams of a Tony G/Anthony Fasano 2Te set wholly crap we would tear the donks a new one
    We're going to anyway. It's not about how much we beat them by.....just that it goes down as a "Win"!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    We're going to retire him here anyways, IMO it's going to happen before the trade deadline

Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    We're going to retire him here anyways, IMO it's going to happen before the trade deadline
    Or, he'll sign in the off season then retire.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Tony Gonzalez: I won't 'jump ship'
    Vaughn McClure
    ESPN.com | October 17, 2013
    FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez has not asked for a trade, and he won't try to "jump ship'' before finishing out his final NFL season.

Gonzalez addressed the media-and-fan driven trade speculation during open locker room Thursday.

"I'm still happy as I can be to be a Falcon," Gonzalez said. "I know there were trade rumors out there. I didn't ask for a trade. That wasn't me. I signed up and this is the team that ... I came back to play with these guys on the team. And I'm enjoying myself, win, lose or draw.

"Obviously I'd rather win. It makes it a lot more fun. But there is no way I would think about jumping ship because I love playing for this team, I love playing for this city.''

Falcons coach Mike Smith previously told ESPN.com the idea of trading Gonzalez was "preposterous."

Gonzalez will be Matt Ryan's top target with Julio Jones out for the season following foot surgery and Roddy White recovering from a hamstring injury. Gonzalez is the team's second-leading receiver with 33 catches for 339 yards and a team-leading three touchdowns.

Gonzalez was pressed on whether he might be enticed to want to join a contender before the Oct. 29 trade deadline if the 1-4 Falcons continue to lose. The initial trade speculation was linked to the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs, Gonzalez's former team.

"I would never go and ask [the Falcons] for a trade,'' Gonzalez said. "And if that's something that they wanted to do to help their franchise, that's up to them. But it wouldn't be coming from me.

"Like I said, I came back to play with these guys. I have great relationships with these guys. ... These guys are friends that I'll call for the rest of my life. Like I said, I'm not going to jump ship. I'm not saying, 'Things are bad around here, so I'm out of here.' ''

Gonzalez, who decided not to retire in order to chase an elusive Super Bowl ring this season, is still due a little over $4.5 million this season.

Although he received plenty of calls from friends and family members about the trade speculation, Gonzalez said he wasn't fazed.

"That's how it works,'' he said. "That's media and that's fans. It's fun, for them to speculate and talk about that type of stuff. I really honestly didn't pay too much mind to it. I guess there was an article that had me quoted from one of those fake websites. Like I said, it's all fun.''

Read this carefully his thoughts are changing... Now he's saying if the falcons decide to do it he's ok with it...the ball is rolling I might be getting my hopes up but this seems real

Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!
    That's VERY interesting. It almost sounds like he is trying to say something by NOT saying it. The line that really tells me a lot is this one: When asked specifically about going back to the Chiefs, he said "And if that's something that they [the Falcons] wanted to do to help their franchise, that's up to them. But it wouldn't be coming from me."

And this line is also intriguing: "I'm not saying, 'Things are bad around here, so I'm out of here.' ''

But he's not NOT saying that either!

Remember, Tony didn't leave the Chiefs because he disliked the organization or the city, or had a conflict with teammates. He left for one reason---to get a Super Bowl ring. He also "decided not to retire in order to chase an elusive Super Bowl ring this season."

How much is he worth to the Falcons when they are going nowhere and this is his last season, anyway? How much would he be worth to the Chiefs to come back and help out this offense? How much would he be worth just in PR for the Chiefs to have him come back here and retire where he started?

I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That's VERY interesting. It almost sounds like he is trying to say something by NOT saying it. The line that really tells me a lot is this one: When asked specifically about going back to the Chiefs, he said "And if that's something that they [the Falcons] wanted to do to help their franchise, that's up to them. But it wouldn't be coming from me."

And this line is also intriguing: "I'm not saying, 'Things are bad around here, so I'm out of here.' ''

But he's not NOT saying that either!

Remember, Tony didn't leave the Chiefs because he disliked the organization or the city, or had a conflict with teammates. He left for one reason---to get a Super Bowl ring. He also "decided not to retire in order to chase an elusive Super Bowl ring this season."

How much is he worth to the Falcons when they are going nowhere and this is his last season, anyway? How much would he be worth to the Chiefs to come back and help out this offense? How much would he be worth just in PR for the Chiefs to have him come back here and retire where he started?

I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! GREAT POST!!!! Anybody who has been a Chiefs fan for any length of time would love to see TG come back and play his last few games here.....except for that small group that hates TG for leaving in the first place. IF we had the cap space, and IF we didn't have to gut next year's draft in order to get him, I'd love it. But I really think it's pretty much like he said.....media and fan speculation. It sells newspapers, it lights up internet boards, it creates hype. And the media and the NFL LOVE hype.

I'm not a gambling man, but I'll tell you, if I knew where to get 1,000 to 1 odds I'd happily bet $100 that this doesn't happen. If I "won" the bet then I would be $100,000 richer. If I "lost" the bet we'd have TG for our playoff drive. Either way I'd win.

Anybody know a reputable gambling establishment where I can make this bet??????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast