Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And now for something completely different....

Default And now for something completely different....

Right off the bat let me identify the teams I hate. The Donks, Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, and any team from New York.

With that out of my chest, I have to make an observation about the NY Jets Atlanta Falcons Monday Night game. Everyone in our Football pool had picked the Falcons to beat the Jets. Everyone except one that is. This ONE dude is new to Football and really does not know what he's talking about.

So how did the hated Jets beat the Falcons? It's because they played in the Twilight Zone!

What's the first clue about this, you ask? try this:

Each starting quarterback bore the opposing head coach's last name!!!!!.... (Twilight Zone music...)

Discuss....

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

So what is the big difference from last year?

ANDY REID and the coaching staff he got to come here. ...
    They have made a huge difference but don't underestimate the importance of Alex Smith. He has the best won-lost record of anyone in the NFL except Peyton Manning since the start of the 2011 season. I know he doesn't put up big numbers or make eye-popping plays, but he takes what the defense gives him and nobody is better in a clock control/ball control offense.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

It was not my intention to denigrate anybody's contribution. Certainly not Alex Smith's. But if I were forced to identify the most important single factor in our turnaround this year, I would have to say that it was coaching and GM....or front office if you will. Reid has gotten far more out of the players we have than any coach in recent memory could have. Reid is getting that proverbial 110% from almost every player we have. Or anyway, that is the way I see it. With Reid, almost all our players seem to have turned into overachievers.

You are correct to say that the coaching is the single most important factor in this years turnaround. You also have to remember who the coach went after right after he got here, Alex Smith. Of course good coaches are important, but so is our QB.

I'll tell you what, ctchiefsfan and TopekaRoy, I'll quote myself from this thread posted a year ago:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...-PURGED!/page2

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but Pioli must go. All he's proven to me is that when it comes to being a GM, he couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot if the directions were on the heal of the boot itself.

Three7s is quite correct to hold the Chiefs brass accountable for what they've done and have failed to do since Pioli became GM.
    Was I right or wrong? You decide, and please remember to compare 1-4 in 2012 and going nowhere to 5-0 with room to grow in 2013.

Bottom line is the Front Office led by Dorsey/Reid went right after Alex Smith and they didn't stop there & brought in a solid core of FA's and draftees to add to what was already here to help Alex out.

Absolutely. NO DOUBT Alex Smith was a huge improvement to the team. But if I had to pick one single thing that has been the biggest factor in our turn-around I would point at getting Reid to come to KC. Everything else has flowed from that. Our entire coaching staff has improved greatly. Dorsey was Reid's choice for GM. Alex Smith was Reid's choice for QB. In a bizarre sort of way, Reid acted almost as our coach and GM for a while in that he was pretty much responsible for Dorsey coming here along with all the new coaching staff.

Of course, I could be wrong and it could be more Alex Smith than Reid, but right or wrong, I am surely enjoying the results.

Want to see something even weirder??!! Choose a number between 1-9. Then multiply that number by 3. Now, add three to that number. Multiply by 3 again. Take the number you get and add the 2 digits together. The sum will reveal the game result you want to see most this Sunday from the list below!

1. Jamaal Charles Scores 3 TDs
    2. Justin Houston Gets 3 Sacks
    3. Alex Smith Throws 3 TDs
    4. Eric Berry Gets 2 INTs
    5. Chiefs Lose/Break World Record
    6. Chiefs Lose/Don't Break World Record
    7. Chiefs Tie/Break World Record
    8. Chiefs Tie/Don't Break World Recod
    9. Chiefs Win/Break World Record
    10. Chiefs Win/Don't break World Record

Isn't that something?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Amazing how it gets it right every time!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12