Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury update

Default Injury update

Kelce had arthroscopic surgery on his knee & may be lost for the year -- that's bad news.

Eric Fisher returned to practice today -- that's good news.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-out-practice

I wish those idiotic columnists over at nfl.com would quit making Fisher out to be some sort of scapegoat. FFS, he hasn't played 4 full games, is playing out of position, and he isn't the only player on the Chiefs O-Line to have struggles from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Good news about Fisher. Yeah, he is still struggling but I think the o-line is better with him in it. It's important for him to play to further his development.
    Couldn't agree more and I just saw an interview with Andy Reid and Reid said Fisher's back practicing, but they don't know what's going to happen with Kelce as far as IR or whatever, yet.

I didn't think Arthroscopic surgery was that serious, a 6 to 8 week thing at most. I'd like to know exactly what they DID to his knee. Can you do something as major as re-attaching tendons arthroscopically (is that a word?) or do you have to open up the knee for that? Maybe Jap1 can shed some light on the procedure.

If anyone gets any more detailed info, please post it in this thread.

Good news about Fisher. Yeah, he is still struggling but I think the o-line is better with him in it. It's important for him to play to further his development.
    Well considering that we are nearly six weeks into the season that would be nearly the entire rest of the season.

As excitipated as I am about this season I would like to remind everyone that going from "worst to Superbowl winners" was not part of Reid or Dorsey's plan. They have a plan to get us there, but not this year. It's not impossible, but it's not expected. If he has said it once, he has said it 1,000 times......Reid says we have a long way to go. And that includes players and experience. Reid/Dorsey made a LOT of moves this year both in the draft and on the waiver wire. And they have made a huge difference when we have taken injuries. Amazing what we picked up this year on the "scrap heap". Dorsey seems to find scraps and Reid seems to turn them into gold.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fasano didn't practice Wednesday, and this is news to me, Houston didn't practice as he had a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well considering that we are nearly six weeks into the season that would be nearly the entire rest of the season.
    Right, but he would still be available for the last couple of weeks and the playoffs (if we make them).

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Fasano didn't practice Wednesday, and this is news to me, Houston didn't practice as he had a concussion
    Where did you hear about Houston? Do you have a link?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Where did you hear about Houston? Do you have a link?
    Watch the video of Andy Reid on this page. According to Reid, it doesn't sound serious and they just took precautions -- at least for today. We'll know more tomorrow.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...9-f08816f7bf0d

I didn't think Arthroscopic surgery was that serious, a 6 to 8 week thing at most. I'd like to know exactly what they DID to his knee. Can you do something as major as re-attaching tendons arthroscopically (is that a word?) or do you have to open up the knee for that? Maybe Jap1 can shed some light on the procedure.

You called?

So, arthroscopic surgery just means that they put a camera in his knee and looked around. It could have been just that (a look around) or something as major as a ligament, meniscus or cartilage repair. The arthroscopy alone without anything else (extremely rare) would oonly put you down for a couple weeks as you wait for the swelling to resolve. If they repaired or cut anything, that could be weeks to months. I haven't heard anything specific about him other than he had a bone bruise earlier in the season. I suspect that they were afraid that bone bruise also had some cartilage damage and went in for a check. If that is the case, he would be down for anywhere from 6 wks if they just cleaned up the frayed edges, to 3 months if they had to do something like microfracture.

I will try to find out some specific info on his surgery and get back to you guys.

Right, but he would still be available for the last couple of weeks and the playoffs (if we make them).
    Gotcha.

From what they said on the radio 810 this morning. They just scoped his Knee to clean out some tissue. They will monitor the swelling in his knee as the season goes on to make an evaluations on him.

The bigger news is that Justion Houston has been out all week. He is listed on the Injury report with Concussion. Andy Reid said yesterday that he was hit in the neck so they are holding him out to be safe.

The injury bug is biting us pretty hard this year. Hope he goes elsewhere.....and QUICK!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast