Thread: PBS: League of Denail: The NFL Concussion crisis

Default PBS: League of Denail: The NFL Concussion crisis

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...gue-of-denial/

I would post this in the locker room, but no one would see it. A great documentary. 2 hours long so find some time to watch. (this was the documentary that the NFL made ESPN back out of)

I'm not too smart, never did finish college, but I will offer my thoughts on the video I just wasted 2 hours on.......

I don't need to be smart to know that if you put a football helmet on me and whack me with a baseball bat 10 times per week for several years that I am going to suffer some brain damage.

I don't need to be smart to know that if I am a coal miner I have an elevated chance of contracting black lung.

I don't need to be smart to know that the cigarettes I have smoked for 38 years will increase my chances of dying of lung cancer.

Nobody forces football players to play football.

Nobody forces a coal miner to be a coal miner.

Nobody has forced me to smoke.

Life is full of choices.

Football players like everybody else have free will and make their own choices.

Never forget that from the moment that your heart first beats while you are inside you mother's womb......you have started dying. None of us will avoid it. What we do while we are getting there is our choice.

And that is what I have to say about this.

The fact the NFL denied this stuff is terrible. Yes, you have a choice to play, but sit back and be the top of the NFL and say "nope, you can't prove it" is sad

Also this isn't about Players playing, its about the NFL denying everything.

No desire to argue, and it is certainly terrible that the NFL tried to deny it, but as I said, if someone like me can figure out that getting whacked on the head can cause brain damage then I am sure that someone better educated than me can figure it out. To be honest, I find claims by NFL players that they had no idea that playing football could cause brain damage to be just a wee bit disingenuous. Whether you want to call the NFL a business or a sport, whatever it is it is tough and brutal and anybody that graduates college should have enough sense to know that you are going to pay a very stiff physical price for making your living that way.