Thread: WOW!!!!!! Defense and Special Teams!!!!!!

Default WOW!!!!!! Defense and Special Teams!!!!!!

Just toying with some numbers and I realized just how GREAT our Defense and Special Teams are......

DEFENSE.....

Our opponents have score a total of 65 points.

Our Defense has scored a total of 21 points (3 Pick 6's)

That means our defense has scored 32.3% (rounded) as many points for us as our opponents have scored against us.

That means our defense scores 2.26 points for us for every TD our opponents score against us.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special Teams.......

Our opponents have scored a total of 65 points.

Our Special Teams have scored a total of 14 points (1 punt return for TD and one muffed punt recovered for TD)

That means our Special Teams have scored 21.5% (rounded) as many points as our opponents have scored against us.

That means our Special Teams score 1.50 points for every TD our opponents scored against us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combine those numbers and our Defense and Special Teams have scored 35 points.

That means our Defense and Special Teams have scored 53.846% (rounded) as many points as our opponents have scored.

That means our Offense only needs to score 3.77 points for every TD our opponents score.

In short, so far, if our offense scores 4 points for every TD our opponents score then we win every game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I am being too anal with the numbers here, but I am having a really hard time wrapping my brain around just how good our Defense and Special Teams are. On average, they are scoring almost half the points we need to win!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!

Really crossing fingers that the Offense will come together & become efficient on a regular basis, as well, because if they do, then the sky is the limit for this years Chiefs team. The tools are there, they just got to get them working.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Offense is hurting. They are the only part of the team that is not playing "LIGHTS OUT".

Alex likes to throw to tight ends and we are hurting for tight ends.

Our Offensive line is.....well.....not what any of us would like it to be. And that is making life difficult for both Alex and JC.

Bowe......I'll leave it that he is starting to annoy me. Too much money for not enough production. TRUE....he is not getting a ton of balls thrown his way, but we are getting better production from "rejects" and rookies. No offense to Bowe fans, but I am smelling trade bait next season. That will be when we are looking for our 2cond SuperBowl in a row!!!!!!!!!!!

DEATH TO FOREHEADS AND DONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!

The TE's only caught 1 pass today and that was one by Brock. Where was McGrath, today? Need to get Fasano healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The TE's only caught 1 pass today and that was one by Brock. Where was McGrath, today? Need to get Fasano healthy.
    Agreed. Our TE corps shows up in their own special ambulance. That needs to change!

Bowe doesn't need to get open to catch a ball. Bowe isn't a separation type of guy, he's a go up and get it type of receiver. Which is exactly the opposite type of QB that Alex likes to be, but I assume if we are trailing by 2 or more scores all of a sudden Bowe gets a ton more balls thrown his way

I am not sure what game it was, but I am pretty sure the Chiefs Defense has also scored on a fumble recovery. Not including the Cooper SPecial teams fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure what game it was, but I am pretty sure the Chiefs Defense has also scored on a fumble recovery. Not including the Cooper SPecial teams fumble.
    There was a Punt return TD, but thus far, the only fumble recovery TD thus far was by Cooper on Special teams. Defense has had 3 pick-sixes by Hali, Berry, and Abdullah.

My numbers may not have been exactly right as I was tired from a long night at the restaurant and I did this from memory. These were the only points I could remember our Defense and Special Teams scoring. I thought there was another TD, but try as I did, I could not remember one. No doubt, field position we have been given by Special Teams and Defense have played an important role in our Offense scoring points, but for this thread I wanted to look strictly at points actually scored by our Defense and Special Teams.

I did notice in reviewing what I wrote that I fumble-fingered my calculator last night. In actuality through the first 6 games, on average, if our Offense had scored just 3.24 points for every TD our opponents scored we would have still won. I will go back and edit my original post.

How many teams can claim that their Defense and Special Teams are actually scoring 5.83 points per game?

Colts not looking good. Stupid chucky sucking rivers nads!!! Diego getting stupid drive saving flags!!