Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guinness world record -Arrowhead Stadium

Default Guinness world record -Arrowhead Stadium

ATTENTION ALL KC CHIEFS FANS!!!

Some of you may not know, but a local Facebook group was able to schedule the people at Guinness World Records to come and record the crowd noise level at Arrowhead Stadium during the Chiefs/Raiders game this weekend. The Seattle Seahawks recently broke the record during one of their home games with a decibel level of 136.6. We must beat this record. Seattle only had a little over 68,000 fans in attendance. Arrowhead holds a little over 76,400. We must fill Arrowhead to its capacity and cheer like never before. We must take that record from them and claim the world record as the loudest stadium on Earth!! So spread the word to every Chiefs fan you know no matter where they are. Share this post and/or copy and paste it anywhere and everywhere. Thanks and GO CHIEFS!!

-Posted from Terrorhead Returns

Ears are literally still ringing.

At first I thought this was kind of gimmicky but I have to admit that this brought awareness to needing to be loud for the defense. In doing so the crowd absolutely rattled the faiders and contributed to the win, whether or not that would have happened before I don't know but I will say that was a great atmosphere to be a part of, the record is nice too but the fan interaction is the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The official record was set at 137.5 during the pick 6 play by Abdullah. Congratulations Chiefs fans!
    While I'm most happy for the win, I also recognize that the crowd noise was a very big part of it.

The "12th man" played a CRITICAL role in this win!!!!! Make no mistake about it, crowd noise assisted our defense in a BIG way today!!!!! My hat is off to Connie Jo and everybody else that organized the Facebook TERRORHEADS page and organized this drive for big noise. All you have to do is look at all the Raider penalties on offense to know that the 12th man REALLY REALLY REALLY mattered in this win!!!!!

My most sincere congratulations to every fan that was at Arrowhead today and the TERRORHEAD folks for helping our CHIEFS today.

It looked like there was a number of Raiders fans there, so I am guessing it could get louder. However, one thing I am very annoyed with. WTF do we start the wave or tomahawk chop chant when our offense is on the field. It was 3rd and 5. The Chiefs fans are Tomahawk chanting, and we took a delay of game. Wait until the game is comletely out of hand and during a critical drive. We settled for a field goal instead putting us up by 10. At that point, that drive was very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It looked like there was a number of Raiders fans there, so I am guessing it could get louder. However, one thing I am very annoyed with. WTF do we start the wave or tomahawk chop chant when our offense is on the field. It was 3rd and 5. The Chiefs fans are Tomahawk chanting, and we took a delay of game. Wait until the game is comletely out of hand and during a critical drive. We settled for a field goal instead putting us up by 10. At that point, that drive was very important.
    I couldn't figure that one out either. The Tomahawk chop, as far as I remember, was always when the Defense took the field.

It kind of reminded me of when Packer fans were doing the wave back around '89 when the Pack had their Offense on the field, and a Packer Defensive player named Tim Harris was filmed yelling at the crowd "You're not supposed to do the wave when the Offense is on the field". And Tim Harris was right.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I couldn't figure that one out either. The Tomahawk chop, as far as I remember, was always when the Defense took the field.

It kind of reminded me of when Packer fans were doing the wave back around '89 when the Pack had their Offense on the field, and a Packer Defensive player named Tim Harris was filmed yelling at the crowd "You're not supposed to do the wave when the Offense is on the field". And Tim Harris was right.
    I hear other teams cheering and stuff while their offense is on the field and always thought to myself, look how stupid those fans are. They don't even know how to affect a game and I had alwasy prided arrowhead to being a more educated fan base. I guess I was wrong, as that is not the first time they have done that.

Eh......cool we got, but i don't want this to be the only thing chiefs fanbase hangs their hats on

Yeah we didn't win a playoff game since 1993, but we are the loudest fan base..............

Yesterday it was DAMN nice to here that crowd again. That's what I grew up with. The crowd played a factor. I haven't seen that in a LONG LONG time. You could actually see that they were being a part of the game. Haven't seen that in a long time. Instead we have seen empty seats blackouts and the likes. It was really nice to see that hope it's just as good next week.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yesterday it was DAMN nice to here that crowd again. That's what I grew up with. The crowd played a factor. I haven't seen that in a LONG LONG time. You could actually see that they were being a part of the game. Haven't seen that in a long time. Instead we have seen empty seats blackouts and the likes. It was really nice to see that hope it's just as good next week.
    Let's hope we're even louder! No doubt in my mind that the crowd helped the D yesterday!!!!

Terrorhead was far more than setting a Guiness world record. This franchise is one season apart from the BlackOut Arrowhead movement. This group of dedicated fans reunited Chiefs Kingdom. It was an awesome day all around and a part of Arrowhead history. I am proud to have been at this game with my daughter (her first game at Arrowhead) The 12th man plays a role in wins ar Arrowhead...the record and the win went hand in hand on Sunday.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast