Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 thoughts

Default Game 6 thoughts

The good

THE DEFENSE Don't need to go into detail we all know what they did.

THE FREAKING LOUDEST CROWD EVER. They made an impact in the game it was clear as day. Great to see that at arrowhead again

THE BAD
    The offense from top to bottom had a bad game. Alex Smith clearly let the offensive line struggles get in his head and as a QB you can't do that. The WRs most the game weren't getting open and the O line stunk most the game.

The defense the one thing that is bad there is they continue to have trouble with Qbs that can run. They have to improve on that but that's about the only thing you can say they have to work on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We had ten. 9 ahead of any team so far for the league.
    We still get no live.. I gate Steve muche..Shannon sharp Sapp they can all kiss my ars

Oh and Tomlinson can suck my nutters!!! They all make ne sick

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Okay, somebody explain to me how a team can have 10 and a half sacks. I understand a player can have a .5 sack when two players sack the QB at the same time, but how can a team have half a sack? What does a half sack look like? Did someone on the Raiders offense have the other half or that half sack? I don't get it.

Also when you say "have, half and sack" over and over again, it starts to sound really weird!
    He was sacked only 10 times but on one sack two people sacked him. They gave one guy a sack and credited the other just half sack for helping on sack.

I believe atleast. Though you coukd say they both just get half sack but not sure exactly.

Yeah all the analyst guys dont believe in us cuz were not scoring alot of points and dont like our wr's. They do make some points but you also have to consider they didnt watch the whole games and there only analizing from the highlights.

I think that suddenly being thin at the TE position was evident today.

Today's game was the same type of relentless Defensive struggle that occurred in the last AFL Championship game on Jan 4, 1970 when the Chiefs beat the Raiders 17-7 and headed off to Super Bowl IV. They won ugly, but the Defense was a thing of beauty to watch. The Raiders got out to a 7-0 lead in that game, as well. But, same as today, the 7-0 lead was the Raiders last look at the sun before the coming storm.

One difference, though, was the Chiefs didn't have the home crowd behind them in that last AFL Championship game.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-13-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Today's game was the same type of relentless Defensive struggle that occurred in the last AFL Championship game on Jan 4, 1970 when the Chiefs beat the Raiders 17-7 and headed off to Super Bowl IV. They won ugly, but the Defense was a thing of beauty to watch. The Raiders got out to a 7-0 lead in that game, as well. But, same as today, the 7-0 lead was the Raiders last look at the sun before the coming storm.

One difference, though, was the Chiefs didn't have the home crowd behind them in that last AFL Championship game.
    Hence the reason we won this game 24-7 rather than 17-7. The 12th man bought us 7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Hence the reason we won this game 24-7 rather than 17-7. The 12th man bought us 7 points.
    Yes, the pick six.

Come to think of it, the Raiders last Offensive play today had the same result as the Raiders last Offensive play in the last AFL Championship game --- the Raiders QB getting decked for a loss.

Your memory is FAR better than mine!!!! But y'know....that is the way EVERY game at Arrowhead should end......with a sack of the opposing quarterback!!!!!!

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

^^That last AFL Championship game on January 4, 1970 was the one Chiefs game I'll never forget. I would pay as much as 500.00 to get a full replay of the NBC broadcast of that game, commercials included. Curt Gowdy and Kyle Rote and Charlie Jones were on hand to call that game.

Today's game against the Raiders had a few similarities to that last AFL Championship game.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast