Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 thoughts

Default Game 6 thoughts

The good

THE DEFENSE Don't need to go into detail we all know what they did.

THE FREAKING LOUDEST CROWD EVER. They made an impact in the game it was clear as day. Great to see that at arrowhead again

THE BAD
    The offense from top to bottom had a bad game. Alex Smith clearly let the offensive line struggles get in his head and as a QB you can't do that. The WRs most the game weren't getting open and the O line stunk most the game.

The defense the one thing that is bad there is they continue to have trouble with Qbs that can run. They have to improve on that but that's about the only thing you can say they have to work on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm a Dwaine Bowe fan for sure. But he's a catch-in-traffic/Run-for-yards type of receiver. Alex is too cautious to toss many his way. We need a speed guy who knows how to separate. We keep plugging them in from other teams almost every year but they seem to forget how they did it before when they get here. Maybe there's a reason their former teams part with them. Once we put a true 'separator' (just coined a term) across from Bowe, he will be left a bit more open and Alex will toss some his way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I'm a Dwaine Bowe fan for sure. But he's a catch-in-traffic/Run-for-yards type of receiver. Alex is too cautious to toss many his way. We need a speed guy who knows how to separate. We keep plugging them in from other teams almost every year but they seem to forget how they did it before when they get here. Maybe there's a reason their former teams part with them. Once we put a true 'separator' (just coined a term) across from Bowe, he will be left a bit more open and Alex will toss some his way too.
    there's more to being a deep threat speed guy, they still need to be able to run routes

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

Here's the thing with Bowe and why I'm so hard on him and don't put as much on Smith as on Bowe

Bowe has always had games where he just didn't show up here are just a few

2010 in the 2 games against the Chargers he had a combined 2 catches for 16 yards he had 2 catches for 33 yards against the colts and dropped a td pass I remember being so pissed at him for that drop

2011 he had 2 catches for 17 yards against both the bills and the donkeys

This is a habit that Bowe has..

This year has been more then the past so it's very fair to put a little on Smith but Bowe has a history of coming up small
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think that the biggest part of Bowe's contribution to the offense this year has been keeping opposing defenses uncertain. Our other receivers have been making most of the catches, but the opposing D knows that they can't lay off Bowe to cover the others because they will get burned if they do.

That said, with Bowe's lowered production it seems to me that other teams will start to gamble a bit more with Bowe to put more pressure on the other receivers. I'd surely like to see Bowe have a big week the next two weeks to force opposing defenses to watch him REAL CAREFULLY.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    there's more to being a deep threat speed guy, they still need to be able to run routes
    That's what I meant by "knows how to separate."

Well nows the time to go out and pick up a good receiver from a team whose playoff hopes are over with, NYG probably going to deal nicks. Depends on our playoff hopes I think with our current receivers were not going to the Super Bowl but I also think we are a tight end and a great receiver away from dominating

Is it tight ends and receivers we need or O-line?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    We need our TES to get healthy we need our O line just to do SOMETHING but if there's something that we can trade for It's WR I don't see Atlanta trading Tony so it's just not happening but with Nicks on the block I think Dorsey should be making a call

I don't see it happening but that's the trade we could make to help the team now. It would be HUGE.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    It's leaning more towards WR's and TE's. The problem is that nobody was getting open. Hemingway is not being used in the slot often enough. I thought that he would after his TD catch in week one, but he's disappeared since then.

I do think the O-Line could be a bit better, but they weren't bad in the last 3 QTR's of yesterdays game.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We need our TES to get healthy we need our O line just to do SOMETHING but if there's something that we can trade for It's WR I don't see Atlanta trading Tony so it's just not happening but with Nicks on the block I think Dorsey should be making a call

I don't see it happening but that's the trade we could make to help the team now. It would be HUGE.

Sorry, but it doesn't look like Nicks is going anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-being-shopped

Maybe Nicks might be available in FA, but the Chiefs need a WR that has game-breaking speed and can get open and catch the ball. We may have to wait for next year.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-14-2013 at 11:48 PM.

I dunno guys......

Lots of "talk" floating around....TG....Nicks...murmurs of others.....but y'know, we are a GOOD team. And we're fairly young. And I want to "WIN NOW" as much as anyone....but do we really want to shell out draft picks for someone who might only last 1/2 a season or maybe 1 1/2 seasons? I have a feeling that Reid and Dorsey are trying to build a 10 year dynasty rather than a one hit wonder.

I trust 'em. I think they are going to get us at least a playoff win this year, a SuperBowl win real soon and a team we can really go nuts over for the next 10 years.

I'm more confident leaving this sort of a decision to them rather than me saying what they should do.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast