Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 thoughts

Default Game 6 thoughts

The good

THE DEFENSE Don't need to go into detail we all know what they did.

THE FREAKING LOUDEST CROWD EVER. They made an impact in the game it was clear as day. Great to see that at arrowhead again

THE BAD
    The offense from top to bottom had a bad game. Alex Smith clearly let the offensive line struggles get in his head and as a QB you can't do that. The WRs most the game weren't getting open and the O line stunk most the game.

The defense the one thing that is bad there is they continue to have trouble with Qbs that can run. They have to improve on that but that's about the only thing you can say they have to work on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

In order for the human ear to distinguish a change in sound level, the difference has to be MORE THAN 3 decibals. Arrowhead is 137.5 decibals while a jet engine is 140. 140-137.5=2.5 Therefore, Arrowhead is just as loud as a jet engine to anyone who hears them.
    Anybody who tests that theory (Arrowhead vs. Jet Engine) will go deaf trying to find those missing decibels...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The Raiders have a pretty good defense. Each week, the opposing defenses have offered different problems for the Chiefs. While the overall defensive stats don't necessarily show it, all the defenses have caused the Chiefs problems. The Titans are good, the Cowboys and Giants have great players to account for. The Raiders are relentless in their pass rush. It's not like the Chiefs have had cake-walk defenses to just mow over.
    Agreed. We did not play a pushover team today. Still think we've got aways to go roster-wise before we'll have a truly dominant team on both sides of the ball, but really happy with how this offense rolls with the punches and still manages to get W's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Anybody who tests that theory (Arrowhead vs. Jet Engine) will go deaf trying to find those missing decibels...

Agreed. We did not play a pushover team today. Still think we've got aways to go roster-wise before we'll have a truly dominant team on both sides of the ball, but really happy with how this offense rolls with the punches and still manages to get W's.
    Agreed. I think it bears stating that there are two undefeated teams left in the NFL and their both in the AFC West, and it speaks volumes about the strength of our division.

Here's the thing: No matter what people like to say to the contrary, playoff games are STILL won on the defensive side of the football. The Chiefs have enough on the defensive side to get them a couple playoff wins. Things will start to get real if Reid can find a way to get this offense performing at a league average level. Honestly, the Broncos have struggled on offense this year. For the Chiefs to have a chance against them, they need to get their offense performing at a higher level than the Denver defense because I think the Chiefs are going to wreak havoc on that offense with their patchwork O-line, our bump and run defense, and relentless pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed. I think it bears stating that there are two undefeated teams left in the NFL and their both in the AFC West, and it speaks volumes about the strength of our division.
    ... or the weakness of our respective schedules considering they're the two easiest in the league to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ... or the weakness of our respective schedules considering they're the two easiest in the league to this point.
    Good point, and well taken.

I LOVED the Alex Smith scramble that ended in that huge pass to Bowe. Thought he showed up to play today and that play showed a ton of effort. BEAUTIFUL diving catch. Avery was playing hurt and it showed. Chiefs have the ability to be great offensively, they just haven't been able to put it together yet. Also we've all said it before the season started, our offense isn't expected to really gel until the halfway point of the season, but with all the injuries we might have prolonged that

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I LOVED the Alex Smith scramble that ended in that huge pass to Bowe. Thought he showed up to play today and that play showed a ton of effort. BEAUTIFUL diving catch. Avery was playing hurt and it showed. Chiefs have the ability to be great offensively, they just haven't been able to put it together yet. Also we've all said it before the season started, our offense isn't expected to really gel until the halfway point of the season, but with all the injuries we might have prolonged that
    When was the last time you saw an ESPN highlight showing a Chiefs receiver 7 yards behind the other team's D and catching a pass for a free run to the end zone? We see it for other teams every week. When I see one of those starring a KC receiver, I'll agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    When was the last time you saw an ESPN highlight showing a Chiefs receiver 7 yards behind the other team's D and catching a pass for a free run to the end zone? We see it for other teams every week. When I see one of those starring a KC receiver, I'll agree with you.
    yeah, there is certainly a gap in talent between offense and defense, I think our offense is a draft and free agency period away from where Reid wants it to be

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Len Dawson sees it the same way you do, as he's forever pointing out that the Chiefs receivers aren't getting separation from opposing defenders. And they never seem to ever run the 15-20 comeback routes which might have been effective yesterday against the Raiders man-to-man coverage.

its much easier for a defense to get together quicker then a offense. the offense is timming and alot more packages... they will come around.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast