Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 thoughts

Default Game 6 thoughts

The good

THE DEFENSE Don't need to go into detail we all know what they did.

THE FREAKING LOUDEST CROWD EVER. They made an impact in the game it was clear as day. Great to see that at arrowhead again

THE BAD
    The offense from top to bottom had a bad game. Alex Smith clearly let the offensive line struggles get in his head and as a QB you can't do that. The WRs most the game weren't getting open and the O line stunk most the game.

The defense the one thing that is bad there is they continue to have trouble with Qbs that can run. They have to improve on that but that's about the only thing you can say they have to work on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Haven't we already had 4 or 5 game clinching late drives or come from behind late drives with Smith behind the wheel this year? How many do you remember with Cassel?

I don't think Smith has done it when we were losing, just a seal the deal (i could be wrong). And Cassel.............. i want to say a thursday game he did with NE but thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I don't think Smith has done it when we were losing, just a seal the deal (i could be wrong). And Cassel.............. i want to say a thursday game he did with NE but thats about it
    Titians game he did. The d had at bad 3rd gave up the lead. He took them down the field and got the lead back.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Titians game he did. The d had at bad 3rd gave up the lead. He took them down the field and got the lead back.
    Who are the Titians ?!? (j/k)

A lot of people seem to overlook the fact a lot of these late 2nd/4th qtr scoring drives were led by Alex Smith. Yes, our defense has put us in GREAT positions at teams, as well as Colquitt & special teams...But when the ball gets handed over to the offense they are the ones that have to execute & when it mattered, Smith delivered.

OH LORD!!!!! When I first saw Hayvern's post I thought I had a lot I wanted to say.....but on further reflection I decided to just shut up and see if the dog would keep sleeping. It didn't so I am going to chime in.

I LIKE Matt Cassel. But I don't want him to be our QB. We have a better QB now.

Not going to get into a "statistics match", 'cause any fool can mold statistics to suit their purpose. I respect Hayvern enough not to play that stupid game.

But in the end, I am a CHIEFS FAN and I want the very best QB we can realistically have. And Matt Cassel ain't it. His fault? Coaching fault? O-Line fault? I dunno. I don't care. Matt Cassel was DONE in KC. No hope. Stick a fork in him. ALL DONE.

Had we kept Cassel with our new coaching, would we have been 6-0? Maybe. But I doubt it. But that word "doubt" is only an opinion.

Can Alex Smith get us where we want to go......at least a playoff win this year?
    I don't know. Neither does anyone else. Only time is going to tell. Any idiot with a google button can "prove" he will. And any other idiot with a google button can "prove" he won't.

But I do KNOW a few things.......

1) Alex Smith is our QB

2) We are 6 and damned 0 with Alex Smith under center!!!!!!!!!!

3) Alex Smith is our QB and if healthy will be for at least the rest of this season.

4) I am a CHIEFS FAN so I am behind Alex Smith 100%.

Are there better QBs than Alex Smith? NO DOUBT.

Would we have been better off keeping Matt Cassel? Not in any drunkard's or drug addict's wildest dreams.

Cassel had to go....just like Pioli and the coaching staff had to go.

Can Alex Smith win us a Superbowl? DUNNO. But I DO know that once the playoffs start all bets are off. We have all seen Wild Card teams win the SuperBowl.

Do I wish we had one of the Manning brothers or any of the greats from the last 40 years? SURE.

But Alex Smith was the best we could get under the circumstances, we are winning games and I'm GLAD he is our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Who are the Titians ?!? (j/k)

A lot of people seem to overlook the fact a lot of these late 2nd/4th qtr scoring drives were led by Alex Smith. Yes, our defense has put us in GREAT positions at teams, as well as Colquitt & special teams...But when the ball gets handed over to the offense they are the ones that have to execute & when it mattered, Smith delivered.
    This.

I knew I wasn't dreaming those late game drives.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I LIKE Matt Cassel. But I don't want him to be our QB. We have a better QB now.

Matt Cassel was DONE in KC. No hope. Stick a fork in him. ALL DONE.

Would we have been better off keeping Matt Cassel? Not in any drunkard's or drug addict's wildest dreams.

Cassel had to go....just like Pioli and the coaching staff had to go.
    Cassel was just relegated to 3rd string in Minnesota.

Smith>Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    This.

I knew I wasn't dreaming those late game drives.
    Really only the people who haven't wanted to see it have missed it for the most part.

There is so much of the bad about the offense that is being talked about by us all but it hasn't been as bad as many think. Alex hasn't been as bad. A simple check of his game logs shows that. What hasn't been taken in account is what Alex has done with his legs when it all breaks down. Take that into account and he has been over 300 yards in offense twice. It hasn't been as bad as what some think
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The only problem with Alex Smith is that he isn't "flashy". He doesn't get a whole lot of highlights footage. He's just good and reliable. And since 2011 he JUST WINS! Good enough for me......at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Really only the people who haven't wanted to see it have missed it for the most part.

There is so much of the bad about the offense that is being talked about by us all but it hasn't been as bad as many think. Alex hasn't been as bad. A simple check of his game logs shows that. What hasn't been taken in account is what Alex has done with his legs when it all breaks down. Take that into account and he has been over 300 yards in offense twice. It hasn't been as bad as what some think
    Good points...Now that you bring up numbers...Lately a lot of teams have posted 200-250 yard passing games. Maybe it's a sign of teams passing less to avoid INT's, or maybe just better rushing games, but it seems to be a trend this year.

Unbelievable.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast