Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a touch annoyed

Default Feeling a touch annoyed

I know everyone makes excuses for losing, he'll we have been pretty good at it here for years. However why is no one paying attention to all the injuries we have had. We have no tight end, fisher just got back from a concussion, Albert played hurt. No Flowers. It's not like we are exactly healthy.

With that said I like not getting the praise, reason to play with a chip. I just think this D is gonna be Peyton's nightmare. Marcus cooper is just getting better, gets beat twice, learns and then jumps the route. Flowers on welker they have a back up LT. I really think we sweep them. Our D is that good.

I kind of thought that was where you were going with this. Here is how I look at it.

Opponents have scored an average of 10.834 points per game.

Our offense has scored an average of 19.5 points per game.

So, our offense has outscored our opponents by an average of 8.67 points per game.

Our offense has outscored opposing teams by a little more than a touchdown per game.

There is no doubt that our Defense is the driving factor behind our 6-0 record. They have scored points, gotten us field position and kept our opponents from scoring. They are doing an AMAZING JOB!

The opponents we have played have certainly helped too. None of them are exactly setting the world on fire.

Even if you ignore the Jags game (28-2) our opponents have only scored 12.6 points per game against us. So eliminating the Jags game our opponents have still only scored 12.6 points per game. And we have outscored them by 6.9 point per game...basically, if you eliminate the Jags game our offense has still outscored our opponents by 1 touchdown per game.

Does that make us good enough to win the SuperBowl this year? I don't think so.

Does that make us good enough to make the playoffs? I think so.

Does that make us good enough to win a playoff game? I think so.

In the end we have become a pretty good team and have been helped by our last place schedule. We'll learn a lot about how good this team is when we play the Donkeys twice and the Colts once.

But for right now, 6 games into the season we have gone from 2-14 to 6-0 and being one of only 2 undefeated teams in the NFL. And that is pretty damn good.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Quick question about KC Offesne, how many points are they averaging (don't count defense TDs)?

I looked up the defense rank (yards/game) KC has played
    32. Eagles
    30. Cowboys
    24. Giants
    22. Jags
    13, Raiders
    10. Titans

17 against dallas just doesn't look great (can't remember if a D player scored a TD or not)
    This question intrigued me because I really enjoy playing with numbers and besides, my calculator get's lonely if I don't give it a regular workout.

So the first thing we need to do is what statisticians do. Throw out the low and the high.

This is easy. Throw out the Jags game. That was the game in which our Defense allowed the least points (2) and our Chiefs scored the most (28).

So points scored against the Chiefs becomes 63 instead of 65. Points scored by our offense becomes 21 points lower (Hali had a Pick-6 against the Jags). So points scored by our offense becomes 96. (117-21).

So throwing out the blowout against the Jags, our offense has outscored our opponents total points (including points scored by opponents D and ST) by 96-63.

Now divide this by 5 games (remember, we threw out the Jags game) and our offense has outscored opposing teams by an average of 19.2 points to 12.6 points. A difference of 6.6 points per game. Just less than a touchdown per game.....or if you prefer just more than 2 field goals per game).

Taking this a step further, out offense has outscored our opponents by an average (excluding the Jags game) of just over 52%.

Meaning that for every TD our opponents score, our offense scores over 10 points.

Without a doubt, this leads to close games. But it does put an end to the idea that without points scored by our D and ST that we would be losing games. WE WOULDN'T.

Our Defense is STIFLING!

Our offense is not spectacular, but they are getting the job done by scoring almost a touchdown and a field goal for every touchdown our opponents score. They have been GOOD ENOUGH against every opponent we have faced.

Are they going to be "good enough" against Denver, the Colts and whoever we face in the playoffs? Only the shadow knows.

But football is a team sport. Sometimes your D bails out your offense. Sometimes your Offense has to bail out your D.

Can our offense bail out our D? We don't know. Our D hasn't had a bad game yet.

Certainly we won't go undefeated through the regular season, playoffs and SuperBowl this year. BUT WE HAVE A DARNED GOOD TEAM AND WE HAVE A COACH WHO IS KNOWN FOR PROLIFIC OFFENSES. ONCE THIS OFFENSE GETS HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS THERE WILL NOT BE A TEAM IN THE ENTIRE NFL THAT CAN THINK OF A GAME AGAINST THE CHIEFS AS ANYTHING BUT A VERY VERY VERY TOUGH GAME.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 10-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

Without a doubt, this leads to close games. But it does put an end to the idea that without points scored by our D and ST that we would be losing games. WE WOULDN'T.

Add the name Dustin Colquitt to the list of reasons we are doing well. Actually, it's all of the above. This team is playing like A TEAM!!!! Enjoy it! I sure am.

The oline this and the oline that. Iv'e seen several games now where this line (and JC) have straight up knocked the others guys down the field with a time eating, game securing drive.

It's almost like we are in a time-warp and are in the 90's again. Great D and ST and ok O. Almost. I think this O gets going. I really believe Andy is holding his cards close to his vest! Week 11 is hold'em or fold'em time.

You are SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Defense is playing lights out! Our Offense is playing as well as they need to to win. But our Offense has shown flashes of brilliance when it was needed most. Just think about that drive against Oakland just before the half to tie the game.....and some of those LOOOOONG 4th quarter drives to put the game away. Despite the injuries, our offense has shown that when the game is on the line they will get the job done if the defense keeps it close. Reid has said many times that we have "a long way to go", but the pieces are there! Just need the Offense to give us more of what they have shown they can do.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like i said the record crowd noise thread, i follow teams that really underachieve and break fans hearts, It's awesome whats going on (6-0 is 6-0), but its that feeling that something might/will go wrong, also it was always said "Defense wins championships, but i'm starting to think with rules changing and owners/NFL wanting more ratings, a better offense will get you further, but we won't know til we get there. still have 10 games left.

If you are looking for a team that wins more championships than they lose....that team does not exist.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Denver, Denver, Denver.....you do know there are 3 teams we have to play before we play Denver. the more everyone seems to be ignoring Houston, Cleveland and buffalo thinking them easy wins and focuses on Denver the more I fear we lose 1 or more of those games rendering the Denver showdown game anticlimactic. let us not get ahead of ourselves, while thoughts of a trip to the playoffs may dance in our heads we need to win all the games we are supposed to and a few we aren't to make it happen
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Denver, Denver, Denver.....you do know there are 3 teams we have to play before we play Denver. the more everyone seems to be ignoring Houston, Cleveland and buffalo thinking them easy wins and focuses on Denver the more I fear we lose 1 or more of those games rendering the Denver showdown game anticlimactic. let us not get ahead of ourselves, while thoughts of a trip to the playoffs may dance in our heads we need to win all the games we are supposed to and a few we aren't to make it happen
    Precisely. I'm sick of hearing about Denver. The matchup with the Donks is still over a month away. The next opponent is Houston & they've struggled as of late and are looking to get back on track & I don't look for them to collapse the way they have the previous two games.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    so 117/6 = 19.5 points a game......

Some fans will look at that and say "well the D hasn't given up more than 17 points" but what happens when it does happen and the D and ST don't make a TD......The offense is going to be the achillies heel to this team, i don't see the D costing KC a playoff game.
    All in all at this point given a choice between what side of the ball to suck I take the O. Reid is an O guy and will eventually fix the O. If the D was our "achillies heel" I'd be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    All in all at this point given a choice between what side of the ball to suck I take the O. Reid is an O guy and will eventually fix the O. If the D was our "achillies heel" I'd be concerned.
    Absolutely!!!!!!! I've watched the Monday press conferences after several of the games and in every one Reid has said some variation on "The Offense has a ways to go". He has identified the problem and I am confident that he will get it fixed. I just hope he can make some real improvements this year. If we can get some better production out of the offense for at least the last 6 or 7 games, then I think we become a very serious contender.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast