Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Feeling a touch annoyed

Default Feeling a touch annoyed

I know everyone makes excuses for losing, he'll we have been pretty good at it here for years. However why is no one paying attention to all the injuries we have had. We have no tight end, fisher just got back from a concussion, Albert played hurt. No Flowers. It's not like we are exactly healthy.

With that said I like not getting the praise, reason to play with a chip. I just think this D is gonna be Peyton's nightmare. Marcus cooper is just getting better, gets beat twice, learns and then jumps the route. Flowers on welker they have a back up LT. I really think we sweep them. Our D is that good.

The key for us to beating the Broncos is goign to be how and when the Chief's defense puts up a stand. Our defense is really good against the pass and against the running back rush, we seem to have problems when it comes to mobile QBs. That is not going to be a problem with Manning, Manning is hardly mobile.

So then it comes down to how soft we are going to play their receivers. Welker is a short yardage receiver and if we play those short passes soft, Manning is going to tear us up. I am not worried about the long ball, but the short yardage pass, screen passes and over the middle short passes will kill us, and Manning is very very good about ball placement and throwing the ball where only his receivers can catch it.

That means our guys in the secondary and our middle linebackers are going to have to bring their A game to this game. We like to play man to man coverage, but we have to be on top of those receivers routes and there to break up those short yardage plays.

I think we can score 24 - 31 points against Denver, their defense is not the greatest that we have played, but we need our offense to mainly control the clock and keep Manning off the field. Getting the running game going (something we have had some issue with) is going to be the key to the offense. We need to score some points and get lots and lots of first downs to keep Manning off the field.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    we seem to have problems when it comes to mobile QBs. That is not going to be a problem with Manning, Manning is hardly mobile.

DAT SEC SPEED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The key for us to beating the Broncos is goign to be how and when the Chief's defense puts up a stand. Our defense is really good against the pass and against the running back rush, we seem to have problems when it comes to mobile QBs. That is not going to be a problem with Manning, Manning is hardly mobile.

So then it comes down to how soft we are going to play their receivers. Welker is a short yardage receiver and if we play those short passes soft, Manning is going to tear us up. I am not worried about the long ball, but the short yardage pass, screen passes and over the middle short passes will kill us, and Manning is very very good about ball placement and throwing the ball where only his receivers can catch it.

That means our guys in the secondary and our middle linebackers are going to have to bring their A game to this game. We like to play man to man coverage, but we have to be on top of those receivers routes and there to break up those short yardage plays.

I think we can score 24 - 31 points against Denver, their defense is not the greatest that we have played, but we need our offense to mainly control the clock and keep Manning off the field. Getting the running game going (something we have had some issue with) is going to be the key to the offense. We need to score some points and get lots and lots of first downs to keep Manning off the field.
    I like your analysis. I'm more focused on Houston right now, but once the Denver games roll around IF we can keep the game close then I think we can at least split or maybe win twice. If we keep the combined score at or under 48 points then I think Denver loses. We will not win a shoot-out with them. If our D keeps it close then our O will find a way to win in the 4th quarter. But without a doubt to beat Denver our D will have to bring on their very best games.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Precisely. I'm sick of hearing about Denver. The matchup with the Donks is still over a month away. The next opponent is Houston & they've struggled as of late and are looking to get back on track & I don't look for them to collapse the way they have the previous two games.
    +1. Right now put the gunsights on the Texans. Houston is probably sick of hearing the media go off about Schaub. They're beatable but they still have a good rushing attack. Remember when they came to town and beat us with David Carr at QB?

Screw the donks. We've got a lot of football to be played inbetween now and then. It's not worth it to overlook the Texans, Browns or the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. Right now put the gunsights on the Texans. Houston is probably sick of hearing the media go off about Schaub. They're beatable but they still have a good rushing attack. Remember when they came to town and beat us with David Carr at QB?

Screw the donks. We've got a lot of football to be played inbetween now and then. It's not worth it to overlook the Texans, Browns or the Bills.
    Yes, I remember that game in 2004 when the Texans won at Arrowhead 24-21 and sent the Chiefs to 0-3.

I also just watched a video interview of J.J. Watt and he looks to be snortin' mad, so the Chiefs O-Line better bring their A-game this Sunday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234