Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: week7 chiefs texans

Default week7 chiefs texans

so you think we gonna cover the spread?

JJ Watt sounds pissed and I expect this to be a battle of the defenses. Again its good for us for having a real home field advantage this year, and I think if the offense doesnt come out on the field and abort themselves most of the game like they did against the raiders, the chiefs should have a very good chance at winning this game. If the current turnover ratio trend the texans are paving lately continues, i think the chiefs have an extremely favorable chance to win. why anyone cares about the spread unless theyre betting i have no idea.

My biggest concern this week is how our OL is going to do against the Texans D. JJ Watt usually plays on Fisher's side of the field. It is going to be a good test to see how he does.

No doubt in my mind that this could be a real "trap game". The Donks almost got trapped by the Jags. And the Texans could EASILY trap us. We need to play this game as if a trip to the Superbowl was riding on whether win or lose this game. We're 6-0 and EVERYBODY wants to be the team that knocks us off our pedestal. This game reminds me A LOT of when we went against the Packers in 2011. It has the potential for TROUBLE written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My biggest concern this week is how our OL is going to do against the Texans D. JJ Watt usually plays on Fisher's side of the field. It is going to be a good test to see how he does.
    Actually, Watt will line up on both sides, as I saw him do against the Rams last week. As for Fisher, there probably will be some bad plays, but it will be a question of how Fisher responds when it happens. Will he shrug it off and get the job done that next sequence of plays? Thus far he has. The O-Line in general will probably have some low moments. They simply have to hang in there & not fold up. Watt is listed at 6-5 and 289 lbs. and tremendously strong and uses great technique, but he's not unblockable. The Rams employed a lot of two TE sets and often just ran straight at the Texans & used play-action and with that forged an early lead in that game. Perhaps the Chiefs will do the same this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    No doubt in my mind that this could be a real "trap game". The Donks almost got trapped by the Jags. And the Texans could EASILY trap us. We need to play this game as if a trip to the Superbowl was riding on whether win or lose this game. We're 6-0 and EVERYBODY wants to be the team that knocks us off our pedestal. This game reminds me A LOT of when we went against the Packers in 2011. It has the potential for TROUBLE written all over it.

Agreed. The Chiefs need to treat the Texans like the playoff team that they were in 2012, even if the Texans are starting a rookie QB named Keenum.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-17-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Actually, Watt will line up on both sides, as I saw him do against the Rams last week. As for Fisher, there probably will be some bad plays, but it will be a question of how Fisher responds when it happens. Will he shrug it off and get the job done that next sequence of plays? Thus far he has. The O-Line in general will probably have some low moments. They simply have to hang in there & not fold up. Watt is listed at 6-5 and 289 lbs. and tremendously strong and uses great technique, but he's not unblockable. The Rams employed a lot of two TE sets and often just ran straight at the Texans & used play-action and with that forged an early lead in that game. Perhaps the Chiefs will do the same this Sunday.

Agreed. The Chiefs need to treat the Texans like the playoff team that they were in 2012, even if the Texans are starting a rookie QB named Keenum.
    Well...Because of our TE situation I'm not sure we can field two TE's (sorry Chris Hall doesn't count...The man can catch a pass but blocking JJ Watt is just not going to happen.) But we can compensate for that with our RB's and FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Well...Because of our TE situation I'm not sure we can field two TE's (sorry Chris Hall doesn't count...The man can catch a pass but blocking JJ Watt is just not going to happen.) But we can compensate for that with our RB's and FB.
    Fasano has participated in two light practices this week. The other TE's McGrath and Brock are not listed on the injury report.

You are quite correct about Chad Hall -- at 5-8 and 187 lbs, his chances of blocking JJ Watt are about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii. You may have meant McGrath, but you are right on both counts.

The two TE sets allowed the Rams to deal with the Texans outside LB's, as they run a 3-4 and Watt lined up at DE and it allowed the members of the Rams interior 5 O-Lineman to double up on Watt. Watt didn't even get on the stat sheet, although he did manage to whack Sam Bradford at least once that I saw.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-17-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Fasano has participated in two light practices this week. The other TE's McGrath and Brock are not listed on the injury report.

You are quite correct about Chad Hall -- at 5-8 and 187 lbs, his chances of blocking JJ Watt are about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii. You may have meant McGrath, but you are right on both counts.

The two TE sets allowed the Rams to deal with the Texans outside LB's, as they run a 3-4 and Watt lined up at DE and it allowed the members of the Rams interior 5 O-Lineman to double up on Watt. Watt didn't even get on the stat sheet, although he did manage to whack Sam Bradford at least once that I saw.
    My bad...yes CHAD Hall, with McGrath being the other TE.

Still think that here's a good chance to mess with the Texan DC's game plan, run some two back sets (if we stick with the current short passing game) and use them similar to what the Rams did with their TE's. So far some of the best blocking I've seen has come from JC, and can see FB Sherman handling a linebacker.

Another thought is to keep working on the roll out plays (we finally have an offense that can do that now), but that sort of limits our passing game to one side of the field (whichever side Alex Smith rolls out towards). If Avery is able to get a step on their corners...pump fake short then go long. Haven't seen Alex do any pump fakes, but think he could pull that off. Everyone's so keyed up on our short passing game, and our recievers really struggle to break free or get open, might help if the QB baits the hook and see if they bite. If we roll out a lot, every time it would turn into a track meet for Watt, wear him down and then run at him late in the game. Could also set up a reverse for McCluster, but think that the Texans will see that coming if we do too many roll outs.

Fasano has been practing all week, though it has been limited. Anyways, I think this is a trap game, beware

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Fasano has been practing all week, though it has been limited. Anyways, I think this is a trap game, beware
    What does a trap game mean if this is a trap game. Are you saying the Chiefs are preparing for the Brown next week, or the Bills the Following and not preparing for the Texans who have played the complete opposit of a schedule from us comptetively losing to teams with winning records, because of stupid mistakes like fumbling a kick off returned for numerous Pick 6's.

This game scares me. I think the Texans are a very good team that is falling apart. Should they get their stuff together they could quickly expose the Chiefs as a team beating up on very poor teams with a weak schedule. No one but home Chiefs fans are taking this winning record as a true playoff contending team. All you hear is the defense is very good, BUT....

So as far as a trap game. This is the most imporatant game the Chiefs will play this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    What does a trap game mean if this is a trap game. Are you saying the Chiefs are preparing for the Brown next week, or the Bills the Following and not preparing for the Texans who have played the complete opposit of a schedule from us comptetively losing to teams with winning records, because of stupid mistakes like fumbling a kick off returned for numerous Pick 6's.

This game scares me. I think the Texans are a very good team that is falling apart. Should they get their stuff together they could quickly expose the Chiefs as a team beating up on very poor teams with a weak schedule. No one but home Chiefs fans are taking this winning record as a true playoff contending team. All you hear is the defense is very good, BUT....

So as far as a trap game. This is the most imporatant game the Chiefs will play this week.
    Some good points there...Agree with you definitely on not overlooking these guys.

If the Chiefs' offense wants respect from more fans, they gotta earn it. Wouldn't want it any other way. More concerned with the battles at the lines than anything else on this one. If we win at the trenches we should come out okay. Overall talent-wise they are a very good team, it just they got a unpopular QB situation on their hands.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast