Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,158
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Post Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven


    0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The Chiefs improved to 6-0 against the Raiders on Sunday despite losing left tackle Branden Albert to knee and elbow injuries during the contest. According to coach Andy Reid, the team should have Albert back as they make a push for their seventh win against the Texans in Week Seven. Reid said Monday that he… Read more…

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I am so used to seeing him go down thinking the season is over for him only to return the next series. He is either a very tough player, or a really big wussy making everything so dramatic. I am not sure which one it is. However, the knee injury did look bad on the replay, so I would have to lean one way, but like I said, I have seen it so many times before....

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am so used to seeing him go down thinking the season is over for him only to return the next series. He is either a very tough player, or a really big wussy making everything so dramatic. I am not sure which one it is. However, the knee injury did look bad on the replay, so I would have to lean one way, but like I said, I have seen it so many times before....
    We do know that he's playing for a big contract from somewhere, but I don't believe it'll come from the Chiefs. There's too many wildcards that stack up against it. Asamoah, Lewis, TJ, and McCluster are in the final year of their rookie contracts & they are going to have to look down the road at a possible extension for Alex Smith and get long-term deals done with Justin Houston and possibly Rodney Hudson.

    The only other thing that I could see happening is a possible trade of somebody that's making the big dollars like Flowers, Bowe, or even Berry, but I doubt that will happen.

    Prior to the 2013 draft, there was a cabal of idiots over at Arrowhead Pride threatening to crap in their diapers if the Chiefs took a Tackle at #1 and they made stupid statements such suggesting that the Chiefs trade Tamba Hali so they could free up cap space to sign Albert to a big contract and draft Dion Jordan and I thought "You got to be totally INSANE", as Hali is too valuable and Dion Jordan was NOT another Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas and only had 5 sacks in 2012. This move would have made no sense. Besides, the Chiefs can look to the draft in 2014 and look for a guy to be Hali's successor. I'll bet there were a lot of dirty diapers on draft day when the selection of Fisher was announced.

    If I had to guess, next years top draft pick will be an O-Lineman or Defensive front 7 guy or a WR. Maybe even trading down out of round 1. Time will tell.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-15-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    he got rolled on hard, and the elbow shot from own player was scary..its the trenches..crap happends

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    525
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I for one am getting a bit tired of Brandon Albert. He's not a top LT and he refuses to change positions. I bet Fisher would be playing a better brand of LT if Albert had agreed to switch to RT or maybe even LG.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I for one am getting a bit tired of Brandon Albert. He's not a top LT and he refuses to change positions. I bet Fisher would be playing a better brand of LT if Albert had agreed to switch to RT or maybe even LG.
    Dude, Fisher needs to be playing a better brand of RT before anyone things he can play LT. I am going from being a patient wait and see approach to dude HE SUCKS approach. I am almost to the point of saying move him to the inside to guard and see if he can do anything there, becuase he is getting blown by like the wind on the outside.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    525
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Dude, Fisher needs to be playing a better brand of RT before anyone things he can play LT.
    Playing good RT isn't a prerequisite to playing good LT. Fisher's natural position has always been LT. We are asking him to do a total mirror of everything he was doing as a LT. I stand by my opinion. I think he Fisher would be a rising LT if we had plugged him into that position to begin with. And I think Albert needs to get down from the high horse and accept a switch of position. He might have the same struggles as Fisher at RT or OG, but he has, after all, played LG in college.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Playing good RT isn't a prerequisite to playing good LT. Fisher's natural position has always been LT. We are asking him to do a total mirror of everything he was doing as a LT. I stand by my opinion. I think he Fisher would be a rising LT if we had plugged him into that position to begin with. And I think Albert needs to get down from the high horse and accept a switch of position. He might have the same struggles as Fisher at RT or OG, but he has, after all, played LG in college.
    Agreed. I never liked the idea of playing Fisher out of position at RT & I hope it's just for this year only. Albert struggled a whole lot more at LT in 2009 ( 2nd year ) and 2010 (3rd year ) than Fisher has at RT in 2013. We'll see, but I believe with a years experience and a full off-season program under his belt, Fisher should be much improved in 2014 and hopefully he's back at his natural LT position.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Playing good RT isn't a prerequisite to playing good LT. Fisher's natural position has always been LT. We are asking him to do a total mirror of everything he was doing as a LT. I stand by my opinion. I think he Fisher would be a rising LT if we had plugged him into that position to begin with. And I think Albert needs to get down from the high horse and accept a switch of position. He might have the same struggles as Fisher at RT or OG, but he has, after all, played LG in college.
    Now I am not a Pro player so I don't intend to know the difference from competition, but I did play LT and RT in high school and college and there is not a whole lot of difference in pass blocking between the two. The only time you hear people saying that they are out of position is when they struggle. The players who pick is up say, there isn't much difference. You are a Pro so playing any position on the line should be a problem.

    To me you are making an excuse to cover up the fact that he never really played at the highest level of college at LT and people believed he had a higher ceiling based on his athletic ability so they gook him over Joeckel. Fact of the matter, he isn't getting it done at RT and I sure wouldn't want to let Albert go next year in favor of thinking that his failure at RT is because he is out of position.

    Now I am still going to be patient with him and hope he develops, but I sure won't give him a signle thought of moving to LT to replace Albert or even Donald Stephenson because right now his performance is a liability.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed. I never liked the idea of playing Fisher out of position at RT & I hope it's just for this year only. Albert struggled a whole lot more at LT in 2009 ( 2nd year ) and 2010 (3rd year ) than Fisher has at RT in 2013. We'll see, but I believe with a years experience and a full off-season program under his belt, Fisher should be much improved in 2014 and hopefully he's back at his natural LT position.
    No he did not struggle more. He did struggle and he is stuggling this year, but Fisher is really really struggling. Go watch that first play of the Raiders game again. I could have blocked better than Fisher, because he didn't block at all. He got ran right by for a sack.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: Branden Albert heads to locker room with shoulder injury
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 01:49 AM
  2. Webnews: Chiefs, Branden Albert talking contract, but no deal yet
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM
  3. Webnews: Branden Albert: I was never disgruntled
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 03:22 PM
  4. Webnews: Branden Albert will be at Chiefs practice next week
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM
  5. Webnews: Jeff Ireland says Branden Albert trade could still happe
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •