Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The Chiefs improved to 6-0 against the Raiders on Sunday despite losing left tackle Branden Albert to knee and elbow injuries during the contest. According to coach Andy Reid, the team should have Albert back as they make a push for their seventh win against the Texans in Week Seven. Reid said Monday that he… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 659
    Given: 816

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    No he did not struggle more. He did struggle and he is stuggling this year, but Fisher is really really struggling. Go watch that first play of the Raiders game again. I could have blocked better than Fisher, because he didn't block at all. He got ran right by for a sack.
    Oh yes, he most certainly did. Albert allowed double digit sacks and tons of hits on the QB in 2009 and allowed tons of hits on the QB and gave up 9 sacks in his last 5 starts in 2010. I watched him closely in every one of those games via NFL game rewind.

I watched the 1st play of Fisher, and yes it was bad and there were a couple of others, but after the middle of the 2nd QTR, he settled down and did OK. No way did Fisher perform as badly, in his 1st start against the Raiders, as Albert did in the 2010 season final where Albert was a revolving door that entire game.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 852

3 Not allowed!
    Personally I don't get where Albert gets a hall pass. He threw his fit, got what he wanted, and has struggled just like everybody else on this line, Fisher included. ALL of them need to be doing better.

At this point, what can be done? The easiest thing I think we can do, which would help the O-line, is more running plays. Put those O-line guys into an attacking mentality instead of defensive one. It would also make for an interesting mid-season strategy to shift away from the short passing game to a lot of rushing by JC and KD. Near the end of the season, when we have a shot of getting our banged up TE's back, and by which time our recievers should be better in this offense, switch back to the passing game.

Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Personally I don't get where Albert gets a hall pass. He threw his fit, got what he wanted, and has struggled just like everybody else on this line, Fisher included. ALL of them need to be doing better.

At this point, what can be done? The easiest thing I think we can do, which would help the O-line, is more running plays. Put those O-line guys into an attacking mentality instead of defensive one. It would also make for an interesting mid-season strategy to shift away from the short passing game to a lot of rushing by JC and KD. Near the end of the season, when we have a shot of getting our banged up TE's back, and by which time our recievers should be better in this offense, switch back to the passing game.
    Agreed, I'm not getting where people are talking like Albert is the "be all, end all" regarding the Chiefs O-Line. Albert hasn't been head and shoulders above anybody thus far this year -- he's the senior guy on the O-Line and that's it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Albert walks after this season and Fisher takes over the LT slot with Stephenson taking over RT & the Chiefs O-Line doesn't skip a beat, in fact a beat or two may be picked up.

Overall, the Offense seems to have not found an identity thus far, but I hope they do very soon.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

THIS THIS AND FREAKING THIS

I'm a member of other boards and I keep hereing all this love for Albert. And how he is such a warrior for pkaying hurt. Part of the reason he got hurt last week is because he was beaten HORRIBLY. This whole Offensive line needs to get there s*** together. The only one who I haven't seen play really bad is Hudson well in pass blocking at least
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

I'm a member of other boards and I keep hereing all this love for Albert. And how he is such a warrior for pkaying hurt. Part of the reason he got hurt last week is because he was beaten HORRIBLY. This whole Offensive line needs to get there s*** together. The only one who I haven't seen play really bad is Hudson well in pass blocking at least
    I will say this. Although the O-Line had some struggles against the Raiders last Sunday, at least they didn't get obliterated like the Raiders did to them twice last year.

People's Exhibit:

Charles had 14 carries for 14 yards in the two games combined in 2012. Last Sunday Charles 22 carries for 78 and a pair of TD's.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-16-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not ready to start bashing our O-line. But no doubt they have not lived up to my expectations so far.

I like the idea of more running plays. I think it would be good for our O-line. My instinct says they are better at attacking than defending.....as others have said. If we could win a couple of games NOW with a more run-oriented offense, I think it would really leave Denver and the Colts wondering what they need to defend against when we play them.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Oh yes, he most certainly did. Albert allowed double digit sacks and tons of hits on the QB in 2009 and allowed tons of hits on the QB and gave up 9 sacks in his last 5 starts in 2010. I watched him closely in every one of those games via NFL game rewind.

I watched the 1st play of Fisher, and yes it was bad and there were a couple of others, but after the middle of the 2nd QTR, he settled down and did OK. No way did Fisher perform as badly, in his 1st start against the Raiders, as Albert did in the 2010 season final where Albert was a revolving door that entire game.
    I don't have the numbers to prove it, but from what I have seen Fisher has given up a sack in every game and in some instances more than one, and countless pressures. I am not supporting Albert so don't think I am comparing the two in favor of Albert. I am just saying, that from what I have seen of Fisher at RT. There is no way I would be comfortable moving him to LT thinking he is better suited to play against better pass rushers just because he is supposedly out of position. When fact of the matter is he was evaluated based on playing lesser competition but was considered more athletic.

I personally think Albert is showing why the Chiefs didn't give him the contract he was looking for.

This morning on 610, the Chiefs supposedly commented that the problems with the Chiefs offense is the offensive line not fully grasping the blocking scheme the coaches are showing them. So like I said, I will wait and be patient, but I will tell you that after watching Fisher from 10 yards away at training camp get destroyed over and over in one on one drills. He has a long way to go.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    some players just move better [quicker] to one side over the other. a LT may have a quicker step to his left and get better leverage from the left side than when he moves to his right. you may even see a LT get beat to the inside because he is not as quick to his right. this may be the case w/fisher so I reserve judgment till I see him on the left side. even some running backs run better to one side, its just a lefthanded/right handed thing
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't have the numbers to prove it, but from what I have seen Fisher has given up a sack in every game and in some instances more than one, and countless pressures. I am not supporting Albert so don't think I am comparing the two in favor of Albert. I am just saying, that from what I have seen of Fisher at RT. There is no way I would be comfortable moving him to LT thinking he is better suited to play against better pass rushers just because he is supposedly out of position. When fact of the matter is he was evaluated based on playing lesser competition but was considered more athletic.

I personally think Albert is showing why the Chiefs didn't give him the contract he was looking for.

This morning on 610, the Chiefs supposedly commented that the problems with the Chiefs offense is the offensive line not fully grasping the blocking scheme the coaches are showing them. So like I said, I will wait and be patient, but I will tell you that after watching Fisher from 10 yards away at training camp get destroyed over and over in one on one drills. He has a long way to go.
    Training camp is long over with. If he were getting destroyed over and over in the games, then that would be one thing. But that's not what's happened. There's been bad plays, but they are coming intermittently, not repeatedly or consecutively. Fisher didn't give up a sack against the Giants. The only multiple sack game may have been Philly. But no others. He should be OK at LT by 2014. The entire O-Line has given up pressures & sacks, not just Fisher.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The only one who I haven't seen play really bad is Hudson well in pass blocking at least
    Glad you made that last qualification. Hudson has been terrible in the run plays. We never seem to get anything up the middle. Personally I wouldn't mind us drafting a center next year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast