Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The Chiefs improved to 6-0 against the Raiders on Sunday despite losing left tackle Branden Albert to knee and elbow injuries during the contest. According to coach Andy Reid, the team should have Albert back as they make a push for their seventh win against the Texans in Week Seven. Reid said Monday that he… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 760

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Glad you made that last qualification. Hudson has been terrible in the run plays. We never seem to get anything up the middle. Personally I wouldn't mind us drafting a center next year.
    Or hope that this years 6th round draftee Eric Kush develops next season and challenges Hudson for a starting job.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Training camp is long over with. If he were getting destroyed over and over in the games, then that would be one thing. But that's not what's happened. There's been bad plays, but they are coming intermittently, not repeatedly or consecutively. Fisher didn't give up a sack against the Giants. The only multiple sack game may have been Philly. But no others. He should be OK at LT by 2014. The entire O-Line has given up pressures & sacks, not just Fisher.
    I actually went back and read some of the post about Albert back in 2010, many were calling him out including myself. But the supporters for him were making the same excuses for Albert. He is out of position. Or Haley made him lose 15 pounds to be in better conditioning but it is affecting his strength.

Yes Training camp is over as is the Raiders game, but that one horribly missed block on the opening drive is all it takes for Alex to get hurt or fumble.

Look I was in favor of the Fisher pick. I even made the comment that he would be start at LT before the season ended as soon as Albert got hurt a few games, and Donald Stephenson would take his spot at RT. Fact of the matter, after watching him actually play you may be comfortable with him at LT, but I am much more comfortable with Donald Stephenson at LT. The Chiefs do a lot of Roll out passes to help mask the pathetic pass blocking. The Raiders Defense showed how weak our offensive line is which affected the entire offense. The Chiefs tried to run the ball much more than before between the tackles to take the pressue off the pass game which is completely different from their pass first philosophy.
    Last edited by Seek; 10-16-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Or hope that this years 6th round draftee Eric Kush develops next season and challenges Hudson for a starting job.
    Well a 6th round center panning out is one of the least unusual draft outcomes. So yes there' hope there. If Kush pans out that would be the best scenario for the Chiefs.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I actually went back and read some of the post about Albert back in 2010, many were calling him out including myself. But the supporters for him were making the same excuses for Albert. He is out of position. Or Haley made him lose 15 pounds to be in better conditioning but it is affecting his strength.

Yes Training camp is over as is the Raiders game, but that one horribly missed block on the opening drive is all it takes for Alex to get hurt or fumble.

Look I was in favor of the Fisher pick. I even made the comment that he would be start at LT before the season ended as soon as Albert got hurt a few games, and Donald Stephenson would take his spot at RT. Fact of the matter, after watching him actually play you may be comfortable with him at LT, but I am much more comfortable with Donald Stephenson at LT. The Chiefs do a lot of Roll out passes to help mask the pathetic pass blocking. The Raiders Defense showed how weak our offensive line is which affected the entire offense. The Chiefs tried to run the ball much more than before between the tackles to take the pressue off the pass game which is completely different from their pass first philosophy.
    Not quite. I'm not making any excuses for Fisher, he must step his game up, but I'd like to see him get a chance at LT which is where he played primarily in college. The excuses being made for Albert was out of the want for Eric Berry to be drafted back in 2010 & Albert wasn't in his 1st year in 2009 or 2010. Stephenson has had more practice and playing time at LT as a Pro whereas Fisher hasn't been given a chance at LT at all. If Fisher were given the chance to play LT in 2014 & actually practice at the position right from the get-go, then who knows, he might become All-Pro. Point is, that's where he played primarily in college and should be given the chance in the NFL to play LT. If this team can take a Guard and put him at LT ( Albert ), then why shouldn't they let Fisher have that same chance in his 2nd year after one year of playing out of position at RT? I'd be comfortable with Stephenson playing LT this year, as he's had practice time at both LT and RT. Next year put Fisher over at LT right from the get-go ( like they should of this year ) and make Stephenson the starting RT right from the get-go.

I saw a comment made by Russell Okung about making the switch to RT in the Pro Bowl & he said it did feel a whole lot different playing on the Right side than the Left side.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    See the difference, was the Stephenson he was the back up LT and RT. He was not solely the LT and came in as a back up and did decent from the get go. He made mistakes his first game but was very solid after that where Fisher is still making mistakes that he should be over coming already. Now maybe my opinion of Stephenson is skewed because the team itself sucked so the spot light was no just on the obvious problems as Fisher and offensive line is getting now, and he did make mistakes coming in for Fisher this year with his concussion. However, being the first over all pick, I would expect him to be more consistent as the year goes on but fact of the matter the whole line looked worse this week than any week before with Fisher leading the charge. I am worried about Fisher this week, and not in 2014 because he isn't there.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    See the difference, was the Stephenson he was the back up LT and RT. He was not solely the LT and came in as a back up and did decent from the get go. He made mistakes his first game but was very solid after that where Fisher is still making mistakes that he should be over coming already. Now maybe my opinion of Stephenson is skewed because the team itself sucked so the spot light was no just on the obvious problems as Fisher and offensive line is getting now, and he did make mistakes coming in for Fisher this year with his concussion. However, being the first over all pick, I would expect him to be more consistent as the year goes on but fact of the matter the whole line looked worse this week than any week before with Fisher leading the charge. I am worried about Fisher this week, and not in 2014 because he isn't there.
    The difference also is that last year it was a run-first Offense under Daboll, as opposed to a pass-first Offense this year under Andy Reid. Fisher has gotten nowhere near the number of chances for drive-blocking on running plays that Stephenson got last year. I watched Stephenson fill in for Fisher in the Titans & Stephenson was OK, but he had struggles as well, and it's not likely they are going to send Fisher to the bench anytime soon. They'll let Fisher play through any struggles and mature and develop.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Stephenson is a versatile player who is average on either side. Fisher might be a non-versatile type who is below average on one side and possibly pretty good on the other. People are different. Fisher was drafted for what he had shown as an LT, not RT.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Stephenson is a versatile player who is average on either side. Fisher might be a non-versatile type who is below average on one side and possibly pretty good on the other. People are different. Fisher was drafted for what he had shown as an LT, not RT.
    We will have to wait and see, but there is absolutely no signs right now supporting you other than Wishful thoughts.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

0 Not allowed!
    Fisher is still a rookie. Give him some time. I suspect he is going to turn out just fine.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I am giving him time, but patience is starting to wear out as the season goes along and he is still making horrible mistakes. He is really going to have his hands full this week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast