Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Branden Albert should be fine for Week Seven

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The Chiefs improved to 6-0 against the Raiders on Sunday despite losing left tackle Branden Albert to knee and elbow injuries during the contest. According to coach Andy Reid, the team should have Albert back as they make a push for their seventh win against the Texans in Week Seven. Reid said Monday that he… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

0 Not allowed!
    I agree he needs time but if we are going to make a run at the playoffs he doesn't have very much time. We need to see progress

Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 57

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I agree he needs time but if we are going to make a run at the playoffs he doesn't have very much time. We need to see progress
    Are you forgetting we were 2-14 last year? This is progress!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 276

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am giving him time, but patience is starting to wear out as the season goes along and he is still making horrible mistakes. He is really going to have his hands full this week.
    Yeah he probably will. I suspect this may be our toughest game yet this year. But even if Fisher has a terrible game I will not be ready to call him a bust. He's a KID. He's trying to go from college football to a starter in the NFL. And I think he is doing VERY respectably for his first season. Especially when you consider the change of position. He is not doing anywhere near as good as I would have liked, but he doesn't fall apart when he gets beaten badly. I think he will become a GREAT player. Though I don't expect that to happen this year. I think he is getting a little better every week and despite some setbacks from time to time will continue to do so. I wish like hell that with the way this season is going he was playing better.....Lord knows we need it....but we were 2-14 last year and 4-12 the year before. I am VERY HAPPY with the way this team is developing. I expect Fisher will continue to be "acceptable" this year for a rookie. He damned well better be. But I really think that years 2 & 3 are where we should judge just how good or bad he is.

I've been a Chiefs fan for a LOOOONG time. If I wasn't patient I'd have long since jumped off a bridge.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Are you forgetting we were 2-14 last year? This is progress!
    Thank you!!!!

Who REALLY thought 6 months ago we would be 6-0 at this point?

Who really thought 6 months ago we would be thinking about the playoffs at this point?

Who really thought 6 months ago that we would be expecting a playoff win this year?

Who really thought 6 months ago that we might have a shot at the SuperBowl this year?

We have made more progress as a team and at most positions this year than I expected.

We have made a lot of progress as a team this year but my original expectations for this year were somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 with an outside shot at 10-6. And now we are 6-0 with a VERY REAL shot at the playoffs and IMO a better than even chance at a playoff win.

I am pretty damned confident that the Chiefs will FAR EXCEED my expectations of 6 months ago. And I am good with that....because I think we are going to be even better for the next several years.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thank you!!!!

Who REALLY thought 6 months ago we would be 6-0 at this point?

Who really thought 6 months ago we would be thinking about the playoffs at this point?

Who really thought 6 months ago that we would be expecting a playoff win this year?

Who really thought 6 months ago that we might have a shot at the SuperBowl this year?

We have made more progress as a team and at most positions this year than I expected.

We have made a lot of progress as a team this year but my original expectations for this year were somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 with an outside shot at 10-6. And now we are 6-0 with a VERY REAL shot at the playoffs and IMO a better than even chance at a playoff win.

I am pretty damned confident that the Chiefs will FAR EXCEED my expectations of 6 months ago. And I am good with that....because I think we are going to be even better for the next several years.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To answer your question, No one would have thought. However, the bar was raised. We should make the play offs, and we may have a chance at the superbowl. But we were a 2-14 team last year and just like all the critics say. We haven't played anyone to really push us yet. They are already looking to Denver for that match, yet Denver played the same Candy Schedule.

As bad as the Raiders were, they showed us a glaring weakness that will get exposed against a good balanced team. I am sorry if you guys are just happy we are winning. I want more! I expect More, but until we do beat a good good team instead of losers. I am not confident this team will do anything in the play offs, yet alone the superbowl.

Again, we need to win the game we play this week. This is our biggest match so far.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 538

0 Not allowed!
    To answer your question, No one would have thought. However, the bar was raised. We should make the play offs, and we may have a chance at the superbowl. But we were a 2-14 team last year and just like all the critics say. We haven't played anyone to really push us yet. They are already looking to Denver for that match, yet Denver played the same Candy Schedule.

As bad as the Raiders were, they showed us a glaring weakness that will get exposed against a good balanced team. I am sorry if you guys are just happy we are winning. I want more! I expect More, but until we do beat a good good team instead of losers. I am not confident this team will do anything in the play offs, yet alone the superbowl.

Again, we need to win the game we play this week. This is our biggest match so far.
    Agreed. Six scalps hanging on the wall, time for number seven. Gunsights on the Texans. TopekaRoy says it's going to be a blowout, hope he's right.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

1 Not allowed!

I read this post without seeing who posted this then I guessed who wrote this and I guessed right Seek. Couldn't have wrote that better myself. So happy that I get to set my expectations higher now that I see what kind of product Clark hunt and co. Put on the field this year. I said it right when we signed Andy Reid, he's a Super Bowl away from being a football god and he's HUNGRY! Imagine how he's gonna look after this season with even just one playoff win turning a 2-14 team into a Super Bowl contender is just credit to his coaching abilities

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    So after this thread I thought fisher had a decent game.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I had to work and didn't get to watch the game, but I'm glad to hear he did fairly well. The way this season is starting to look, we REALLY need him to give the very best he's got.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234