Thread: Webnews: Chiefs planning bigger workload for Jamaal Charles

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs planning bigger workload for Jamaal Charles

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles is averaging 24.5 touches per week through the first six weeks of the season, which puts him on pace for 398 on the season. That’s a hefty number for any back and especially so for a back that’s already dealt with minor injuries to his quad and toes this season.… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 347

0 Not allowed!
    Putting more on JC worries me. He is going to take one hell of a pounding. But we have to do it. We're running for the playoffs and an AFC West Championship is not out of the question. And if we make the playoffs then the sky is the limit. I just hope JC can hold up.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 783

1 Not allowed!
    JC's a workhorse. He's there to play and wants it. Also have no problem with Knile Davis getting reps, same for Sherman.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 788

1 Not allowed!
    I'm hoping this means employing more power running Offensive sets and giving the Chiefs O-Line more chances at drive blocking ( Eric Fisher excels at this ) and set up more play action shots downfield.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm hoping this means employing more power running Offensive sets and giving the Chiefs O-Line more chances at drive blocking ( Eric Fisher excels at this ) and set up more play action shots downfield.
    I think you are on to something there. Reid loves the passing game. But from when I lived in DC back in the '80s and Washington had Riggins I remember that Riggins got better as the game went on. As much as I love Reid, I think we need to do more to establish the running game.....and not just with JC. If we can establish a good running game by midway through the second quarter then I think Alex Smith will go to town. Establish a decent run game and then KILL them with a good short passing game!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    So what I hear, is that our offensive line sucks and by running the ball more, there is less chance of the QB getting blind sided and fumbling the ball or flushing out of the pocket and getting lit up or forcing a pass under pressure and making a mistake.

I hear MORE GAME Management.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    I can't help but wonder if maybe they elevate Cyrus Gray to the #2 RB position. Did you notice that after Davis fumbled the ball out of bounds on that swing pass, that he never saw the field again for the rest of the game against the Raiders? He also fumbled a kickoff against Philly & was lucky to get it back. Davis has a wealth of talent & ability, but it all becomes void if he can't hang on to the football.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 783

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So what I hear, is that our offensive line sucks and by running the ball more, there is less chance of the QB getting blind sided and fumbling the ball or flushing out of the pocket and getting lit up or forcing a pass under pressure and making a mistake.

Okay...So what's your gameplan?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Begging you pardon, but I think we're all trying to figure out how our offense can score more points.