Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 7 thoughts

Default Game 7 thoughts

The good

The offense IMO is showing some progress. The 97 yard drive was one of the best drives that you're going to see. They looked deep more then they have before just have to get timing down which takes gametime tries.

The D in the 2nd half was what we've seen this year. They were at a disadvantage not having any film of Keenum who was impressive in his first start. But they didn't let that stop them And GOALLINE STAND NICE

The bad

The offense still being a work in progress they show you at times what they can be then at others they look like last year. The redzone offense in the 2nd half was poor a lot of that was playcalling. That has to be better

The defense at the start. They just didn't look the same. I don't think they were ready for the offense Houston ran. But the good news even in that is they clearly were able to make the needed adjustments. That's something they wouldn't have been able to do last year with that joke of a coaching staff.

Very lucky to be 7-0 but still are 7-0 keep on rolling Bring on the Browns
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

More game 7 thoughts:

- Houston earned my respect. They played their hearts out. They kept losing important players and were still seriously in the game. A tip of a hat to Keenum. He was the most poised rookie QB I have seen in a long time.

- With the above said, I think a good part of Keenum's success was due to the fact that our coaches had no film on him.

- I actually felt sorry for Cushing. Was that the same knee he tore up a couple of years ago?

- I'm a big fan of Dwayne Bowe, but I am a bit disappointed in his overall effort today. Actually in terms of catching only. His blockin was superb when needed.

- On a sideline catch by Dexter, he got helmet-to-helmeted. On another sideline catch one of our WRs (I forget who) was tackled and pulled down hard somewhat out of bounds. The Fasano goal line catch was probably a TD. Admittedly these were borderline calls. ALL WENT AGAINST US. There were a couple more that I can't immediately access my memory for. Now close your eyes and substitute our receivers with Manning's. How many of these calls would have gone Denver's way? I say almost all.
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 10-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.

And a question:

I wasn't watching the O-line very closely. Somebody said that Allen played center today. Is that true, or was I BSed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Hate him? Really? He's a damn good player. I respect the guy more than I hate him.
    Yes I hate him and eli as well. Never said he wasnt good or that I didnt respect his game. Isray hinted payton was the reason they didnt win more superbowls. There was a reason why indy never had any defense cuz manning demanded all the money go towards off players. Amd it hendard the colts. My biggest thing is they both made demands when they got drafted. Payton wouldnt play for the saints and eli refused to go to the chargers. They think there above everyone else can can dictte where there drafted. Which they did. Eli is the worst with his pouty face expresions. Payton chokes come playoffs also so does all of paytons defenses come playoffs. Thats why defenses when championships. The only qb id take without a def is tom brady. Tonight showed that press man coverage amd pass rush will stop manning. Now is denvers def able to pick up the slack? No thats why they wont get far in the playoffs.

To prove my point. Manning dint loose the game. 33 points should be enough to win. Denvers def lost the game. If payton would allow his teams to be more balanced on both sides he wouldnt need to score as much. But helikes Iit this way so he can pad his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    if you'll excuse me i have to go to a donkey forum and rub it in !!!!
    Please dont go rub it in. Dont want carma to come back amd bite us. Im glad they lost but im not gki.g to kick a person when there down.

My thoughts on the game....

1) Will the person that stated (w/detailed analysis) about how this game was going to be a blowout game for the Chiefs please step up and get their crow pie? Your order is blocking the chef's window because Chef Dexter McCluster has another plate of crow for me, too.

2) We're 7-0, and really proud of this team for winning. Far as I'm concerned the game ball goes to Bob Sutton for the adjustments he made in the second half.

3) Offensively we are improving, but we still need better execution. Alex Smith's scramble for a TD was great, broken play or not. If it's not a designed play...It should be. It looked to me like the Chiefs were going for more deep passes and rushing, but it just wasn't firing on all cylinders. We did have some long drives, which must've made for a nice break for the D.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    LOL that's a lot of laughs reading there board
    yes they are. and easy to get along with as long as you behave yourself. unlike a lot a forums where your as welcome as a turd in a swimmimg pool
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Excited that our Kansas City Chiefs are in sole possession of 1st place!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Excited that our Kansas City Chiefs are in sole possession of 1st place!
    a great feeling to wake up to
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm sure when power rankings come out and division leAders Denver will still be ahead of US..esp. esp

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast